The online racing simulator
Time for LFS to focus?
(32 posts, closed, started )
WILL YOU ALL JUST STFU?
You all look like a bunch of immature twats arguing about crap like this... seriously.
This entire topic stinks of snobbery.

"I don't like cruising, therefor it shouldn't be allowed"

Those people paid their money just like everyone else, they're entitled to do whatever they want with the software.

Don't like it? Don't join the servers. Turn on the Cruise filter.
What is it about the net that makes some people think that only one opinion is the right one? You have the ability to ignore people. If they're doing something you don't like, nobody is forcing you to join in.

And let's be honest, nobody is looking at the LFS server list and going "Oh no, there's a cruise server. Clearly the cheapest and most realistic racing simulator in the world is not worth playing, let's ignore the dozens of servers and hundreds of racers on the other servers and focus on what a small community of modders has decided to do."

Get over it.

See that? I don't join cruise servers and I am capable of defending them.
Quote from teedot :WILL YOU ALL JUST STFU?
You all look like a bunch of immature twats arguing about crap like this... seriously.

where you see imaturity ? its just arguing about thing into lfs ??? if your think you wont talk about this then just dont come here to tell us to stfu .. this is immmature ...
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Am I a freeloader now?

I dunno. You registered in Sept 2007. Does it take a year to evaluate a demonstration product to decide if you like it? Must be a thorough evaluation.

Of course, my "freeloader" reference wasn't an insult against demoers in principle - just those long-term demo players who have zero intention of buying LFS but still expect to be taken seriously when asking for new features, improvements, cars, tracks, or the XRT back in the demo.

Quote from danowat :LFS focuses on racing, but people use it's flexibility to do other stuff, wheres the harm in that?

Agreed, there's no harm in LFS being flexible. Isn't that open-ness what helped make LFS so popular from the very early days? And if people want to go skidding or cruising, let them. But sometimes I wonder whether the people who enjoy these alternative uses of LFS are starting to get more demanding or more vocal about what they want LFS to be, and somewhere along the line they've started to think that LFS in an "online car simulator" when in fact it's an "online racing simulator". And at some point the core product, i.e. racing in LFS, begins to become diluted and, within the community at least, the focus of the game gets called into question.

I don't think LFS should focus on one particular aspect of racing (eg low end formula), it should continue it's aim to support and feature as many genres of cars and types of racing as possible. But what it should also do, imho, is take a few subtle steps to re-emphasise that the product is about racing, and anything else is just an unintended spin-off.
Quote from teedot :WILL YOU ALL JUST STFU?

You do know the irony of your post?, you posting that, just makes you no better than the people you are trying to berate
Quote from danowat :You do know the irony of your post?, you posting that, just makes you no better than the people you are trying to berate

Not really as this thread seems to be dropping into the arguing (again) about cruising side of things, which seems to be getting worse and worse.

I don't have an answer but I agree with Strobe.
All right.

I ended up subscribed to this thread because I made a post after removing spam.

Now it's that old argument with racers being annoyed at the existence of cruise and drift servers, and the cruisers and drifters defending themselves.

It's boring and pointless, arguments for no reason so I'll close this thread now.

Let people do what they want with LFS if it does not affect you! It does not change the direction of LFS. We'll continue to develop what needs to be done, or what we'd like to add, influenced by what opportunities come our way that we can sometimes take up. Probably not in the right order for anyone in particular, but in the order that things work out.

If you don't like cruise servers, set "Cruise" option to "NO" in the list of hosts. One click and all your worries are solved. Now please stop having this silly argument. We get fed up with reported posts about racers attacking cruisers and drifters.
This thread is closed

Time for LFS to focus?
(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG