The online racing simulator
Williams reveal 2009 wing package
(143 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :the slicks are for better mechanical grip, and makes it even more fun when it suddenly rains

But it also means the braking distances are even shorter, which means less overtaking.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :But it also means the braking distances are even shorter, which means less overtaking.

Thats if they can even stay on the road.
Better than the Williams Walrus.
Imo the front wings looks soo much better, basically 02 spec(thats going back alot lol).
if the rear wings were a little lower it would look alright but as times go on the wings will change shape under development.
#30 - Osco
please go back to the 98's F1 aero packages

this looks so much simpler, cleaner and better:
Imho it doesn't look that bad at all. Looking at it from the right angle it looks pretty wild even if the rear wing looks out of proportions.

<rant>As for the slicks, stupid stupid decision </rant>
I just looks ugly

EDIT:

It... IT god damn it
Quote from Mustafur :Imo the front wings looks soo much better, basically 02 spec(thats going back alot lol).
if the rear wings were a little lower it would look alright but as times go on the wings will change shape under development.

Not sure if misunderstood but development has to follow the regs and this kind wing shape (higher and narrower design) is in the regs.
the car remind me of this

#36 - col
Hehe, I think it looks pretty damn good, particularly the new rear wing !

Nice to have a change, and I bet many who hate it now will look back in a few years and think the 2008 cars just look daft by comparison!
In terms of the bodywork, I think the 2009-spec car is a vast improvement. The 2008 cars look a mess - just a sea of surfaces, mini wings, chimneys, and diffusers.

The tall, narrow rear wing looks odd but I understand why they've done it. Hopefully it'll work well with the wide, low front wing to help cars follow each other more closely.
It's got an errection on It's back wing.
Quote from Osco :please go back to the 98's F1 aero packages

this looks so much simpler, cleaner and better:

i agree
the f1 cars looked so much nicer back then
i vote for this. Much nicer

that wing looks alot like the one on the 09 williams. And so does the front wing
My favorite ones were by far the 2008 cars... They looked so technological and all. xD And at least they looked normal/proportionate... The 09 rear wing is ugly and the car looks too simple imo... The difference between F1 and other open wheelers is getting smaller and smaller, it's just not unique anymore...
Quote from evilpimp :My favorite ones were by far the 2008 cars... They looked so technological and all. xD And at least they looked normal/proportionate... The 09 rear wing is ugly and the car looks too simple imo... The difference between F1 and other open wheelers is getting smaller and smaller, it's just not unique anymore...

1. f1 cars are openweelers
2.simmplicity mean less to go wrong
If only they looked like this:

the new Formula Nippon cars are cool too, in a crazy Japanese kind of way.

The problem with all that is that they have to comply with so much regulation. Every single part of the car is ruled by very precise rules that do limit the way a car can possibly look to a certain extent.

Personally, I do feel weird about that back wing, but I guess we'll just get used to it. As for the racing, I'm optimistic they wouldn't do this for no reason and it should be an improvement in the 2009 season. People say: "Ya, well, they'll brake later and there will not be as many passes". It's not entirely true. The racing should closer, so all the cars should be more bunched up together than they are right now. Passing will probably be indeed harder, but since they will be more bunched up as a whole, the number of passes will probably remain the same, although the result will be more fun to watch.
Quote from deggis :the new Formula Nippon cars are cool too, in a crazy Japanese kind of way.

They look like something Batman would race, which means they look cool.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They look like something Batman would race, which means they look cool.

They also do seem to have as much camber as the Aussie Supercars. Almost seems like it's too much, though

I'm not sure I'd prefer to watch that series rather than F1, though. It does seem a little bit over the top.
Quote from boosterfire :I'm not sure I'd prefer to watch that series rather than F1, though. It does seem a little bit over the top.

It (Formula Nippon) is not exactly supposed to be a competitor to F1 or anything like that. It's like somewhere near F3 series but technically closer to GP2 car...

the pic mcintyrej posted was the old/current Nippon car, I just posted pic of the new car.
Quote from Alistair :1. f1 cars are openweelers
2.simmplicity mean less to go wrong

I never said they werent O_O I said the difference between them and OTHER open wheelers is getting smaller and smaller. Usually F1 is different and more advanced therefore different but I know it's still an open wheeler never said it wasn't .

That Formula Nippon looks a little whacky lol.

The one mcintyrej posted is pretty nicee.

Williams reveal 2009 wing package
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG