The online racing simulator
S3R presents - tiered racing
(32 posts, started )
I've tried the tiered system and think it's a pretty good system to help teach clean racing and better car control. Props to S3 Racing for coming up with something unique, using an under used car to help make racing in LFS better.
Thanks for that, Straightsix.

We've made a few changes in the last few days that should help keep people around longer.

- Implemented a welcome screen showing the scoring system and requirements to stay on server 1. We were seeing a lot of people do the normal "pickup server" pattern of pit, crash, pit, crash, pit, crash, pit, crash and getting booted in their first race. Now people should know not to do that (if they read the screen at least).

- Throttled the yellow flags given for a single incident down to more reasonable levels. It takes a pretty massive crash to get more than 2 yellows now.

- Added some additional stats to the racer list on the website. We now show two additional statistics. Race completion percentage and yellow flags per lap.
Quote from Danke :- Throttled the yellow flags given for a single incident down to more reasonable levels. It takes a pretty massive crash to get more than 2 yellows now.

That's very good news!
Once a week or so S3R has a team event night, this week we are holding this event on our Tier 1 server.

Of course it is open to the public and we encourage you folks to come out and enjoy an evening of racing with us. Anytime after 8:00pm EST, folks should start gathering.
It's usually Wednesday nights that we try to get the gang together to race, but the server is up all the time. Some people are on there almost every night (Eastern US time) of the week.

It usually only takes a few races on an otherwise empty server to attract a small crowd.
I like the idea of this system ... I'll give it a try this evening. Anyone else going to be on Tier 1 later?
edit: I updated the first post with more current information.

Glad you could hop on, TB. That was some good racing last night. We managed to attract a pretty decent crowd during a traditional dead time (11pm Eastern US) last night. I even recognized some Europeans from the forum on, who were up way past a reasonable bed time. Maybe we were the last stop on the way home from the pub.

Part of the reason for the crowd last night could be that we switched tier 1 to those three little words that put a smile on any LFS player's face ...

XRT RB4 FXO

We intend to keep it that way at least until the 19th. There's something happening that day, but I can't remember what exactly.

S3R presents - tiered racing
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG