The online racing simulator
Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
Blackwood 2.0
BLACKWOOD 2.0c
By Electrik Kar

High-res texture replacement pack for Blackwood.

LATEST UPDATE: (27/02/07) Blackwood 2.0c

(30 mb - Full update)

* New high-res pit graphics
* New road textures ( + closer to original colours )
* Steel barrier textures, front and back
* Concrete wall texture
* Rally track/curbs from earlier updates included and improved
* Grass/gravel textures improved and sharpened
* Sharpening/small improvements to many textures
* Slight weathering and details on sign/ad textures

...?

EXTRA:

+ Evening sky for Blackwood
Attached images
bwc2.jpg
bwc3.jpg
bwc1.jpg
bwc4.jpg
#2 - Jakg
rapidshare URL is wrong...
Great job. Are those skies Don's too? Or just default.

Got another track planned for texturing ?
I would love it, if someone would (finally) make a normal edge, around the tarmac. Between the tarmac and the grass. Now you see the poly's too obvious. But, apart from that it looks great.
Quote from Darkone55 :I would love it, if someone would (finally) make a normal edge, around the tarmac. Between the tarmac and the grass. Now you see the poly's too obvious. But, apart from that it looks great.

Was just about to mention that too. They need to blend better, but still at least show a minor line so you know where the edge is so you don't get your tires dirty. Even if the grass line doesn't always touch the tarmac (it touches curbs too), it would look fine it it had a blending effect with tarmac. Better than a solid line.....
#6 - Don
Quote from Tweaker :Great job. Are those skies Don's too? Or just default.

the blackwood sunny sky is mine, but he is using the one i did for south city. the evening one isnt mine and i dont even think its eric`s. tbh that one looks very unreal and computerish
Quote from Tweaker :Was just about to mention that too. They need to blend better, but still at least show a minor line so you know where the edge is so you don't get your tires dirty. Even if the grass line doesn't always touch the tarmac (it touches curbs too), it would look fine it it had a blending effect with tarmac. Better than a solid line.....

Hi Tweaker,
you should know probably better that the nice blending is almost impossible with the texture mapping which Eric used.If there would be another texture mapped between the grass and track then I would made it already.

I have talked with Electrik Kar and we are both thinking about re-texturing the other tracks as well but you know this is very time consuming without some DEVs tool.It takes really a loot of time to make multiple texture versions and then put them in LFS folder and load the track again and again.He is now S2 linced too finally.

I am plannnig to start again working on other textures but after my vacation which are in the 2nd half of the August.

Hope you enjoyed our work.
commendable effort,

results.

selfcensor v1.0, the lazy mod best friend.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :commendable effort,

results.
selfcensor v1.0, the lazy mod best friend.

censored my self /sarcasm end.
those screenshots look nice, and ill download it when i work out how much of my download limit iv used already this month. (my dad will kill me if i go over).

any idea whats next? mibi do a poll or some thing.
i think its really good how some people spend time doing stuff like this for no benefit for themselves. keep up goodwork it is apprecieted.
Quote :Great job. Are those skies Don's too? Or just default.

Clear sky is from Don. I recommend it as good sky for Blackwood. The evening sky is from me. Don also has another good cloudy sky for Blackwood. I'll make links for these...

Quote :tbh that one looks very unreal and computerish

Fair comment. It's not a photo. It's actually a montage of a couple of different rendered skies taken from a free site offering hemispherical sky maps. I worked on this map a lot, adding in a sunset, adding/taking away clouds and trying to match the lighting with the game. I think it looks ok, but if you have any high-res sunset skies I'd like to know about it

Blackwood Extras...

+ Evening sky for Blackwood (Electrik Kar)

http://rapidshare.de/files/21816000/Sky_sunset4.raw.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SD2R31RX (zipped, 4mb)

+ Don's clear and cloudy skies (recommended)

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8852 (good clear skies)
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=245 (good cloudy sky)
For me the apshalt looks too "new" or something. It just too polished and everything.

Nice work still

(or it is just me who want more rugged and used like tarmac...)

EDIT: brings rfactor to my mind (sorry)
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa : scared of noobs
#13 - Don
Quote from Electrik Kar :Fair comment. It's not a photo. It's actually a montage of a couple of different rendered skies taken from a free site offering hemispherical sky maps. I worked on this map a lot, adding in a sunset, adding/taking away clouds and trying to match the lighting with the game. I think it looks ok, but if you have any high-res sunset skies I'd like to know about it

dont have any, sunsets are too boring here, so i havent even tried to make the texture of it.
Quote :Even if the grass line doesn't always touch the tarmac (it touches curbs too), it would look fine it it had a blending effect with tarmac. Better than a solid line.....

It's there, but it's subtle. I think if it were any more pronounced there might be trouble on other parts of the track- since the track is dark, this effect would stick out in places where it shouldn't really be showing. Another example; I also wanted to have the gravel texture blending in better with the tarmac, but sometimes the gravel is mapped in places where there is no adjacent tarmac, hence would look weird with dark edges mapped next to grass for instance. There are a lot of compromises to be made here... sorry.
I like the curbs alot.. But the rest I'm not over keen on. Not sure why really, looks a little clean I guess.

Great effort though, retexturing a track and making it look good is definately not easy. Keep up the good work
Please check download links, link to texture mod is identical with link to evening sky
Quote from Hyperactive :For me the apshalt looks too "new" or something. It just too polished and everything.

I agree that most of the texture updates I've seen look newer than the original LFS textures. It makes every edited track look like freshly laid asphalt. It's like running at a brand new track, not an old, worn, well loved one.

However; I think these guys have done a great job here. Especially when you consider the strange mapping and the limitations of the current tracks. I'll take a slightly-too-new high res track over a more weathered low res track any day. Excellent work, boys!
Quote :Please check download links, link to texture mod is identical with link to evening sky

edit:- fixed.
#20 - joen
Great job I especially like the curbs and sandtrap. The track does look very new but I don't mind really. I had a go at BL once, failed miserably, it is hard to get right. Anyway, now you're S2 licensed I'm looking forward to see you taking on other tracks
great Job Electrik, looks very cool. change the link in the first post plz. Krautracing don´t host them the lfs database host the file ;-)
Great job! Now blackwood actually looks different from the rest of the tracks.
Sorry for my noob question , But where do i paste the file to ?
Quote from lllAE86lll :Sorry for my noob question , But where do i paste the file to ?

Everything goes over the original .dds files in your LFS/data/dds folder. When prompted, choose yes to overwrite the existing files. But back up your .dds folder before doing that, if you want your old files back sometime.

Blackwood 2.0
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG