The online racing simulator
Aspirations
(48 posts, started )
#1 - LawVS
LawVS presents: Aspirations
Have you ever dreamt of being a racing driver?

The struggles you shall endure, the enemies you shall make, the power you shall experience, the glory you shall receive...

Follow the racing game we all know and love, this is a Krani inspired video following his simple, yet elegant visual style with my own interpretations thrown in.

D/L: DOWNLOAD HERE
S/T: STREAM HERE

Music:
Howard Shore - A Knife in the Dark
Muse - Map of the Problematiqué
Jakatta - American Dream

Special thanks to:
SimFIA
Kraniwani
Team Syncro Racing
All the drivers in this video.

EDIT: Streamed Version now available!
#2 - joen
That is just frecking awesome, I love it!
Really energetic, the music is great (I love Muse) and it goes really well with the video.
I was just about to turn to bed, but I had to see this one first because your movies are always special
Instant favourite
#3 - Jakg
/me loves muse, but rapidshare never works for me hoping for a youtube version soon
Same - on my way to bed, but had to watch it. Very good. A couple of bits that spoilt it (dodgy car contact physics), but flowed well and suited the music overall.

Looking forward to the next one already
#5 - Jakg
nope, rapidshare doesnt like me #sobs'
Great video as always mr law. Few cameras I didn't like personally but overall I enjoyed it.

MUUUUSEEE

Edit : Jakq, check PM
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Ryanry64 :Great video as always mr law. Few cameras I didn't like personally but overall I enjoyed it.

MUUUUSEEE

Edit : Jakq, check PM

Woo! thank you! downloading now!
#8 - Jakg
just watched it after Munko bought me a rapidshare subsciption (woo! thank you!!!), easily the best LFS movie ive ever seen, ther only bit i didnt like was the F1 car flipping, apart from that amazing, only next time, make it longer, make it in the next month and put it on rapidshare!
Once again, very nice video. Almost makes me remember when I was 3 and just got into vehicles/motorcycles and sat in my dads van, doing reving sounds and shifting motions... (but that is another story for another day, dont want to throw your thread off-topic).
Nice video... im partial to it because i was in the Sim FIA F1 race (the williams car hitting his own teammate LOL!)
WOW! Yes, exceptional video law!! Thanks for that ... and i really love MUSE as well!!! It's pretty kool seeing yourself in a video like that!! Thanks dude...superb work

*BTW* Not that anyone cares, in the F1 Bit, I'm the Honda Driver with my personal bright yellow helmet!! My real life helmet as well, inspired by Senna a bit and all the important bits in my life are reflected.
#12 - Vain
What codec is it?

Vain
Very nice. The codec is Windows Media Video. (WMV)
#14 - Vain
No, it's not normal wmv.

If it was I could view it without major errors.
Lots of damaged headers, invalid picture types and so forth. My codecs are all up to date, latest version of win32codecs and latest stable release of xine-lib. Xine-lib might be picky about some wmv-standard violation of the compiling application...
Trying to pin down the problem... Does ffmpeg ring a bell to the author?

Vain
Goodie, goodie
I like this movie very much

Choice of music + good editing have made it awesome, the feel of spped and action is what it supposed to be

9/10 from me
Quote from Vain :No, it's not normal wmv.

If it was I could view it without major errors.
Lots of damaged headers, invalid picture types and so forth. My codecs are all up to date, latest version of win32codecs and latest stable release of xine-lib. Xine-lib might be picky about some wmv-standard violation of the compiling application...
Trying to pin down the problem... Does ffmpeg ring a bell to the author?

Vain

It's Windows Media MPEG-4 Video V3. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the comments guys! Keep them comin'!
Woho! Wonderful movie, very nice and fun to watch!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! this movie is like a life of a racer and my favortive part was the F1 race Forget that every part is my favortive part

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember that race, I was on the headset with wedge. his first podium if memory serves properly
Wow, loved it. Can´t wait to see your next masterpiece.

The only thing was those unrealistic crashes, especially that South City MRT one. Other than that, brilliant.
Very, very nice movie! Love the use of the new camera roll, it really adds a different feel to the movie. Excellent stuff!!

LawVS - I saw your Blackwood Track Guide movie on your teams' website - again really informative. Have you added this to the Educational Movie's thread?
Quote from Zero7 :Very, very nice movie! Love the use of the new camera roll, it really adds a different feel to the movie. Excellent stuff!!

LawVS - I saw your Blackwood Track Guide movie on your teams' website - again really informative. Have you added this to the Educational Movie's thread?

There's also a Kyoto one around these here forums.

Here infact. http://rapidshare.de/files/221 ... _KYNattrackguide.zip.html

Starring moí
Law, in the F1 race scene, you did some camera tilting when the Williams were shown, is that with the new patch? It looks really good, almost like GT4 style cameras.
It was a feature of one of the more recent test patches I believe
Quote from Tweaker :Law, in the F1 race scene, you did some camera tilting when the Williams were shown, is that with the new patch? It looks really good, almost like GT4 style cameras.

Yep, it's with the U18 patch. Such a useful tool!

Aspirations
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG