The online racing simulator
Prague kart track recommendations needed
If I can recommend something, it would be Kart Centrum Radotín. Its not quite far from the centre of prague and the track is really great. its the longest trackt in Czech Republic. Also there are great karts, but the price is a bit higher than on the other places here. How I sad, if you want to enjoy karting, go to Kart Centrum. There are some pics from meeting with LFS friends http://spangler.cz/photos/LFS_meeting/

edit: Race with 8 people is good, the first one can wait for other behind BTW there are 12 karts, so imho 8 racers is enough for racing.

edit2: Last pictures from my gallery are not from K.C.R.
Thanks

I agree, it looks like a nice track. Actually, it's nice to have a glass roof, most tracks are dark and dirty places! You can even see the track through the glass roof on google maps (just!)

My only cornern was how to get there, because it doesn't seem to be near a metro stop. Is there a tram or train station nearby? Or is it possible to walk there from the centre?

How much did you pay when you went? 200Kc for a 10 minute race? Did you have to pay a track hire or helmet hire fee too?

Great photos by the way. Where was that LFS simulator?

Edit: That's good that they have 12 karts. I emailed the Areal track and they said they only have 6 cars in each race, which isn't so good for 8 people :/
Imho If you ask them politely to get 8 kars, they will allow it. Anyway the price is 200czk per 10 minutes, helmets are for free, but its not so "clean" inside. Its better to take you own helmet or you can buy sort of racing-hood for 100czk there. No track-hire, just 200kc for 10minutes of racing. Its enough to buy 3x10 minutes... you hands etc. will hurt you as hell next day

About the connection between the center, its not so far away, but it quite long way to walk there. Almost impossbile imho
There is no metro station or train station, but there is a bus station "Vrážská" for bus number 165, 204 and 244. I have no idea from what place near the center this buses goes, I have been there only with a car, which is the best way to get there. if you will ask in some information center, they will help you for sure.

edit: LFS simulator was on the other side of city... Chaos is owner of that machine, so maybe ask him for more information - if there will be some action with Force Dynamics 301 nearby center of Prague.
Excellent, thanks again. The price is the same as the other tracks in Prague I think.

As for the buses, I looked them up and found that 204 and 244 (they seem to be the same route) go from very near where we are staying, just west of the river, so that's excellent!
Great, so enjoy the karting and visit of Czech Republic!
That must have been a great fun, Spangler! Could you please tell me who are the guys in this pic? In order I wanna get to know who's who.
Spangler - one more question. I emailed the kart track a while ago but still no reply...

When you do the 200Kc 10 minute sessions, can you do a 10 minute race, or is it just open practice?
Imho its something like open practise - start from pitlane, racing while hotlaping
Hi Spangler.

We had a great time at Radotin. The bus worked fine, so thanks for that.

The karts were probably the best I've driven. Really nicely balanced and very consistent. Amazing really given that they're driven by Joe Public all day.

The track was good too, plenty to learn and very bright and pleasant for a kart track. Really hard on the arms though, especially in the first session.

The best bit of the track was up in the far left corner, the long fast right hander which tightens.

Here are a few photos (the people in the karts are not us, as we were all out on the track at the same time):

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ ... tingAtKartCentrumRadotin#

Anyway, thanks for a great tip, I can't believe the other 2 Prague tracks are anything like as good as this was.

PS: My best lap was around 1:31. Incredibly long for an indoor kart track!
As it seems like that track is worth going to:

What's the best way to get there from Braník?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG