The online racing simulator
Mountain Tracks
(20 posts, started )
Mountain Tracks
Not Sure if this ahs been brought up yet, if it ahs delete or lock this thread right away.

In my opinion we should have like a decent amount of mountain tracks/touges. Mountains would allow for hill climb racing, better rally, Formula time attacks, anything you could imagine, and yes, drifting too.

I was watching some videos of hill climbs and stuff, damn those things seem like so much fun I cant believe we dont have like the tracks and a hillclimb league!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Sorry, it's been discussed about and even though I like it, some here are adamantly opposed to any mountaun pass style circuits. Excuses range from "people will drift on it (anti drift sentiment) to "it's illegal racing" even though IRL, mountain passes closed to normal traffic are the staple course of WRC rally stages.
haha yeah Idefinately didnt see that other post, sorry.

as for ""people will drift on it (anti drift sentiment)" we drift on almsot every single track LFS has, sometimes we mess around on rallyX too.

I'm like itchin to do a hill climb in LFS, drift or jsut a normal hill climb, it would probably be the newest favorite right away haha
Quote from XCNuse :@jamex; no ones against it, its just that people are against the way other people bring up the topic and how they suggest it

I just wish we could get one, just one real world track. My dream would be to unleash LFS's superior physics on a real world track we play everyday in all the ISI based sims. This would be so fulfilling. Not sure what the devs are waiting for. Do like ISI did and call it something else to avoid the licensing issues. Heck, or even make a fictional track thats available in both sims. I'd be more than ok with that.
I'm no dorifto fanboy, but I grew up in an area full of lovely hilly twisty roads and I wouldn't object to some more mountainous environments in LFS.

IF mods ever come to LFS I have a suggestion for a top track. Mountain Sprint from the netKar namie was always a great drive in the Modena & Mini Cooper and would lend itself to some exciting racing
Quote from Hankstar :I'm no dorifto fanboy, but I grew up in an area full of lovely hilly twisty roads and I wouldn't object to some more mountainous environments in LFS.

IF mods ever come to LFS I have a suggestion for a top track. Mountain Sprint from the netKar namie was always a great drive in the Modena & Mini Cooper and would lend itself to some exciting racing

Haha see? Mountains/touges/hills appeal to all kinds of people.

I would do all kinds of driving on it, Drifting, Racing, Sprints, hill climbs withs tock sets, the works. It doesnt matter if you drift or race, mountains are fun for everyone.

LFS is like the world, racism all over, haha. Lots of racers dont liek drifters, and drifters also race or jsut dont give a damn =P
Mountains & hills for racing (or rallying even :up though, not touge-ing

You're right, some people can be a bit militant when it comes to what is just personal preferences. Some people like ice hockey but not figure skating, I like old Minis but not new Minis. I'm not going to get my back up about it though

It's just that a lot of racers want race-only stuff for LFS and would be happier if drifters just made do with what exists, much like RL drifters do. I guess the concern is that including anything that could be described as "drift-specific" would a) take valuable development time from new LFS stuff (or just improvements on existing content) - after all, only 2 guys program this sim and the third is the web genius - and b) lots of people don't want the FnF/NFS boy-racer riceboy element to feature too highly in the LFS world. I'm fine with that - adding bodykits, spinners, Gran Tursimo-style upgrades and rubbish like that isn't necessary, imho, as this is a race sim, not a bling-sim like NFSU. I'm all for new tracks though, whatever form they take :up:

People get short with touge/drift/ricey-type requests because they pop up all the time which indicates people don't use the search tool or look in the Improvement Suggestions log thread. Don't hold it against them or take it personal, many of us have been around since '02/'03 demo days and have seen this sim grow, as it were, from infancy. Some LFS'ers understandably feel sorta protective
Haha I've been aroudn LFS for around 3 years too.

I'm not trying to get the mountains to jsut so I cand rift on them, sure it would probably be fun btu I wanna do some all out hill climbs man! And touge isnt just drifting, it's just mountain roads haha.

Racers also have to make do with what is available too, jsut because they only race doesnt mean we're all playing the same game, just in a different way. Still pressing the gas and turning the wheel, flicking the mouse, or pounding the keyboard.

Either way, mountains = yes
Quote from joeynuggetz :I just wish we could get one, just one real world track. My dream would be to unleash LFS's superior physics on a real world track we play everyday in all the ISI based sims. This would be so fulfilling. Not sure what the devs are waiting for. Do like ISI did and call it something else to avoid the licensing issues. Heck, or even make a fictional track thats available in both sims. I'd be more than ok with that.

suppose you learnt that all the tracks in lfs were based on real tracks, but they were not 'big name' real tracks - would that change anything for you? I don't understand it.
Here's my thought for a mountain track that would keep everyone happy ... and remove the need for a Nordschliefe clone.

A 20km or so "Mini Mille Migila" set in Spain. Have some more roads as well to make some subdivisions.

This could be set in the Cantabrian countryside, with 3 or 4 hillclimbs (have them reversed to appease the drifters as well). There should be a section where the roads are really worn out with surface cracks and stuff.
Pike's Peak would be fun, and there would finally be a track where the FXR would be king.
Quote from evilgeek :Pike's Peak would be fun, and there would finally be a track where the FXR would be king.

<--- drools
Pike's Peak, oooh yeah...but then we'd have to have some little pocket rocket with 800hp up its sleeve
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
lol @ "skidders" & "toogay". Kev, you cruel, heartless man

Gravel, of course it is (doh) - well, bring it on anyway, give the RB4 an extra 200+hp (plus a couple of like-minded stable-mates) and I'll be happy as a clam :up:
Quote from thisnameistaken :But Pikes Peak is mostly gravel roads isn't it? Then the skidders won't have their toogay, and we'll have a thread a week asking for "Another mountain road in LFS"...

who said we dont want a tarmac hill climb as well ?
Quote from Shotglass :who said we dont want a tarmac hill climb as well ?

i think it actually has sections of both.
i'm just imagining the outcome: F1 racing on a moutain road, sprint race. That'd be crazy...

But a decently tight, windy mountain road can suit many types of racing / styles, but sure leave one thing out: draaaaaaaaaaag
Actually, I'll LOVE a gravel mountain pass on LFS. Limitless WRC style fun!

Too bad there are currently no proper rally cars to actually USE such a great course. We'll have to either get a dedicated rallycar such as a Mitsubishi Lancer Evoluion lookalike (and PERFROMS similiarly) or even a mid-engined 4WD Group B moster, or at LEAST do a rally pack version of the RB4 with WAY superior powerband and turbo behavior, longer suspension travel, progressive springs, 4-way adjustable shocks, better tire packages, etc.

Mountain Tracks
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG