The online racing simulator
What's up with the community? Are we Bored?
Hi All
We all have noticed in the last month there have been so many useless threads, flame wars, noob/demo bashing happening.

The community is turning on itself, it seems every demo player must be a cracker to some, every noob that asks a question that was asked once 3 yrs ago gets told they shouldv'e used the search feature etc.

Few remember the search is not that great a tool.

Is it boredom, cause we want S2 final, and getting frustrated that there's not been a incompatible patch this week? Have we all burnt out? Done too many miles in a FZR? Too eager to see new sounds, better tracks/cars etc?

Everywhere there are posts for meaningless stuff, some posts in response to Scawens updates are niggley and disrespectful at times and ppl don't listen to his requests not to keep asking for the same thing etc

Perhaps the whole forum should be locked until the next incompatible patch as a big wake up call, then only the patch thread reopened until we get back the respect for each other and LFS

We need to tighen up the junk and really off topic stuff, and get the moderators working a bit harder to exercise some control again?

Just my attempt at starting the community thinking how its all going to crap at times and get the great commeraderie back

ShannonN
Good job making another meaningless post.
just people getting bored so they make stupid threads and flame people. Its pretty discusting how disrespectfull people are online. especially in this community there are some that just cant resist the urge to flame. i myself amd guilty of it once in a few thousand posts. but at least i am trying lol.

if you think a thread is completely pointless... why the hell are you posting in it. all you are doing is bumping it further up so other people can see it and giving it more attention.
The demo stuff, most of them deserve it becuase they bring up flags like posting replays of them driving BF1's and stuff.
Quote from Whisper :Good job making another meaningless post.

Don't you find your post somewhat ironic? Your complaining about someones post who has put time and effort into getting his point acrross (A bloody valid one too) Where as your post is specificly what this man is complaining about.

I think the forum should be restarted, should have some strict rules being enforced like double or triple posting WILL be considered as spam and people will be warned as the majoroty of active posters are all trollers (Not all of them, obviously)

And even with stricter rules the trollers will probarly go in a mood as all their "Hard work" of gathering a few thousand posts has been wasted will probarly make them not troll as much as they can't be bothered doing it again.

If this isn't sorted i'm pretty sure the decent posters out their will stop and the trollers will get worse with more 1 worded triple posts.

#6 - richo
Amen ShannoN,

It appears people would rather split hairs over utterly meaningless things and play the "I know more than you" game , than actually contributing anything..
post counts turned off would achieve the same thing.

making the forum "read-only" for demo users would also help alot IMO.
Quote from Bawbag :Don't you find your post somewhat ironic? Your complaining about someones post who has put time and effort into getting his point acrross (A bloody valid one too) Where as your post is specificly what this man is complaining about.

No, sorry. His point is completely moot. Nobody is forcing him (nor you or anyone else) to post on this forum, or even read it for that matter. If he's not enjoying it, then why is he here? He can leave, and come back when the forum's content is "meaningful" again. I'm guessing that will be right around the time S2 final comes out. Instead he stays and chooses to whine about it, requesting that the whole forum be locked down, without giving any consideration to the fact that there are people who need it and who are enjoying it. This kind of attitude leads to nothing but flames.

I don't mind spam and meaningless posts. They don't ruin my day, or my forum experience. I'm above that. Seeing how there's not much to talk about game-wise, random stuff is fine with me. So no, my response wasn't meaningless. I was actually the one who made a valid point. We should have less people complaining about every little thing, and more people posting interesting stuff.
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :

making the forum "read-only" for demo users would also help alot IMO.

You're out of your mind. illepall

Yeah, let's treat demo users like crap and deny them participation. Then they'll surely want to buy the full game and be part of the community. Not.
everyone has their own opinion Whisper, i also don't care much for your "take it or leave it" attitude towards the forum, but i respect that as your view.
For me its the lack of a class of car I want to drive and theones I do enjoy are never used. So yea you could say I am a bit bored. Maybe buying the Miata has somthing to do with my sudden lack of interst in LFS, it just doesn't feel right now.
Hmm, the guy shows a general concern about the LFS forum and what has happend to it, he also trys to give a solution to try and help the forum out as he CLEARLY cares about the LFS forum and wants to enjoy it again.

So no, his post is not meaningless, your post on the other hand is, even if what you said is true, their is no point is posting the obvious, I would expect some of the local trolls to say that but I guess your one in the making.
yeah wisper, you are basicly trolling and not contributing to the thread at all. gj

well u sorta did in ur response to project d
Quote from Bawbag :Hmm, the guy shows a general concern about the LFS forum and what has happend to it, he also trys to give a solution to try and help the forum out as he CLEARLY cares about the LFS forum and wants to enjoy it again.

Doesn't seem to me like he cares about the forum, or the community that uses it, seeing how he's suggesting it be locked down. If it were to happen, you wouldn't be able to post here, either, you know.

Quote :So no, his post is not meaningless, your post on the other hand is, even if what you said is true, their is no point is posting the obvious, I would expect some of the local trolls to say that but I guess your one in the making.

So if someone has an opinion different from yours, then they're a troll in the making? I can see how you would deem this forum full of trolls and flamers.
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah wisper, you are basicly trolling and not contributing to the thread at all. gj

well u sorta did in ur response to project d

I don't think you have any idea what trolling is.
just jumping in a thread and calling a thread pointless is pointless itself. do you understand?

disagree withsomeone. state some opinions and back them up with facts. that's how it should be done.
I think our problem is we are much to hostile towards others, Sure we should be slightly hostile towards the crackers, but do it silently, not go "ZOMG HE/SHE IS A CRACKA! BANZ0RD!!" We need to be more clever in our posts, there's way too much arguing about stupid things. If we are gonna make the LFS community better, then we have to be more mature and none of the 2 person arguements. If you have a problem with someone, leave it to PM's.
Quote from Whisper :I don't think you have any idea what trolling is.

it's where you put a line in the water and pull it behind a boat :boat: and chant fishie fishie fishie until one bites. k maybe not.

:Kick_Can_
I wanna go fishing now... :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think our problem is we are much to hostile towards others, Sure we should be slightly hostile towards the crackers, but do it silently, not go "ZOMG HE/SHE IS A CRACKA! BANZ0RD!!" We need to be more clever in our posts, there's way too much arguing about stupid things. If we are gonna make the LFS community better, then we have to be more mature and none of the 2 person arguements. If you have a problem with someone, leave it to PM's.

yes people just arent very respectful. its easy to be a jerk online because there are almost no real consequenses. for alot of people the only thing keeping them from being jerks out in the "real world" are the consequences. People are just too willing to cross the line and hurl insults and flame and troll.
Go to any gaming community with a crack of their favorite game and you'll get flamed. LFS isn't the only place this happens. Yeah some people do jump to conclusions very quickly, but when a demo user posts a pic of him in a gtr car on fern bay....

And what's so bad about spam and off-topicness? We can't discuss LFS 24/7. There ARE other things in life
Quote from Gabkicks :just jumping in a thread and calling a thread pointless is pointless itself. do you understand?

disagree withsomeone. state some opinions and back them up with facts. that's how it should be done.

What kind of facts would you like me to back my opinion with? Just because you don't like what I said doesn't mean it's pointless. I think much of what you're saying is pointless, and you haven't backed it up with any facts at all, yet I'm not jumping on your case and calling you a troll, am I?
^see netdemon gets it
Sometimes people just need to step back and take a breather. Attacking people over minor things/opinions are dumb, whereas if its a fact that is obviously wrong, correct them and supply a source.
Quote from NetDemon01 :And what's so bad about spam and off-topicness? We can't discuss LFS 24/7. There ARE other things in life

Pretty much my point exactly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG