The online racing simulator
Another WMP 10 user here !

I was one of those 36 viewers !

Congrats to all who entered.

Sarge.
Quote from hyntty :Future reference: press ctrl+u

Thankyou, although it still doesnt work, but i doubt it will because the racing is over!
press ctrl+m and a menu should appear at top of windows media player, there you click File and select Open URL
Chuck Norris wins by default
Timo was the man and has the broadcasts recorded.

Somewhere, someday, he'll upload it. I'll get on him about it.

So yeah, after a rocky start, which I've determined is simply natural to have a decent charlie foxtrot because everyone's all excited and antsy and no matter what the Race Director can say to prepare people, someone or someones will still give the Race Director fits. I can only do so much to control the drivers.

But as we run these, and people get used to them, they'll get better at it.

Hope you all enjoyed the racing.

d
Thanks for hosting a great race deko!
It was me that caused all the mayhem during the start. Initially I did not know what happened because I was not expecting to spin out in 3rd on R2 in almost a straight line (I thought someone had hit me in the first place). Once again apologies to all the guys affected.

It was my first long distance race so adrenaline was pumping I'm happy I managed to reach the finish line. Looking forward to any future events and hoping not to cause any more trouble for our brilliant race control

Cheers,
Maciej
wow those tyres must had been dead cold if you spun in third like that
Quote from RiGun :wow those tyres must had been dead cold if you spun in third like that

Grip bites.

d
Quote from dekojester :Timo was the man and has the broadcasts recorded.

Somewhere, someday, he'll upload it. I'll get on him about it.

Got it and uploading.

I've been watching aswell. Christ I'm a cock.

EDIT: Part 1; http://files.filefront.com/200wmv/;11437051;/fileinfo.html
It was a livecast, so commentary starts properly at around 27 minutes (in the middle of qualifying)

And Part2 http://files.filefront.com/200+2wmv/;11437521;/fileinfo.html

EDIT2: A little audio sample attahed
Attached files
ronald_int.mp3 - 884.8 KB - 214 views
I hope i can get this live streaming thing sorted for the next big race that is shown live as it sounds like really good fun to watch. Unfortunately i would have died of old age by the time the 200+mb files that are attached above finally downloaded as i havent good a very quick connection.
Haha!

So sorry that I missed it :P

I shall be watching the broadcast me thinks
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I listened to the sample and wow he oh so nearly swore it's unbelievable!

Talking about convinient vent lag...
Quote from hyntty :Talking about convinient vent lag...

Although that whole Japanese episode you had was just about as bad!
Quote from hyntty :http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=63560&d=1218367334

OMG lol
LOL!!! Almost droped the F bomb alright :P and WTF was that at the end??? Sounded like a retarded orgasm O_O.
mmmm... hat....

Okay I'll stop with the extracts now.
Attached files
michael_and_hat.mp3 - 1.5 MB - 186 views
Timo great job bro!!!!

Thank you for all your work.

Also a big thank you to Deco and Astro!!!
Quote from major_syphillis :Timo great job bro!!!!

Thank you for all your work.

Also a big thank you to Deko and Astra!!!

Corrected
Lol xD Love those samples they were quite funny. Keep them coming please lol xD
Also, in future, I hope to have my page that has a setup for the stream, a frame with server Timing and Scoring (the LFSWorld one, as I can't yet be arsed to build my own until I learn more about InSim and PubStat stuff), and a chat window.

Usually, this was based off of a Flash Media Server, but because of newly installed Rights Management issues, this was unavailable to us, so we were provided with a Windows Media Server, and with the limited time I had, I could not completely set it up in that Timing and Scoring Page, and by the time I had time, another issue cropped up, and then took that time away.

Regardless...thanks to Fragmaster for providing the server and streaming solutions. And thanks to all who attended.

Results and mpr files will be posted soon.

d
Just watched the whole thing, very good job too all involved.

Just a little clarification, I was car 111 Gorski(Chuck Norris skin). During the last few laps I held back drafting the leaders, did not want to pass because i was a lap down. Wanted to keep up with the other lapped car and fight for 4th place but he has taken off with the 1st car. Commentary said I was impolite for trying to pass the leaders with 3 laps to go but in ventrilo I was asked to pass when I can so the leaders could all fight for 1st. My pass would enable a 3 car draft causing 2nd and 3rd place to fight for 1st. In the end it was too little to late to get them back in the race for 1st.

Hope all that made sense

lol

great fun looking for another race...
Great commentatory I must say! Race was so-so though.
Quote from major_syphillis :Just watched the whole thing, very good job too all involved.

Just a little clarification, I was car 111 Gorski(Chuck Norris skin). During the last few laps I held back drafting the leaders, did not want to pass because i was a lap down. Wanted to keep up with the other lapped car and fight for 4th place but he has taken off with the 1st car. Commentary said I was impolite for trying to pass the leaders with 3 laps to go but in ventrilo I was asked to pass when I can so the leaders could all fight for 1st. My pass would enable a 3 car draft causing 2nd and 3rd place to fight for 1st. In the end it was too little to late to get them back in the race for 1st.

Hope all that made sense

lol

great fun looking for another race...

Apologies for that, next time I will keep a spy in the drivers' ventrilo channel so I can hear what you guys are saying to each other.
I've been watching the recorded stream as I missed it live, as broadcasters you cant do much about the constant safety cars which I guess is a sign of it being the start of the series - but I do get confused by the commentary.

This might just be me because I have an issue with numbers, but referring to the cars by their number is confusing so after 2hrs I still dont know who is who.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG