The online racing simulator
i wanna see the Lx8 back in lfs!
i wanna see the Lx8 back in lfs!
you wouldnt get it anyway as a demo racer
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Buy a license
I would like to see the LX8 in lfs purely as the more cars the better but the lx6 scares me enough lol.
Gotta say i hated the LX6, but after an inter team league using only the LX6 i've grown to love it, it's one of my favourite cars.

So +1 on reconsidering the addition of the LX8
I have to say, compared to the FO8, the LX6 is quite tame. I think the LX8 would be a blast.
It's a shame the LX6 and LX8 have the ugly hood. Personally the LX4 looks better, from the front, but the LX6 looks better from the back, due to the lack of spare.
The LX8 GTR would need to be reined in a bit to compete with the other GTRs. Unless the GTR's are split in to TBOR and LRFR* classes, which would be excellent IMO and easier to balance.

*Would be easier to have an LX6 GTR though.
A true LX8 would not have downforce, so wouldn't be able to compete with the big GTRs. It would own the FWD GTRs. Which is fine. I'd really love to drive one of these, especially since my Dad bottled out of building one a few years ago.

IMO the car looks better with the spare at the rear.
For a road car, the spare looks great. But racing it just looks out of place. Plus it gets in the way of part of my "team" paintjob.
Quote from GFresh :Gotta say i hated the LX6, but after an inter team league using only the LX6 i've grown to love it, it's one of my favourite cars.

So +1 on reconsidering the addition of the LX8

Don't you dare to try the 4 then A bit slower, easier to drive, a blas in the City.
Quote from Bob Smith :A true LX8 would not have downforce, so wouldn't be able to compete with the big GTRs. It would own the FWD GTRs. Which is fine. I'd really love to drive one of these, especially since my Dad bottled out of building one a few years ago.

IMO the car looks better with the spare at the rear.

I'm pretty sure there have been Caterhams with downforce. I don't see what's stopping anyone from slapping some wings on it
Downforce is pretty useless if your tire's aren't up to it. LX-8s would need large, wide slicks to make use of its relatively large amount of power. Something like 255/45/16 would be necessary if its to reach its full track potential, with or wiyhout downforce.

However, LX cars aren't so terribly aerodynamic to start with anyway. And there's almost no way to realistically make a rear wing work IRL on a car with roof shape like the LX-6. Unless you mount the wing even higher than the roof, which doesn't look so good.

So if the LX-8 would some day make it into LFS, give it properly sized race tires, with slicks, intermediates and full wets. Downforce will not realistically work with a car like it unless the aerodynamic profile is heavily revised.
Quote from KillerMonkey :I'm pretty sure there have been Caterhams with downforce. I don't see what's stopping anyone from slapping some wings on it

The Donkervoort that held he Nordschleife lap time record for some time had downforce...

No it is...
:blank:
As I posted in a similar thread:

I would redo the LX series and not base it on number of cylinders, but instead on power. Caterhams are available with horsepower from 120hp (only classic has 105hp) to the 260hp CSR 260, all with very light 4 cylinder engines: http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm.

Since these are the current cars, LFS should model these, not the cars of the past. If there are to be 3 different LX's, then I'd recommend 140hp, 200hp, and 260hp. The 260hp version should have bias ply slicks, as these are often used for wheel to wheel racing. The CSR 260 includes a dry sump oil system so it can deal with the conering forces from slicks.

Now they won't admit it, but Eric, Scawen, and Victor have made their own special developers version of LFS that only they can play. It has the LX8, nitrous oxide boost, motion blur, and slicks for all cars.
Slicks for all cars is easy. just get the slickmod.
Everything is easy for Scawen.
Some how a "your mawm" joke seems so fitting right now.
Quote from JeffR :As I posted in a similar thread:

I would redo the LX series and not base it on number of cylinders, but instead on power. Caterhams are available with horsepower from 120hp (only classic has 105hp) to the 260hp CSR 260, all with very light 4 cylinder engines: http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm.

Since these are the current cars, LFS should model these, not the cars of the past. If there are to be 3 different LX's, then I'd recommend 140hp, 200hp, and 260hp. The 260hp version should have bias ply slicks, as these are often used for wheel to wheel racing. The CSR 260 includes a dry sump oil system so it can deal with the conering forces from slicks.

Now they won't admit it, but Eric, Scawen, and Victor have made their own special developers version of LFS that only they can play. It has the LX8, nitrous oxide boost, motion blur, and slicks for all cars.

Yes, but I don't think that any cars that are already in LFS are going to be that drastically changed. I just can't see it happening. But I don't think there is really need for a change either. And more cylinders is always better, especially positioned in two rows in 90 degrees... (with twin quad turbos, NOS, neons and glowing door handles)
Quote :
Quote :redo the LX series and not base it on number of cylinders, but instead on power

Yes, but I don't think that any cars that are already in LFS are going to be that drastically changed.

You can't see the engines, and the LX6 exhaust only appears to have 4 collector pipes (implying 4 cylinder engine). The LX6 inline 6 is making 190hp, while the real Caterham CSR 260 Duratech 2.3 liter inline 4 is making 260hp. The Duratech motor is very light. Probably the best V8 for the Caterham would be the one used in a Radical SR8, using the heads from two motorcycles engines with a custom lower end, but this is 360hp.
Quote from JeffR :You can't see the engines, and the LX6 exhaust only appears to have 4 collector pipes (implying 4 cylinder engine). The LX6 inline 6 is making 190hp, while the real Caterham CSR 260 Duratech 2.3 liter inline 4 is making 260hp. The Duratech motor is very light. Probably the best V8 for the Caterham would be the one used in a Radical SR8, using the heads from two motorcycles engines with a custom lower end, but this is 360hp.

360hp LX8 with MASSIVE slicks. Hmm.
Quote from JeffR :You can't see the engines, and the LX6 exhaust only appears to have 4 collector pipes (implying 4 cylinder engine). The LX6 inline 6 is making 190hp, while the real Caterham CSR 260 Duratech 2.3 liter inline 4 is making 260hp. The Duratech motor is very light. Probably the best V8 for the Caterham would be the one used in a Radical SR8, using the heads from two motorcycles engines with a custom lower end, but this is 360hp.

But the naming of the cars suggests that LX4 has 4 and LX6 has 6 cylinders, and changing their engines would change their character too. Like taking the turbo away from the XRT or making the FXO a 2.4l itre V6 instead of the inline 4 would probably not change their looks but would cetainly change their character, even if the power outputs would be roughly same.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that if the LXs get different engines, some other cars should too. Like the XRR&FXR. Inline 4 with turbo and 490hp - not the most best to compete with 3.6 litre NA engine

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG