The online racing simulator
AI pits !?
(30 posts, started )
AI pits !?
Holy cow !

I was setting my server, for the national championship tonigth, and tested with some AI drivers. Suddenly the message shows "AI2 pits"

I hurried saving the replay and watched what happened.

Ai 2 was smashed and was driving along the fence on Fe Green, and drove in the pits. Here he randomly parks for a moment in a yellow box, and the message flashes up

EDIT :
It`s in danish, but it`s true (The pit message)
Attached images
ai111.jpg
aipitstop.jpg
#2 - _rod_
LOL thats got be the 1st.. See to all you people who said Ai doesnt pit, you guys just didnt know how to make it pit LOL..
Doesnt the ai auto repair after a crash? Now im wondering if you crash it (ai) near the pits it will pit. Hmm
#3 - joen
wtf? That's pretty cool
Evolution of the AI species is slowly but surely starting to happen
Quote from _rod_ :LOL thats got be the 1st.. See to all you people who said Ai doesnt pit, you guys just didnt know how to make it pit LOL..
Doesnt the ai auto repair after a crash? Now im wondering if you crash it (ai) near the pits it will pit. Hmm

No !
He wasn`t repaired ?

here is the replay - I was fooling around with the server and the program "Lfs Dedilink"

Its about 6 minutes into the replay. I saw something about the fuel too !?
But he wasn`t repaired totally, after the pitstop ?!

EDIT :

In fact i was parked near the fence, on the beginning of the back straigth. Then I saw the message about the refuelling. I was a little confused here
Attached files
fejlbraendstof.mpr - 278 KB - 200 views
Well done, Allan - that's a 'first'

lol interesting replay.

The AI pitted under illegitimate circumstances.
Crashed into the pit wall, reversed, and was going so slow it registered it in the pitbox as stopped.
Although i was suprised that the AI car in the pit lane didn't keep trying to get onto the main circut. Maybe there is very VERY basic pitting code? maybe. Only Scawen knows
As far as I know the main problem with pitting is not the pitstop itself, but to make the AI cars enter the pitlane. They have to know where the pitlane is and how to safely enter it including braking down to 80 km/h.
I remember one race vs the ai.. they just stopped in the middle of the track
I hope AI to learn how to stop everytime
#9 - (SaM)
It's just that all cars get a repair if they come across a pitbox at a speed of about 0-5km/h. It's coincidence that he happened to not be able to come back to the next waypoint on the track by steering right since his suspension was badly damaged - wich made him accidently pit.
But I gotta say, that was really funny to watch! I can understand how surprised you were seeing it happen!
#10 - Gunn
I saw an AI pit message once too, many months ago. I'm not sure if it drove in to the pit or was shunted by another AI though.
by any chance you want to show us the replay
I was playing around with AI the other day, and when it went out of gas, I pushed it into the pits. It pit all correctly and all... But it never restarted its engine...
i made an AI go through the pits and got a stop go penalty
#15 - Jakg
wow. Thats amazing.

(Im being sarcastic - it's easy to do that, its getting them to stop thats hard!)
Wow an AI with an IQ of over 5..

btw Jakg you got enough sig links??
#17 - Jakg
This is old news for me , because about year ago. I teached 5 AI-s to pit !

I stood in the centre of the road and pushed them into the pilt road in Blackwood and then they pitted

I want to teach them now too !
oh (wow, they are really aggressive)
The AI seems to do all sorts of weird things, including voting to restart.
#21 - Jakg
Ai NEVER vote to restart...
#22 - Davo
Don't mind me, just spamming through...
Quote from Jakg :Ai NEVER vote to restart...

On one server I went on, I'm sure it said "AI1 voted to restart". Must have been a human player with that as their name (lol).
I was once banned from a server because an AI accused me of wrecking and instantly a bunch of AIs - must have been five or six of them - pressed 1 and gone was I ... I think they also called me n00b and all kinds of names which are too dirty to repeat in a public forum.
looking at the replay it looks like an accident, the ai was trying to get away from the box

AI pits !?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG