The online racing simulator
Handheld console as OutGauge display
I was bored this morning, and browsing the forums learned about the existence of OutGauge, and having a couple of hours to kill I hacked together this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCodqv62bQ

Sorry for the vid quality
The little screen looks really cool and high quality. What is it? Just an nice LCD or something? EDIT: Oh you can use the GP2X for it? very cool

Video is cool. My friend wants to make one of these.
It's a GP2X, a Korean made handheld console with a 320x200@16 LCD screen. It runs Linux, and can do TCP/IP over USB, so getting the data from OutGauge was dead simple.
A bit expensive to use just this way, but hey, it plays mp3, movies and can run games, which could come handy in long pit stops
I had the same idea some time ago, used my n-gage for it: pic, video

Made it with python, it communicates with an OutGauge relay though a bluetooth serial port.
That looks way nicer... I have no patience for graphics, had to use and learn the SDL graphics library as I went and hated every minute of it.
Kegetys: Can you send/PM me that program you made for the n-gage please. I need something new for my n-gage.
It's not really in a condition where releasing it would make any sense, you would need to modify the sources of both the python app and the C outgauge relay, install a bunch of python libraries that I cannot remember where I got them from and so on... If you can do all that then you might as well create the whole thing from scratch, the program itself is really simple.
Damn
I might wanna go buy a GP2X then, It does seem like a nifty device, especially if they ported KDE or even Blackbox to it.
Quote from Thunderhead :Says me too.

I just got an used N gage too.

I have a 6630. It would be a handy display

I hope, once we could use smartphones as OutGauge display (Bluetooth is not necessary, have cable too )
any1 ever made one for PocketPCs ?
how bout sony psp's
Quote from james12s :how bout sony psp's

Homebrew coding for the PSP is quite hard.

I have a similar project for the DS in mind, but now I don't have time for anything out of work and uni Maybe in the future
Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone know where to get this GP2X program to display LFS OutGage?
Sent a PM to jfgcatalan but haven't got a reply yet

thanks
Kegtys where are you? I am also interested in getting this up a running on an n gage. It's a really useful thing to have when driving some of the cars with small gauges & if you use a small ish screen to play LFS on.

I am the 3rd person & I am sure there will be many more. How about we club together & buy you a new CD or PC game for your trouble?
I have used a PDA (WM5 HTC Wizard) as a screen using sidewindow

http://www.pocketgear.com/en_U ... roduct.jsp?id=prod5641205

The program makes your windows mobile phone act like a second monitor.

problem I cant find any app that will size correctly. 800 x 600 or 320x 140

if any body knows one this will let us users have a dashboard

FYI It works perfectly with GTRPD for gtr2
Quote from anttt69 :Kegtys where are you? I am also interested in getting this up a running on an n gage. It's a really useful thing to have when driving some of the cars with small gauges & if you use a small ish screen to play LFS on.

I am the 3rd person & I am sure there will be many more. How about we club together & buy you a new CD or PC game for your trouble?

, as a automotive Technician , i constantly , use scanners to monitor sensors signal output , values , dutycycle ... ETC . these scanners can cost up to 10K, at my dealer we have the latest system , Panassonic ToughBook , , bla bla bla ,
considering my slave like paycheck , i cant afford a 10k scanner . Last year i found this Amazing little Toy, http://www.scangauge.com

i use it mainly as a SCanner , a roadtest analyser and of course as my 1 and only gauge unit for my , car . i dont fency the F16 Fighter Jet cockpit look in my cars.

So if the Scangauge2 could translate data comming from the PC , so it thinks its plugged in the ALDL Diagnosis connector it would be awesome , if so , the simple wirering of the unit , ( Simple Network phone jack type ) will make the setup very easy to plug in plug out of cars and to the PC , as it already comes with a phone jack to USB Cable, to actually save trip data to a pc, i just hope that OUtgauge can send trought a USB port

Keep it up Geeks =)
-
New Gauge Setup (dean_8486) DELETED by dean_8486
ive got an old compaq 3970 pda kicking about.......can i do anything with that to show gears?

it has a cradle which connects to the pc by usb.

cheers
I've got a dell axim x50 (mid) with a usb cradle, anything i can run on this that will get me using it again would be great

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG