The online racing simulator
Who's In The Wrong?
(20 posts, started )
Who's In The Wrong?
Hey guys.

Don't worry, I'm getting S2 soon

Let me first say I am not a 100% noob, maybe 50% noob as I have only been playing for 2 months, my PB is 1:28:06 @ Blackwood. I just need to improve of my braking spots

But, tonight on a server I was racing @ Blackwood....

At the first corner I always gain 3-4-5 places, because of my hard, late braking and I just slip down the inside, 9 times out of 10 I don't cause an accident. Tonight I done this, without causing an accident, I went from 7th up to 3rd. While racing the first lap, I had a couple cars right behind me trying to put the pressure on etc. but I drive well under pressure, and managed to stay infront. Then the two cars behind me colided and one car spun off. That driver then said "If you f##king drover faster me and *drivers name* wouldn't of crashed" then tryed to disconnect me. I am a very civil driver, I said sorry and explained I have only been racing for two months, and my braking wasnt excellent. He then told me I should let teh faster racers pass. I then said that it was a battle for position, so there should be no need to "let" him past. If it was a blue flag situation, then I would let him pass, but it wasn't. On the track, its every man for himself, if he was so much faster, he should of bided his time and over taken on the straight, just after the chicane..where ever. You never see a slow car, that has qualified high let Alonso past in Formula one, do you?

Did I do right by holding my position, or should I have let him pass?

I have the replay if anyone wants to see it.

All views welcome - aslong as its helpful.
next time just ignore him; the person in front has the rights to own, the people in the back have to work for them

so nothing you did was wrong (even if he rammed you in the rear and he crashed, thats still not your problem)
Thanx for clearing this up.

Like I said I have only been racing for 2 months, I didnt know where I stood in this situation.

Thanx again for clearing it up
General, but not immutable, law - the guy behind is in fault.

You sound like a decent chap, we'd like to have you in the S2 Brigade.

I'm getting S2 as soon as pay day comes.

But, I'm not sure. Is there many amature kind of people in S2.

Or is it just the "best of the best"
well i mean, its like all things; theres always a bad egg somewhere in the batch, but its really not nearly as bad as demo (i haven't been on demo for a long time now, so i have no idea how bad it is now)

but ya, its well received (every now and then you'll come across a hard head)

usually be aware of the oval races, stereotypically they are the worst
yea, there really is a big difference in the way people act in the S2 servers as opposed to the Demo servers. You will still find idiots here and there, but the racing is(usually)a lot cleaner and people don't just try to kick you because they feel like it. I went into a demo server just for laughs the other day, cause i haven't been in one in years. And i just have to say that it is a complete joke.

As for your racing situation, if they were behind you, then it is their responsiblity to pay attention to what you are doing. If you are not getting a blue flag, there is no reason, whatsoever, to let the person behind you pass. If they are faster than you, they have to wait until they get a clean area to pass. You do not have to cater to them.

The actual rule is, that the person behind does not have any control over the racing line, unless their front bumper is past your door. There are many people that follow that on the servers. But, like anywhere else, there are some people that think they own the entire track, don't care about anyone else in their way and because of that, cause accidents. Those are the kind of people that get kicked
#8 - Smax
Quote from The General Lee :

I'm getting S2 as soon as pay day comes.

But, I'm not sure. Is there many amature kind of people in S2.

Or is it just the "best of the best"

There's a whole range of skill levels in S2. Some people are so fast you won't believe it's possible, and then there are those who don't seem to realise that they have to push a button to turn off the pit limiter [or perhaps they just like going slowly ]

Whatever, you'll find a race you can be competitive in.

As has already been said, if you're in front and the guy in behind crashes into you and ends up in the gravel as a result then nine times out of ten it's his fault even if you were taking a corner much slower than he could
Thanx guys.

I understand there are less noobs on S2 due to people having registered usernames, unlike Demo, where its anon

The only thing I'm worried about is..

For the past two months I have been perfecting Blackwood, I am still 5 secs off the possible time. I just dont want to be going off at every corner on the new track ruining peoples races, but I spose I could always go on single player to perfect it

I will be S2 within a matter of days
nah, just find like a drift server or something; they'll usually let you just run around the tracks

but really, the tracks are all visible, there aren't any blind turns, and (well, not sure about you) but i memorized them fairly quickly i guess, it only takes about 3 or 4 laps to understand the track, then just a few more to get the braking points down, then well.. always perfection, but trust me.. you wont be doing perfection like i've seen some demo people do lol (like.. trying to master the track, there are just to many its pretty much impossible to be near perfect times at any track)

I think the main reason it has taken me 2months to perfect it (even though I think it was 2-3weeks to perfect it and the rest just improving.) is because I also had to adjust to the game/car.

I think I should get on OK with it.

Can't wait to get S2 now!
Don't sweat the jerks trying to blame you for their crash. Even if they are faster, "faster" is not equal to "better racer."
If someone expects you to pull over and let them pass because they're faster, they obviously have no idea about the concept of racing. The most fun part is overtaking. If they can't overtake, maybe racing isn't for them .

As dumpy said, faster doesn't mean better. I'd rather be slower and in control than faster and in the wall.

Anyways, look forward to seeing you on the track
Just curious, do you drive with a DF(P) or a pad?
I was in a situation last week on Redline Racing server FOX at Blackwood where I spectated until the race start to force myself starting last. Those others in the back were so slow in the corners it was ridiculous. They would surprise me ever corner with how slow they were going and using brakes where it was not needed or more brake than needed. Did I run into them and crash them? No. Did I yell and scream at them to get out of my way? No. I tried and tried to get around them every corner but just couldn't. Seemed like they were all setup in gearing for incredible accelleration, but no speed or cornering so they would smoke me out of the corners and I couldn't get close to them on exit. I think I finished every race last barring the ones who crashed that I went by.

Point is, I was a 5-8 second faster racer than they were, but it wasn't my "right" to be allowed to go by them. I had to race to get by them which I wasn't able to do because of the drastic car setups.

I desperately wanted to get by them to let the 2 front runners pull me to faster times, but just couldn't do it. I settled for finishing last. Being faster doesn't give you ANY rights on the track to those in positions ahead of you. If that were the case, then racing may as well turn into time trials.
UPDATE:

I hate demo racers! illepall

No offence to genuine demo racers, who love a clean race and have a genuine reason for being S2-less.

Tonight, I was racing @ Blackwood, I was hitting out 1:28/1:27 lap times, and some guy was like, your the worst driver I have seen...learn to drive before playing online. He then insisted I should move over because he was faster, and he then flamed more for blocking him when he wanted to over-take? There was no contact, i wasnt ramming him or forcing him to crash etc. Like someone said, the joy (and whole general point) is overtaking, using your wits over the driver in front, etc.

Why are 60% of demo-racers fully unaware of the ethics of racing? This has really got my goat up, and I hope it isnt like this in S2 - As I know there is proper servers, that are policed by admins

I was then banned?!

I cant wait till pay day
Boy, am I glad I left the demo servers!

The best way to learn is online, and if they dont like how fast or slow you drive, tell them to go cram it with walnuts. I am usually the slowest on a race server and I have yet to have anyone in S2 tell me to get out of the way, or that im too slow, etc.

Just a better bunch of people in S2, I think, then demo driver "lifers" who think of themselves as big fish in a very small Blackwood pond. Whoopee, they are fast on one track. Get them on Aston Cadet reverse with the LX's and see how fast they are.
Quote from The General Lee :
Why are 60% of demo-racers fully unaware of the ethics of racing? This has really got my goat up, and I hope it isnt like this in S2 - As I know there is proper servers, that are policed by admins

'cos when ppl pay for game and probably for wheel they will take some effort in learning flags, rules, ethics etc. like difference between fighting for position and closing room.
Once you are on a S2 server you will notice a big difference. There are some begginer servers you can go on where the racing isnt to serious and if you spin someopne nobody really cares. And if you go on a server that is full of unbelievably fast people you can spectate them for a lap or 2 and see all the braking points and work oyur way closer and closer to those points.

Speed isnt everything. On the Redline Racing server at blackwood I tend to drive slowly for the first lap (not To slow) and pass everyone who crashes. With a full server starting last you can make up 5-15 places by crashes alone. And the Redline Racing guys tent to be really helpful if you are struggling as well.
#20 - axus
In general, demo servers are much worse in terms of racer atitude. S2 drivers are mostly clean, however not all of them are fast so a lot of the time you'll still be hard-pressed to get a great race on a combo yo feel like racing. My advice - once you get S2, learn the tracks and cars and get into a league. Organised racing is awesome.

And just a heads up for learning more content - the more you've raced, the easier the new stuff comes. Most relatively fast racers out there will get within benchmark (103% of a WR) of any new combo within 10-15 laps. Getting any more out of the car takes time but I find it possible to get within 1s of most WR's in 3-6hours of driving and I'm no alien.

Who's In The Wrong?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG