The online racing simulator
Quote from r4ptor :Complaint against #27 (3h 30secs).

#27 who are positioned behind us, gave more than enough room for our driver (#14) to make the pass during the front straight, but then decides to get back on line without slowing further down, resulting in a collision - and then continues racing us.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :It does indeed look like the #27 tries to let the #14 by, but doesn't back off when he realizes he has to avoid the right hand wall, so he hits the #14 in the side. This would have simply been a brainfade maneuver with no harm done, but then the #27 proceeds to race the car he's just hit into T1 and put him into the wall.

SG for poor blue flag behavior/driving for #27.

I know I'm a bit late, and I really should keep my mouth shut, but I have to make a point about this one.

I moved over to the right to give you the left side of the track. We were still side by side heading towards turn 1 (a flat out corner that really doesnt require the whole use of the track on entry), and you decide you want to use all the track and nail me into the wall. On what planet is that acceptable behaviour? As a front runner in plenty of other series I would be thoroughly embarrassed if I behaved like that, but to have the cheek to then complain about MY driving? And then for the admin to say that I was the one making a brain fade move? Why am I obliged to back off unecessarily to give you all the space you could want? Its your job to get passed me, which you would have done no problem, it is NOT my job to roll out the red carpet for you and take your breakfast order oh holy hotlapper.
If thats poor blue flag behaviour on my part then you've all gone completely, totally and utterly mad.
I presume I got the penalty for "racing" you into the next corner (this clearly isn't poor blue flag behaviour because I obviously wasn't under blue flags at that point but thats the only conclusion i can come to). Your car was extremely slow on the brakes into the next corner (clearly, or someone as inferior as myself wouldn't have had a hope of repassing thou holy one), so I assumed your car was damaged from the crash you just caused. As for running you into the wall, I'd made the pass and needed all the track on the exit (apparently that isn't a problem based on the move you made going into the previous corner).
Quote from Who Cares : (Snip) FIRST off... I feel a little sorry for your guy in the car (D.Ratcliffe)...... So Kolz - stay out of my way please. (Snip)

That´s not just a guy in a car. That´s a TDRT team car. As long you drive like this and get in TDRT´s way like you did yesterday I´ll file protests against you. Your post shows that you don´t know what was going on at race end.
The 05 car can honk as much as he likes to - this was a straight forward battle for 12th place. Due to the prior DC car #4 had Blue Flag on every car behind. Still, we knew that the battle against #05 was for position. Obviously you didn´t. Your spinning our #4 car was just unnecessary a move. You´re not just battling a car here. It´s the car which is 3rd in the overall standings and a bit more of situation awareness would have been nice in this situation.
-
(RRT RABBIT) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from Scott_Michaels :I know I'm a bit late, and I really should keep my mouth shut

Yes you really should keep your mouth shut, since that's the only fact you've made in your little argument.

T1 DOES require a wide entry to get around flatout, I held my line, you let me through, then rejoined the racing line which was now occupied by me. In order for the driver behind to pass, the driver infront must lift his foot from the pedal on the right, which you decided not to do.

How was I "extremely slow on the brakes into the next corner" when I broke even later than you did? Need to watch the replay? Please do. Incidently, yes my car was damaged badly from the crash YOU just caused.

It's also interesting to see you've admitted that running me into the wall on the exit of the following corner was your act of revenge on me though.

DeadWolfBones is one of the fairest guys I've ever spoken to, and decisions have gone against me, when I was in the wrong (we all make mistakes, no one is "inferior" here), and for when I was in the right, like yesterday.
Quote from UncleBenny :Our second driver's computer crashed and he couldn't race any more. I finished the race hoping I wouldn't be over 75%, I understand if there is some kind of penalty against us though.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. The penalty will be reflected in the final standings. As precedent was set with the 3id incident 2 rounds ago, it'll be the total time you ran beyond 3 hours that will be deducted from your total.
Quote from Dragonmen :two laps before the end, T1, there was a crash ahead, our driver lifted to avoid crashing but the other drivers didnt... we lost 2 positions there

Please take a look! Thnx

EDIT:
we lost 3 positions!

Having reviewed this, it's clear that all drivers approaching the incident ahead (that of the #07 and #04) braked to avoid it, and that the #33 in fact braked the least of these. In braking less, you attempted a pass on the #24 car, a lap or more ahead of you, and made contact getting into T1, causing major damage to the #24 car. This is a racing incident, but the majority of the fault lies with the #33 car, in our opinion. No penalty.
Rudy and Johnny, the IGTC is not the place to take your personal battles from the Danish LFS community.

Johnny, you and your team need to be more aware of the status of the cars around you. From your description of the incident it's clear that you had no idea the #04 car was laps ahead of you, or fighting for position with the #05. This sort of information is vital to the functioning of a IGTC race team, and it's why we suggest that all teams have a team manager coordinating with their drivers during a race, using the tracker and other available info.

The TDRT car, on the other hand, certainly could have given more room on the straight. For the second time in this thread: it takes two to tango, and there is NO excuse for contact/wrecking on the straights.

Thanks.
Quote from DaveWS :Yes you really should keep your mouth shut, since that's the only fact you've made in your little argument.

T1 DOES require a wide entry to get around flatout, I held my line, you let me through, then rejoined the racing line which was now occupied by me. In order for the driver behind to pass, the driver infront must lift his foot from the pedal on the right, which you decided not to do.

How was I "extremely slow on the brakes into the next corner" when I broke even later than you did? Need to watch the replay? Please do. Incidently, yes my car was damaged badly from the crash YOU just caused.

It's also interesting to see you've admitted that running me into the wall on the exit of the following corner was your act of revenge on me though.

DeadWolfBones is one of the fairest guys I've ever spoken to, and decisions have gone against me, when I was in the wrong (we all make mistakes, no one is "inferior" here), and for when I was in the right, like yesterday.

Well I manage to go through it flat out leaving a cars width on either the inside or outside at will. Not sure what you are doing wrong.
Whether I rejoined the racing line or not is irrelevant, I held my position on the right side of the track (its the bit between the inpenetrable walls, btw) and you simply drove over to my side of the track and nailed me. Crying "he should have backed off" is absolutley no excuse for a simple lack of respect for my existance, especially as I was under no obligation to back off.
All I know is that I did nothing special in the next corner and quite easily drove down your inside (presumably because you were damaged) by just taking my line and normal speed. Surely you are aware that being "slow" is not defined by your braking point but the speed you carry into the corner? I can slow down pretty damn quick when I want to (ie, when I'm damaged and can't make a corner at normal speed) without changing my braking point.
I didn't say anything about revenge. I perhaps could have given you more room but I didn't feel it was necessary. I tend to race people how they race me. Nothing to do with revenge, or can you not see the difference?
Quote from Scott_Michaels :Well I manage to...

Dave felt you did something wrong and reported it to me. I had a second look in replay and felt the same way so I filed the complaint. Admins then looked at it and.. tada.. felt the same way and therefor handed out a penalty.

Still, here you are in a disagreement (which is ok though - but you have to recognize when you are in the wrong), and even talking about driving abilities. That's pretty ignorant considering your fastest lap during the race was 1½ sec away from ours - and if you are indeed that experienced as you claim, then you should know well enough that you don't just gain that extra time... otherwise you would have done so yourself, no?

Stop measuring penis sizes and take the verdict like a man.
Quote from r4ptor :
Stop Measuring Penis Sizes And Take The Verdict Like A Man.

Lol
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Having reviewed this, it's clear that all drivers approaching the incident ahead (that of the #07 and #04) braked to avoid it, and that the #33 in fact braked the least of these. In braking less, you attempted a pass on the #24 car, a lap or more ahead of you, and made contact getting into T1, causing major damage to the #24 car. This is a racing incident, but the majority of the fault lies with the #33 car, in our opinion. No penalty.

After reviewing the replay our driver involved confirmed to me that he (and/or driver/s/ involved) experienced lag at that time that made confusion even bigger...
On Remote it looked like the drivers behind used brakes a lot later (or lifted latter), and I was writing about incident based on what I saw on Remote and what I have been told by my teammate at that time.

Its just shame so many incidents came under and just after SC period and this last one went on our back
Having great amount of time advantage in front of P18, 10 minutes till the end, and finishing P20 is just very big shame considering problems we had and how much we pushed... very disappointing for us. On the other hand we knew it would be a very hard race with XRR on SO4 so we are glad we even finished.

We will take any penalty or blame, if necessary, for that incident.
No worries, Milan... definitely didn't look like you intentionally took the #24 out, and I'm not surprised to hear that there was lag involved. It is definitely a shame that that happened so late in the race for you, as I know you were racing the #11 for position.
The maturity of the LFS comunity always astounds me, both on and off the track. I have nothing more to say to you people.
I don't know who wrote the Round 7 race report on core-racing.com - but I'm very disappointed by the frankly slanderous nature of it. I have a great deal of respect for Core, but lying about a rival driver in the public medium simply to damage his and his team's reputation is just totally out of order.

The report seems to mostly focus on our car - or, to be precise, one of our drivers; Misan.

Please, whoever wrote the report, check the ****ing replay and tell me where, after the incident, Misan "backed across the track in front of traffic". He waited until the entirity of the main body of the field had passed him, and was absolutely nowhere near impeding anybody in that manoeuvre.

The report the goes on the imply that the incident cost our team nothing, and cost the Core team badly. After the stop-go penalty, we were an entire LAP off the lead of the race, and were well down on your lead car who, given an incident-free race, we would have been comfortably up on.

I also think it's total crap to blame the incident on Misan in a way that suggests it is cut-and-dried. Look at the replay and you will see that many cars were driving very close at the restart, with some drivers even anticipating the start. While Misan was too close to the car ahead, that was not the sole cause of the incident. Watch him from the chase view and you'll see that when he pulled out of Hugo's slipstream, he was only committing to pass one car, and he was doing so in the only place on the track where it's possible to pass a driver of similar ability.

The main reason for the severity of the incident was the server. Review the first safety car incident and you will notice how crap the server actually was.

If you want to see the incident which was most deserving of a penalty on any of the race starts, check P.Diaz on the initial start driving 30mph faster than all of the cars ahead of him on the start. That was 10x worse than what Misan did and I'm sure even the wanker that wrote your report could see that.
Sorry that you feel wronged by that report, Josh. I hadn't seen it until you brought it up, but I'll have a word with Lee.

No hard feelings meant or held.

edit: and I just had a look at Phil's race start and Teemu's incident. Phil, as I'm sure you saw, was hurrying to catch up to the queue (following the u-turn) when the green flew. He definitely used his momentum to his advantage, but he didn't drop back intentionally to get a run. The situation was complicated by the fact that the Warbirds driver 3 cars ahead didn't get on the gas in a timely manner (note the huge gap from him to the next car ahead).

You're absolutely right about Teemu not backing across traffic. I'm not sure where the writer of the report on our site got that from. All apologies for that.
Despite our differences with the community and administration of this league, we have mostly enjoyed our time in the mid- to rear-pack, and plan to return next season. Unfortunately (depending on who you are) we do not expect to be able to make the season finale later this month, providing an opportunity to cool down and work to avoid silly penalties in the future. Hopefully some of you have noticed an improvement in our pace and consistency since our debut this season, and we plan to keep improving through next season and the preceding off-season. It is painfully clear to us, and certainly to many of you, that our philosophies do not exactly mesh with those of this league. However, we acknowledge and respect that as participants, it is our job to attempt to adapt to these philosophies. We sincerely hope that you'll excuse our recent behavior and welcome with open arms next season (or at least a polite wave.)
I somehow knew that the report was not written by you, Ben, but to read something which seems to have been so disrespectfully and erroneously compiled just makes me sick to the stomach.

I won't mention or blame anyone else, but Lee's ignorance and short-sightedness reflects badly upon your whole team.
Quote from Kardum31 :Despite our differences with the community and administration of this league, we have mostly enjoyed our time in the mid- to rear-pack, and plan to return next season. Unfortunately (depending on who you are) we do not expect to be able to make the season finale later this month, providing an opportunity to cool down and work to avoid silly penalties in the future. Hopefully some of you have noticed an improvement in our pace and consistency since our debut this season, and we plan to keep improving through next season and the preceding off-season. It is painfully clear to us, and certainly to many of you, that our philosophies do not exactly mesh with those of this league. However, we acknowledge and respect that as participants, it is our job to attempt to adapt to these philosophies. We sincerely hope that you'll excuse our recent behavior and welcome with open arms next season (or at least a polite wave.)

Glad to hear you'll be back, Joe. I've enjoyed having you and watching you improve over the season.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sorry that you feel wronged by that report, Josh. I hadn't seen it until you brought it up, but I'll have a word with Lee.

No hard feelings meant or held.

edit: and I just had a look at Phil's race start and Teemu's incident. Phil, as I'm sure you saw, was hurrying to catch up to the queue (following the u-turn) when the green flew. He definitely used his momentum to his advantage, but he didn't drop back intentionally to get a run. The situation was complicated by the fact that the Warbirds driver 3 cars ahead didn't get on the gas in a timely manner (note the huge gap from him to the next car ahead).

You're absolutely right about Teemu not backing across traffic. I'm not sure where the writer of the report on our site got that from. All apologies for that.

Repost to get my edit to the next page. :P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Phil, as I'm sure you saw, was hurrying to catch up to the queue (following the u-turn) when the green flew. He definitely used his momentum to his advantage, but he didn't drop back intentionally to get a run. The situation was complicated by the fact that the Warbirds driver 3 cars ahead didn't get on the gas in a timely manner (note the huge gap from him to the next car ahead).

Surely that is completely irrelevant? Or can you just drop back a few hundred metres and then 'catch the field up' right before the green? The fact is that when the race went green he had a massive speed advantage which he used to pass a number of cars. That was cheating, end of. Surely it was as much a violation as Misan following a car too closely and then attempting a pass which did not appear at all risky at the time?

I didn't want to post again but well, I couldn't stop myself.
Quote from joshdifabio :Surely that is completely irrelevant? Or can you just drop back a few hundred metres and then 'catch the field up' right before the green? The fact is that when the race went green he had a massive speed advantage which he used to pass a number of cars. That was cheating, end of. Surely it was as much a violation as Misan following a car too closely and then attempting a pass which did not appear at all risky at the time?

Well next race I would like you to start back there, and try to stay right behind the car infront, and watch as you have to slam on the brakes and most likely get rear-ended. I watched it, and I was clearly faster than the cars ahead, but if you watch I was going the same speed as them, but then they started braking. After they brake the green came out, which was a lucky break for me. It happens on every restart in the back, because they are always trying to catch up once the green comes out. Go ahead, penalize me for being cautious, but if you do you might want to have an admin watching the rear of the field so they can penalize 2-3 people on every restart.
A public apology to T.Hirvonen and spdo Racing
Quote from joshdifabio :I somehow knew that the report was not written by you, Ben, but to read something which seems to have been so disrespectfully and erroneously compiled just makes me sick to the stomach.

I won't mention or blame anyone else, but Lee's ignorance and short-sightedness reflects badly upon your whole team.

Josh,

I want to apologize for the error I made in the report. I never intend to make the reports read as if we are assigning blame with a pro-CoRe tone, so with the error I made along with some bad wording choices, it obviously came out very badly.

I take full responsibility for the error and will take steps for future reports to avoid these kinds of errors. Everyone at CoRe Racing has a ton of respect for Teemu and the whole spdo Racing team and I hope my careless error doesn't damage any team relations we have built via our IGTC competition.

I've corrected the story and posted a retraction statement at the end.

Again, my most sincere apologies,

Lee Baker
CoRe Racing
Lee,
Thank you for the considered and well thought-out apology - of course myself and the team appreciate and accept it wholeheartedly.

Looking forward to Round 8,
Josh
Quote from MZWiZard :Both in first sharp lefthander, they divebomb me:

My lap 104 - 39 S.Andrews, no major damage but time loss.

My lap 107 - 01 C.Green hits me from behind, causing a massive crash and my car being broken.

After much review, the admins have decided that both #39 Schnuffel Racing and #01 CoRe Racing #1 will receive C1 points penalties for these infractions.

However, we would like to note that three separate incidents were in part caused by the odd, wide line that #07 chose to use in T1. Though this does not excuse poorly-attempted overtaking maneuvers, it does indicate a lack of situational awareness on both sides of the incident, not just on the side of the penalized cars.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Also under investigation is the #30 team. They ran a total of 148 laps, with one driver doing 119 of those. This is 80.4% of the distance.

I've done the math on this one. It's a bit complicated, but essentially:

Given 75% as a hard 3 hours, Voellinger is 16:30 over the limit, rounded.
Given 75% as 75% of the team's actual race time, Voellinger is 15:30 over the limit, rounded.

Using 15:30, since it seems fairer, and dividing it by an average lap time of 1:32.5 (about what he was running), we get 10 laps, nearly exactly. Subtracting 10 laps from the #30's total puts them in 23rd, with 138 laps, 3 laps ahead of the #06.
Quote from joshdifabio :Surely that is completely irrelevant? Or can you just drop back a few hundred metres and then 'catch the field up' right before the green? The fact is that when the race went green he had a massive speed advantage which he used to pass a number of cars. That was cheating, end of. Surely it was as much a violation as Misan following a car too closely and then attempting a pass which did not appear at all risky at the time?

Without seeing the incident, I think there is a precedent on this? Restart at AS4...

I really hope next race goes better, that last restart was hectic, and I was surprised by the amount of bad driving...

Oh and sorry for coming back to this, been without internet since monday...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG