The online racing simulator
KY3 Chicane Fix (No Cutting)
(10 posts, started )
Hello there.

Core - PMD9409 and myself aka Ice, came up with this layout to stop people from cutting the KY3 Chicane and to slow people down for the turn its self.
You really do have to brake for it more than you think, around the 100m mark you have to brake alot.

Here is a video to explain the layout aswell first few shots is onboard PMD's car and after that theres a little overtaking going on into the turn between me and PMD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJAOrFsJxNg&fmt=18

Allso see the screenshot's for this layout

Enjoy.
Attached images
Layout 1.jpg
Layout 2.jpg
Attached files
KY3_Ky3 Fix.lyt - 412 B - 377 views
Well, the problem with tires is that when you hit them slightly they start moving around. And when you hit them straight on or with some more force you may get any kind of moonflight altitudes from half metres to earth orbiting 20000 metres plus. On some cases the tires are the most unpredictable objects, even more than the barriers.

I'd use hay bales. With different texture you can make them look like something more modern and they are far more predictable and cause much less problems.
also they'll spoil your lfsw stats, laptimes will be around a second, two seconds slower from all that braking great idea though mate
+1 because if the devs change the layout of that part of the track you would have less cutting problems and since they would make it out of proper material and textures then if u try to cut it it would totally screw up your car

so +1 for the idea
What about the opposite idea? IMO, it would be more "KY3" if it was converted by the devs to a faster turn... what do you think, guys?

No more cuts, still keeping the characteristics of the track...

Forgot to comment, the layout is great, without that load of cones and signs and barriers... simple and real...
Attached images
lfs new corner.jpg
Quote from PedraumF :What about the opposite idea? IMO, it would be more "KY3" if it was converted by the devs to a faster turn... what do you think, guys?

No more cuts, still keeping the characteristics of the track...

Forgot to comment, the layout is great, without that load of cones and signs and barriers... simple and real...

That's probably how it should have been made.
I got to love that smudge tool. That would be epic track though.
Just wondering if either of you could send me the soundfile for that XFR at the start of the clip, or a link to a download, it sounds really nice!

Layout's great too, really clean.
Quote from Minimaxman :Just wondering if either of you could send me the soundfile for that XFR at the start of the clip, or a link to a download, it sounds really nice!

Layout's great too, really clean.

Stock XRR sound I am pretty sure.
Oh it was an XRR, thought it was an XFR. My bad!

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG