The online racing simulator
monting a real steering wheel on momo
ok guys...i was wondering how to mount a real steering wheel onto a momo ( black) steering wheel....i dont really have a clue how to do it yet..so if i could have some advice plz then thatd be great...
well i dont realy se any i like a plus none are a valible anymore and if they are no price..iv seen ppl have taken the stock one off and put on a wheel rom autozone or sumthin...thats what i want to do
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Black Momo, I am afriad its not easy if you really want to do it. It will take some personal investigation. As Tweaker says, Frex do a Wheel Adaptor kit, but its only for the DFP. You can basically buy your own (Real ) wheel and Frex provide the adaptor kit. I must say, it does feel very nice. Danowat from here has done it, and I had a bash at GTL and LFS on it, and its lovely
So you can get your PC steering wheel and mount a real car steering wheel on it?
Yes, that's how it works. DFP + Frex kit + Real racing wheel
You mean like this?

It's my MOMO/Frex/DFP combo

Dan,
WOW. Cool
yea thats what i want..i thnk ill unscrew the steering wheel get the wires and buttons out of inlets, the get a control box for those buttons and find a way to mout a steering wheel on it...good idea??
No, buy the Frex if you've got a lot of money to spend
Don't do it yourself. You'll break your wheel.
I'm guessing, quite alot.
well in case u guys didnt see there is no black momo frex's for sale..iv seen ppl that do it there self so...
Quote from mr grady :apart from the DFP, how much did it set you back?

Dan would have to answer that, but apart from the cost ( don;t think its that much ) and the waiting of delivery ( thats the pain bit ) its really good upgrade
Quite expensive, if I remember correctly.

£90 for the wheel (Momo 11 from rallynuts)
£80-90 (depending on exchange rate) for the adaptor and delivery, took a bloody age to deliver maybe 5 weeks.

TBH, I think its WELL worth it, the wheel is like nothing else out there, plus the paddle shifters are 100 times better than the standard ones.

Could you make one yourself?, no doubt, but I think the Frex adaptor is a very nice piece of kit, and there is no (or little) chance of buggering your wheel up, buy a DFP and the Frex, I doubt you would get better than it.

Dan,

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG