The online racing simulator
#1 - Veiti
LFS Display - another tiny outgauge tool
Hi,

here's a tiny outgauge tool called LFS Display. I hope you like it. Please read readme.txt/Liesmich.txt before using!

Hotfix:
* I just forgot to disable screensaver at start if option is set. :banghead: Fixed.

Changes in Version 1E2:
* fixed some issues in editing hotkey
* included menu item for preventing screensaver
* small performance optimizations

Ciao
Veit
Attached images
LFSD.jpg
LFSD3.jpg
Attached files
LFSD.rar - 379.4 KB - 1277 views

I like that tool.
#3 - Lible
Pretty cool, I would like to use it, but it uses that DAMN FONT. Users can't install fonts...
id like it if you could make it run with full screen... is that possible?
Source code please! I already know how to connect too Outguage, I just suck at any kind of GUI.
Quote from Xaid0n :id like it if you could make it run with full screen... is that possible?

He´s working on it.
But it´s not that easy to handle with directx
Quote from Sven Menkhoff :He´s working on it.
But it´s not that easy to handle with directx

I don't know that much about GUIs and whatnot, but isnt there a windows setting which lets a window be "on top", or would that not work because LFS is also set as "on top"?
Quote from Veiti :Hi,

here's a tiny outgauge tool called LFS Display. I hope you like it. Please read readme.txt/Liesmich.txt before using!

Ciao
Veit

Thanks for that, looks like a valuable tool, now after installing, following all the info in the .txt file I get the gui up I make LFS run in a window so I can see the display make sure its set to run lfs automatically etc but no output to the dispaly from LFS. The ini file seems correct

[Lights]
Hotkey=4
Always on=1
[Behavior of rpm leds]
Type=1
[LFS]
Complete path to lfs.exe=C:\LFS\LFS.exe
Insim port=61000
Ends with LFSD=1
Load LFS at start=1
[Language]
Language=1

What am I doing wrong?

ShannonN
Insim isn't talking to the app, you may have an insim password or something. Also if you are using this with LFS Companion you need to turn autolaunch in the LFS DIsplay config file to off, and then setup port 60001 on both insim and outguage relays with a refresh frequency of 2.
Quote :What am I doing wrong?

Have you made a right click on "LFS Display" to click on "Start connection to LFS" as mentioned in the Readme.txt? If so maybe you have set an admin password in LFS or there's another insim tool running?

Ciao
Veit
Quote from Veiti :Have you made a right click on "LFS Display" to click on "Start connection to LFS" as mentioned in the Readme.txt? If so maybe you have set an admin password in LFS or there's another insim tool running?

Ciao
Veit

Thanks guys
I have done the right click to start connection OK
I have no other Insim tool running and have never placed an admin Pwd on LFS ARRRGH!
#12 - Jakg
what about outgauge?
Quote from ShannonN :Thanks guys
I have done the right click to start connection OK
I have no other Insim tool running and have never placed an admin Pwd on LFS ARRRGH!

Hi,

in LFS please go to Multiplayer -> Create new game . Then you'll see a screen, which is similar to the one I have posted here. If there are passwords in the mask, please remove them.

Ciao
Veit
Attached images
PW.jpg
Quote from Becky Rose :Insim isn't talking to the app, you may have an insim password or something. Also if you are using this with LFS Companion you need to turn autolaunch in the LFS DIsplay config file to off, and then setup port 60001 on both insim and outguage relays with a refresh frequency of 2.

You mean ports 61000? and I cannot enter numbers via the numpad in LFS Companion, have to use main kbd numbers/
Sorry, it's port 61000 for insim and port 61001 for outguage (i'm at work so cant test, but thinks thats right). Basically LFS Display is expecting outguage data on the insim return port but LFS Companion stops this from automatically being set up.
Quote from Becky Rose :Sorry, it's port 61000 for insim and port 61001 for outguage (i'm at work so cant test, but thinks thats right). Basically LFS Display is expecting outguage data on the insim return port but LFS Companion stops this from automatically being set up.

Becky, thx for that hint! With these settings it is possible to run both LFS Companion and LFS Display, but unfortunately LFS Display does not receive any race progress data. But at least you'll see all the other information (rpm, speed, fuel and so on). I am sure that Becky is working on a solution for that issue.

If you like to see all the information LFS Display provides (take a look at screenshot in 1st posting), you have to run it without LFS Companion. Otherwise just follow Beckys instructions.

Ciao
Veit
Like i said before, i have some issues on using LFS-Display on Companion.
I don´t know why it connects sometimes, and other times not.
As soon as i know why and when this happens, i´ll post it.
Quote from Becky Rose :Sorry, it's port 61000 for insim and port 61001 for outguage (i'm at work so cant test, but thinks thats right). Basically LFS Display is expecting outguage data on the insim return port but LFS Companion stops this from automatically being set up.

Thanks Becky
Changing the settings to suit these ports has enabled me to get it running at last! Both apps are a great example of the talent and sharing nature of the LFS community, now where do we send the cheque again?
will we ever get one for different resolutions? say.. 1024x?
Quote from XCNuse :will we ever get one for different resolutions? say.. 1024x?

..yup, this is on my to do list.

BTW, there is a small update of LFS Display. New version can be downloaded at posting #1 of this thread. Changes:
  • fixed some issues in editing hotkey
  • included menu item for preventing screensaver
  • small performance optimizations
Ciao
Veit
I have here a HAMI 8" TFT for my Racingcockpit to use it for this Tools. Give it a way to show the Tool on a second TFT in a 800x600 Resolution?
Hey Veiti, this looks very good!!!

I have a feature request, though. I would like to run this in an other computer! I have a laptop and a subnotebook that could be placed below my main desktop monitor.

Now, I believe that LFSD needs to know the location of LFS.exe only for its integration feature, such as starting and quitting LFS.exe together with itself, right?

So I think that making this location optional would enable some people (like me) experiment with running this on a different host.

Otherwise, any tip on making LFSD run as much "standalone" as possible would be appreciated.

Of course, my other feature request would be, make the thing fullscreen, and fill the screen with those dials and gadgets.

Cheers,
Avel
Actually what stops it from being able to remote to LFS is that it searches only on 127.0.0.1 for the insim port. You can bypass the LFS.exe seeking by adding in your LFSD.INI:

Ends with LFSD=0
Load LFS at start=0

In order for it to work from a remote host though there has to be a way to set which IP's insim port to connect to.
This looks great! I've been keeping an eye out for something like this, but from looking at the pictures it exceeds anything I could of thought of. Can't wait to try it when I get home.

But, I was planing on running it on my second monitor, and that only has 1024 pixel width

Great work

LFS Display - another tiny outgauge tool
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG