The online racing simulator
Pitting from the Pit Garage
(20 posts, started )
I often race a FZR on Aston National as there always seems to be at least one full server and some great races. Normally the race is 10 laps with a pit stop.

When I first started, pitting on the last lap was a problem but that has been stopped as it now carries a 30 second penalty. I use enough fuel for the whole race and the minimum top up so pit stops are as fast as possible. If I have not been side swiped at T1, I can make a pitstop with little loss of time. If i have been hit several times it will take longer as all the damage is repaired.

Now I am not fast, my best is 1.42:03 but there are loads of drivers much faster than that. I suddenly found that drivers in the 1.45’s are beating me and could not understand how. I would be in front of them and then when I pit they are suddenly in front yet they are slower.

As there is no way you can tell if someone has done their pit stop while in the race (Not that I am aware) I always expect they will need to pit and I should be in front again but low and behold they don’t, yet the finish the results say they pitted.

Watching a replay shows that at the start they pit from the line using Shift+S then move forward from the garage to a pit box which says they have pitted and then go out onto the circuit. Pitting like this means no damage plus they have missed all the fun at T1 on a clear track. They don’t need to catch or pass anyone but just wait until the other cars pit.

Even some of the super fast drivers are doing this.

Who agrees that this action should also get an automatic 30 second penalty or a pit before the end of the first lap not be counted as a pit at all.

Maybe we need a pit window to make it real interesting.
It should not count as a pit stop, sadly it does.
#3 - filur
How about pitstops being disabled until the car has passed atleast one split "checkpoint" after leaving the garage.
#4 - VoiD
+1

Normaly I only pit "out of garage" when I was taken out of race by other drivers in T1/lap1 or when i join midrace.

But I agree, this has to be solved!

Maybe this thread would fit better in improvement suggestions..?
There's a 30 second penalty for last lap pitting now? When did that happen?
I did once a pitstop in Lap 10, and it was the last time since i got that 30 sek. penalty. Its a matter of fact that ppl are doing everything possible to get first over the finish line. I guess this will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
#7 - VoiD
Quote from SabersKunk :There's a 30 second penalty for last lap pitting now? When did that happen?

Changelog DEDICATED HOST U19:
FIX : Mandatory pit stop is now not allowed to be on final lap
Quote from VoiD :+1

Normaly I only pit "out of garage" when I was taken out of race by other drivers in T1/lap1 or when i join midrace.

But I agree, this has to be solved!

Maybe this thread would fit better in improvement suggestions..?

With your lap times, perhaps you should do an extra lap anyway (Joke)
Quote from VoiD :Changelog DEDICATED HOST U19:
FIX : Mandatory pit stop is now not allowed to be on final lap

Thanks Void
#10 - ste_
Quote from birder :Watching a replay shows that at the start they pit from the line using Shift+S then move forward from the garage to a pit box which says they have pitted and then go out onto the circuit. Pitting like this means no damage plus they have missed all the fun at T1 on a clear track. They don’t need to catch or pass anyone but just wait until the other cars pit.

OMG some drivers are really doing this? Sad bastards. I guess some people will do anything to win..
Quote from ste_ :OMG some drivers are really doing this? Sad bastards. I guess some people will do anything to win..

Wouldn't turning off mid race join help ?
Nope, as you can shift-s and rejoin despite mid-race being off. I think the pistop shouldn't be allowed until the leader is on his second lap, and disallowed again when the leader is on his last lap. Simple, huh?
You should have to enter the pits from the track for your pit stop to count.
#14 - VoiD

pitstop shouldn't be allowed until the specific car/driver gets his/her first splittime after leaving the garage.
I tried this the other night, I "won" by like 7 seconds but stopped before the finish line, I was oonly testing the XRG against the XFG, turns out it was poop.

Please don't hang me up and stone me, it was my 1st offence and shall never happen again. :rolleyes:
Quote :
You should have to enter the pits from the track for your pit stop to count.

technically they are. or are you talking about the entire pit lane?
Why not just disqualify anyone that shift-s's? So they can shift-s whenever they like but never be able to win a race. Seems fair to me seeing as shift-s is a convenience feature of lfs. If you've messed up somehow and need to shift-s, in real life you'd be out of the race.
Quote from birder :Who agrees that this action should also get an automatic 30 second penalty or a pit before the end of the first lap not be counted as a pit at all.

I do. That's totally lame.
Quote from VoiD :
pitstop shouldn't be allowed until the specific car/driver gets his/her first splittime after leaving the garage.

wörd
Hope this thread hasn't educated too many people and we no see an increase in this happening

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG