The online racing simulator
#1 - steve
Adjustable free moving camera for DUAL monitors.
Is it possible to have a free moving in and direction camera for the custom view? I have 2 monitors and would love to play LFS with both of them, but the way the custom cameras are now I cannot get a good driving view, id like to be able to have the left side on my left monitor but have the steering wheel wight in the middle of the monitor where it should be, but yet have the other side of the car on the right monitor. The way it is now, the steering wheel is centered between the 2 monitors and Ive got a nasty black bar in the way. If I move the the camera to the steering wheel is on the left monitor the way it is now, it doesnt look right and is all crooked.

heres a video of what im talking about, and a photo of the crooked view from what I was trying to explain.. thanks

Click here to see Video
#2 - steve
I think I worded that wrong, I ment something like a drivers view either on monitor 1 or either monitor 2

Nice rig :up: Wish I had your problems
#4 - steve
Quote from Hankstar :Nice rig :up: Wish I had your problems

thanks, its not really a problem, just a question to see if this is possible, id love to race with the dual monitors but without the black line
#5 - steve
bump, would really make the game more enjoyable for those of us that run dual monitors
hi steve,
i have similar problem with the black line in the middle.
in custom view it is possible to change the offset to adjust this problem. but o i wondered, whether there is an possiblity of changing the point of view so that the steering wheel is on the left screen not in the middle of both screens.
perhaps anything similar would come in future versions. :bowdown:
the other alternative is three displays and matrox triplehead2go
very expensive
greetz
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
#7 - steve
hi see how it looks off to the right though? lol I cant drive like that.
i totally agree. i cant drive that way too. its very confusing because theres no proper visible vanishing point. but it was a try worth
Wish I had the same problems might do this sometime !

BTW, make another video, make me buy a second TFT too
i have been thinking, what about somehow having one screen to view the road, and another screen to display all the data, peoples lap times, tyre wear, chat text etc etc

the best way i had mine setup with 2 screens was with no draw, and one monitor i adjusted the settings to make it closer to the other, that means the vanishing point is behind the black bar, which lets you hit the apex`s properly, there are times that i have hit things that were "hidden" by the black bar though!!
buy 2 fresnels
You guys are bitching with these like 1" lines, I have 2 CRT's, so my gap is like 4" and I have minor issues, but those are overcame quickly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG