The online racing simulator
would it be better if motorbikes were added??
lets make the game more interesting by adding motorbikes
but only on unlocked s2 version

what do u think??
#4 - Lible
No, it wouldn't be better.

Oh, and I thought, that it would be cool, if motorbikes would be only avalaible on locked S2 versions

Sorry...
minibikes
Motorbikes are notoriously hard to simulate well, since their motions are as much a function of their chassis as the rider's own body. So in keeping with LFS levels of physics realism, this is unacceptable.

-10^99 from me.
How'd you say we control them? The key in riding a bike is leaning.
And countersteering - not something easily done at a desk.
it was just a thought..... ok it may be hard to control so what about go cart racing im sure that would be fun
Quote from justme :it was just a thought..... ok it may be hard to control so what about go cart racing im sure that would be fun

yes but than u'll have to chose again between, 100cc, 125cc, etc..
Rotax Max, Combi Kart, Tony Kart,
Shifter or not etc
Here's my issue with bikes on PC games. It's relatively easy to simulate driving a car with a computer - you're already sitting down like you are in a car, so just add a wheel and pedals

Compare that to riding a motorcycle - you're not just steering, braking and accelerating while sitting in a basically fixed position inside a vehicle, you're sitting on a vehicle and constantly shifting your centre of gravity in three dimensions in order to control it effectively. The rider is the one thing a bike can't do without. A car can just sit there, or roll down a hill, and not fall over. The relationship between a rider and his bike is too complex to be adequately simulated on a PC game imho.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it would be pointless unless Logitech or ACT Labs bring out a little bike-shaped thing that you can sit on and lean to and fro Then you'd just have to convince your partner/mum/flatmate that you're not a sad and completely hopeless nerd for buying something so ridiculous
I thought Scawen (was it him?) liked the idea of including those motorised two-wheel, high-siding deathtraps.. Could be wrong though, mind you. It would be nice to have them, provided it doesn't cost too much wrt cars, as they already exist.
how about we get something like the merc. F400 carver?

or how about a carver one?

@NAI; we do know that there is some calculation or setting in some file for a fork suspension, and scawen does own a motorcycle so.. who knows
Quote from XCNuse :how about we get something like the merc. F400 carver?

or how about a carver one?

@NAI; we do know that there is some calculation or setting in some file for a fork suspension, and scawen does own a motorcycle so.. who knows

+1 for a Carver One in LFS!
Unfortunately unless a satisfactory way to control motorbikes become available for PC sims, I say forget about motorbikes. As some of you here mentioned, this is only doable if logitech comes up with a motorbike platform to that allows all the usual movements a rider makes IRL. To do this economically is next to impossible.

Besides, even now LFS is still very much unfinished (it's still alpha after all) when it comes to simulating cars. Issues include lack of proper dynamic toe, lack of chassis flex, poor turbo modelling(severe spool up issues, can't believe RA takes 3 seconds to spool up), lack of proper engine and chassis damage, lack of rev limiters, etc. It does have the saving grace of fundamentally superior physics, but it's still an very unfinished piece of work.

The point is, if the above problems aren't solved, motorbikes aren't practically doable. Let's just perfect the current and (possibly) new cars first before engaging our developers in another fundamentally different vehicle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG