The online racing simulator
Microsoft Photographer is here
(12 posts, started )
A photographer from Microsoft is currently on our premises taking pictures of our Stratos for inclusion into a game. Apparently he (the photographer) hasn't been told which game, but I think it's fair to say either Forza or Project Gotham. He's already done about 20 cars, and he knows he's not the only photographer with the same brief.

Which of the above is most likely? I'd have thought Forza, as a Stratos isn't really the right sort of car for PGR.

Discuss
#2 - 5haz
You own a Stratos?

Do you get paid anything??
I don't know what the details of the deal are. We once got a free Sega Saturn because the Stratos was in Sega Rally, and I think we got money from Sony when it was in Gran Turismo. But I'm not sure what we get, if anything, from MS.
Forza 3 I hope, there has been rumours they are making/planning one anyway.

But... the car was on Forza 2 already, so I don't know why they'd need more reference photos for it. Has he took inside pictures?
Forza 3 is likely to be out before PGR5, so it could be. But the Stratos is already in Forza 2 so I'd have thought they'd just have used the existing materials.

Could it be for something new? Just ask him to find out for you, I would
Or find out the other cars he's done and we can start to piece it together ourselves

I'd have thought since it's Turn 10 who make Forza that it would be them who sent researchers out, but I don't know how the industry works.
He says he's got to take 1500 photos of the car, plus anything he considers especially interesting or intricate. He also says that after about 10 photos of any car it just becomes a tedious, boring job

He doesn't want to say much about the other cars - some NDA of one form or another I think.

Maybe the model in Forza 2 isn't very good? I don't know, I've not seen it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe the model in Forza 2 isn't very good? I don't know, I've not seen it.

Here's a pic of my Stratos in Forza 2, quite a while ago. It was the second car I bought in the game. I love it!

Quote from obsolum :Here's a pic of my Stratos in Forza 2, quite a while ago. It was the second car I bought in the game. I love it!

[image]

Which is vertically identical to the model of the Stratos in Forza 1.
Maybe that's why - the shape isn't perfect (the grill on the front clamshell is oddly curved for a start), and if they're increasing polygon count, as is the norm on sequals, maybe they're starting again on some of the models?
Forza 3, it's already been accidently confirmed, and it's the only game I can think of that will want a car like that. I doubt anything like PGR would want one.
Wasn't there a Stratos in PGR2?
Quote from pb32000 :Wasn't there a Stratos in PGR2?

I think so, but I've not heard much about a new PGR, and they would probably not care much about updating car models, unless they are Ferrari's that is.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG