The online racing simulator
MS Flight Simulator 2004
(41 posts, started )
MS Flight Simulator 2004
Hi, I've got FS2004 but when i click multiplayer and then press search nothing appears and it doesn't seem to be searching at all, do you need to know the IP address of the game to join, i thought there would be servers open to join. with people in them
u need to go to MSN gaming zone then it works
i does it with FS2002
Do you have joystick , whitey? i mean, is possible to play this game without joystick?
#5 - Lible
Well, I do w/o joystick. You have to play a year with cessnas tough, to practise flying with keyboard. I can land Boeing's pretty good by now.
#6 - P1lot
I understand that MSN Zone has stopped.
Try VATSIM or FShost
Out of intrest, wouldn't it be possable to play FS04, or any flight sim for that matter, with a wheel? using peddles for pitch and such.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Out of intrest, wouldn't it be possable to play FS04, or any flight sim for that matter, with a wheel? using peddles for pitch and such.

yes, its possible, i did a while back when i got my first wheel for my computer just to play CFS against my dad, although it sucks... its weird flying a plane with a wheel and pedals, what i did is obviously steering left and right was the ailerons, and i had gas for elevator up and brake for elevator down so it takes just a while to get used to it, but its really not worth it after a while, it gets to hard to keep stable
thats how i played x-wing alliance, took a while to get used to but it worked quite well.
no i've got me a joystick for fs2004 as well, think i should get x.wing alliance out to play it properly once more.
I've heard FS2004 won't allow the use of the mouse as a controller. Is this true? Seems really dumb that they'd allow keyboard use but no mouse. Mouse is way more like a joystick than these keys.
i dont doubt it, it seems kind of odd to fly a plane with a mouse .. so, yea im pretty sure that that is true (that you cant use a mouse)

not 100% sure though
because i do remember using my mouse to fly once before.. i think, not sure..
I know you can with FS98, to activate mouse control you have to right click then tick it, as you use the mouse to play around with controls in the cockpit too.
I know this is kind of random to bring up this topic, I just wanted to share an overnight experience with you guys. So last night I somewhat got into flying (well past few days, but last night specifically), and took off from the airport that my dad's Cessna 310R is located at Glimer Meml (KGVL), and flew to a close by airport called "B Tree Farms" which is about 9 miles east northeast. I then did a stop and go and headed about 5 degrees northbound. About 10 or so minutes later I came across the airport in Dahlonega 20 miles away, and by that time I set up the autopilot and all and went to sleep.

Nine hours later after waking up I couldn't wait to see where I was, I was hoping for heck I dont know, I was only going about 140 knots, well I landed up over the Canadian Sea, comming up to Southampton Island, and crossed it as I tried to figure out where I was on the cheap FS9 GPS. Just for good measure, I flew just under 2,000 miles, I have no clue when it ran out of gas, but when I woke up, 9 hours later.. of course the tanks were empty.
Looked like good weather up in Canada where I was heh, to bad I didn't get to see what all the plane went through, owell.

If anyone else has some stories do share!
Since you are posting about FS9/X, I'll post a link. www.wspilots.com. Really cool servers, though US based users. They upload a hoplist monthly and we tour different areas. We run airport to airport. Not long ago during a month or 2 break from LFS, I toured the entire coast of Australia. The best tour flight I did was Washington state, US. I flew the P-51D Mustang and carved through the mountains of Washington state. The Hawaii tour I did was real nice too. The current tour running is from the south pole to the north pole. 2nd flight of that one was rough at a 1200 mile flight. Not too bad though in an F-18E at 1300 kias (knots indicated air speed) at 55,000 feet.

My story is the first time I landed a heavy (Boeing 777, default). I had no idea how to use the ILS, so I just winged it (no pun intended). I ended up sighting the runway below me at about 10,000 feet. I threw the 777 into a dive (much to the delight of my passengers, LOL). I made it to the runway, pulled up hard and actually landed. Problem was I landed at about 600 knots, so I had to pull hard on the brakes. The tail came out and I slid broadside down the runway. I made it stopped by the end of the runway fishtailing the entire time trying to stop. "She get's a little loose, but flies nice" I commented.

I'm also on flight 25 of a 1200 stop flight around the world. Been doing that for 2 years. I'd be further than that on my world tour, but LFS always gets me back.

EDIT: XCNuse, wow, I thought this was a thread you just started. Didn't notice the old posts above, LOL. It was an old question, but you can fly using a wheel and pedals. You set the pedals up as the rudder, since you control the rudder in a real plane with pedals. The majority of flight simmers us a wheel/rudder pedal controller, only the flight sim controller's wheel moves in and out for the elevator. If you use a Momo/DFP/whatever racing controller, you are just 2/3's there for a flight controller.
My dad has some buddies he flys with every few nights, unfortunately I think they are flying in FSX and since my computer doesn't have a DVD drive I have no way of installing it.
Can you join FSX servers with FS9?

Other night my dad was flying around the border of Italy, and the flight before I dont know where they were going, but they did a stop and go at some airport near the dead sea (which I made my dad fly down to see how correct FSX was, and it turned out it was a good 1,300 ft. below sea level), but the greatest part was the airport they stop and goed at was experiencing a sand storm.

Funny/sad thing is.. it was all realtime and realtime weather lol!
I don't know how servers are configured for FS. I do know that I fly FS9 and those I fly with fly FSX. But have no idea if all servers are fully compatible or not. I think you can fly FS8 (2000) with both FS9 and FSX as well.

Where does your dad fly? Or does he fly offline?

Oh yea, and I converted one flight simmer from WSPilots over to LFS. He sold all his flight gear. Another you have seen, XCNuse. Vortex_4. He flops back and forth between LFS and FS. Then I got 3 others to buy a license, but they haven't raced in a really long time.
He has some group he flies with every Sunday evenings (and sometimes every other night). Not sure if they have a name or not, I just know they fly long distances when they do fly.

Now I just need to figure out how to do ILS lineups and all that fun stuff, usually when I fly its just a glider or something like a Long Ez just to go sight seeing, when my dad flies, once in the air he turns the autopilot on.
I just ordered FSX so I'm looking forward to getting back into the habit of landing 747s in driving rain at night and all that fun stuff. Had to abandon FS2004 as I didn't have a good enough PC and when I built my new one I wanted to wait for FSX.

As someone who takes flying lessons when money allows, FS is not only a good teacher but also bloody good fun and can give some great experiences.

Just my short story... lol I recommend www.simviation.com to any Flightsimmers, great forums.
I tried 43 times to register with simviation. I could never get activated.
I did a long long time ago back when I played all the time, but I dont remember any of my info.

@Tijay, oh yea, thats the thing about it, FS2004 the whole real thing, people are taking it literally as .. okay so I can do this in the real world without having problems, for example doing a loop in a 747.. not very safe IRL. While Xplane has so called realistic physics, it didn't have teaching in mind when it was being produced, yes it has drafts and stuff, but how many times would you actually get into a draft of another aircraft? Probably not many if ever, and if you were to go through one and survive, then consider yourself lucky.
Quote :oh yea, thats the thing about it, FS2004 the whole real thing, people are taking it literally as .. okay so I can do this in the real world without having problems, for example doing a loop in a 747.. not very safe IRL. While Xplane has so called realistic physics, it didn't have teaching in mind when it was being produced, yes it has drafts and stuff, but how many times would you actually get into a draft of another aircraft? Probably not many if ever, and if you were to go through one and survive, then consider yourself lucky.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't suggesting it was teaching me to fly a 747 or be able to do ridiculous things in one in any way- I know that a lot of stuff you can do in FS isn't feasible IRL, and I know that FS is basically the rFactor of flight sims. What my point was is for learning the basics of normal light aircraft flight, it's quite useful. Still, you made a good point that a lot of FS fanboys should take notice of.
If you want to play FS online, try Vatsim (mainly US) or IVAO (mainly Europe). These are a series of connected servers manned by real prople providing air traffic control and lets you fly in an environment as close to real-life flying as you can get on a PC.

http://www.vatsim.net/
http://www.ivao.org/hq/
I am currently flying at the moment at www.wspilots.com. Just thought I'd toss that on here
I have no clue how to join servers with FS9, I can't think of a time I've ever played online before.

MS Flight Simulator 2004
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG