The online racing simulator
The TopGear Stig...
(29 posts, started )
The TopGear Stig...
...is tristan

I swear....I was watching a top gear repeat earlier on, and he has the exact same build (I think)
nah, tristan is a good driver
lol I wouldnt know....yet
:O

Who told you?

I wish. I'd love to drive all those cars (even the less nice ones) round a track.

Is that a compliment? Or would you rather I wore a helmet all the time :P

Edit: New, temporary, Avatar :P :P
Lol.
lol, I'm not sure
Lmao, now that is funny.
What makes the stig, The Stig?

Its the obviously the helmet, isn't it..

Anyone know the make of that helmet?
Looks like a Simpson, but I think they're a US brand. My father had a Simpson motorcycle helmet like that in black. He called it the Darth Vader helmet.
Quote from XCNuse :-spoiler-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/essex_celeb/stig.shtml
-spoiler-

cool stuff.. should get that book though.. sounds interesting

You shouldnt have posted that
There was some speculations somewhere (TG fan forums I think) that they have had multiple Stigys, there was another arcticle where Stig was interwieved and it wasnt him, I think...

Tristan, you need to get one of those shirts which says "Im The Stig"...
I hope Top Gear starts soon again, I miss it

:bannana_g
perry mcarthy is the old stig, no one knows the new one

some say its a guy called ben collins
A couple of episodes ago JC gave Mark Webber a T-shirt with "I am the Stig" on it. But then nothing is as it seems on TG.
ya.. thats the old one; put a spoiler.. er.. sort of lol tag around it so you didnt have to look at it; anyways.. i find it odd that they dont say much about the stig.. at all? ei: his history.. if he ever had a racing carrier or whatnot; instead they stuck a helmet on him and make him race
Quote from Forbin :Looks like a Simpson, but I think they're a US brand. My father had a Simpson motorcycle helmet like that in black. He called it the Darth Vader helmet.

I know what helmet it is, was just making sure everyone else did.

Anyone remember me asking for a simpson style helmet to be put in LFS?...
According to someone else on another forum I visit, since Perry left, there hasn't been one single Stig, rather a variety of Stigs. The most frequent new Stig is Ben Collins, Julian Bailey is the next most frequent and Rob Huff has done it a few times too.
Which is stupid if you ask me. Whats the point of having one driver test the cars, to see which is quickest, if the drivers (and hence their speeds) will be different. It just means that most of Stig2's laptimes are worthless...
Yeah, it is inaccurate, but then, if they're going to test cars in different weather conditions (dry, mildly moist, wet, monsoon etc) and just compensate for that by saying "We'll take 4 seconds off that time because it was wet", even when Webber was saying there was no way he lost 4 seconds, then the test is hardly accurate to start with.

I don't think many people really think the laptimes are valid for serious comparison, it's just fun to watch the cars being driven hard round the test track.
Fair Point :P
The times could be considered as a vague comparison imo. The Stig is quick regardless!
I actually know who The Stig is

Edit - should have read the thread fully first
i remember there was a racer called stig blomqvist or something similar...maybe thats why he's called the stig
I didn't know about the privately owned cars *possibly* being driven by the owners. But I've heard all the other versions.

The TopGear Stig...
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG