The online racing simulator

Poll : When will the Scirocco be released?

Even longer, damnit!
3-4 months
2-3 months
1-2 months
One thing is certain...2 minutes after release there will be a plethora of demo-users whining that THEY cant access it and that it isnt fair that all the licensed users can have it and they cant..
Imagine it:
Quote :"First they tooked teh XRT now they wont let us has teh Scirocco; Whinge Whinge"

In any case, my vote is "When it's ready"
32nd april 2013
I reckon they'll tell us we can have it 1st April next year before 12pm, then the devs will laugh their heads off when it was a prank.

On a more serious note...

Quote from Bladerunner :In any case, my vote is "When it's ready"

+1
I'd like to think this "until a long time from now" mainly means not giving any kind of promises. If Scawen would say "soon" and then when it does not come "soon" the bitching starts and you know how thats going to end up.
Speculating you say ... buying the rights to use LFS to advertise the scirorocco at only one event would be pretty strange, imho (I've no idea how much money they put into it). Maybe there's a point in the contract between the devs and VW saying that they can't release the car for public usage until xx.xx.xxxx . On another note VW may want to give away free CDs with LFS on some kind of track days to advertise the scirocco even more, and so the car'll have to be accessible to demo users - that could mean 4 cars in the demo, or -1 of the current cars. Anywayz, there's no hurry, there has never been any ;D
edit
it will be not a xmas present. i think february-mach 2009
Xmas.
When I've drank my cocacola
Youre drinkin cola, damn rarely, or never.
#62 - 5haz
Some time between now and the end of time.
any time after the next minute
Hi

I reckon with S3. I cant see another patch after S2 Z. My guess is that S3 would be at midnight on 1/1/09, or sometime middle next year.

Jon
When DC becomes F1 World Champion
One year from now we'll all be racing nice Sciroccos through the beautiful streets of South City. And the people that want it sooner, will be completely shocked.
Quote from aroX123 :24/12/08??

Remember, there was only 1 patch which arrived @ Xmas, that was in S1. It contained the MRT...
Y came in early 12/2007.

I guess there was a report with 'Hanouccah .
Quote from ferraif40 :Hi

I reckon with S3. I cant see another patch after S2 Z. My guess is that S3 would be at midnight on 1/1/09, or sometime middle next year.

Jon

S2 is not anywhere near finished, and you peak about s3?
Quote from Stefani24 :S2 is not anywhere near finished, and you peak about s3?

Well you can't really know that.. Though scawen or whoever said the s3 is far away, but who knows if he's lying? Making us a big surprise..

And no, I haven't finished my cola
Quote from danowat :Theres a MASSIVE difference in something being ready to show at a games convention (or any convention for that matter) and something that is ready for public consumption.

Why is that, exactly? Why would Volkswagen allow a poorly modelled, unfinished version of their car to be used in a promo event? Wouldn't they require the modelling to be as accurate and real as possible? What if some of the people at the convention tried the car in LFS and said "hey, this car handles like rubbish, I'll never buy this!"? How could that be good for VW?
:bump:

where does this leave us?
LoL, i was right in my poll vote. i take some pleasure in that.:dunce: awesome job bumping a thread from 2 years ago.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG