The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Wow, I just have to post here about my first race with the new Lapper version. It was awesome. My pitboard is working like a charm with constant updated sector and TPB times, messages about winning/losing time per sector and the new feature of displaying good/great splits of everyone worked superb. Wow, what a great experience that was.

How long do you think it will be until you are ready to release your pitboard to the community? It looks very useful, and I would love to integrate it with Lapper on my servers
Quote from Bladerunner :How long do you think it will be until you are ready to release your pitboard to the community? It looks very useful, and I would love to integrate it with Lapper on my servers

I think it will take another minute or so
I've attached the relevant sections of Lapper for my pitboard.
Attached files
LFSLapper.txt - 8.1 KB - 288 views
Good code

You can change small thing to do this great, example

Quote :openPrivButton( "best_s1_txt",17,79,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best sector 1:" . "&" . $SectorSplit1);
openPrivButton( "best_lap_txt",17,103,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best poss. lap:" . "&" . $color . $Tpb);

with

$origL = 17;
$origT = 79;
openPrivButton( "best_s1_txt",$origL,$origT,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best sector 1:" . "&" . $SectorSplit1);
openPrivButton( "best_lap_txt",$origL,$origT + 24,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best poss. lap:" . "&" . $color . $Tpb);

in this case, you can change position of all your pitboard only changing var $origL and $origT . All coordinate are relative to this origins

Gai-Luron
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I think it will take another minute or so
I've attached the relevant sections of Lapper for my pitboard.

Many Thanks...trying it out now

A bit later..
Works a treat!!!
Only suggestion...maybe a timeout after a few seconds..example..pass the split/end of lap, pitboard displayed for 5 seconds, then disappears until next split...would that work?
Quote from Bladerunner :Many Thanks...trying it out now

A bit later..
Works a treat!!!
Only suggestion...maybe a timeout after a few seconds..example..pass the split/end of lap, pitboard displayed for 5 seconds, then disappears until next split...would that work?

Yeah that could work, you have to replace the -1 values in every button for the time you want the button to be displayed. Only thing you have to solve then is the good/great splits which will come and go during the race. If the pitboard itself isn't displayed at that moment, you get a button 'in the wild'. Besides that, I personally hate it when a screen is bussy with text messages and/or buttons coming on all the time, but again, that's my personal opinion.
Quote from Tim NL :Hi Andy,

In your LFSLapper.lpr
#################################
# Local variable
# {SplitTime} - Split time
#################################
Sub TRI_split1_0()
cmdLFS( "/msg Great 1st split (" . $SplitTime . ") by " . $Nickname . "^8!" );
EndSub
Sub TRI_split1_1()
cmdLFS( "/msg Good 1st split (" . $SplitTime . ") by " . $Nickname . "^8!" );
EndSub

In your trackInfo.cfg
track = AS3
len = 5.6
car = FXR
MaxLapTime = 3.22.52
split1 = 0.44.97:0.45.64
lapTime = 1.41.76:1.43.28

The red one in trackinfo.cfg show the great 1st split in your LFSlapper.lpr
and The green one in trackinfo.cfg show the good 1st split in your LFSlapper.lpr

And your $PubStatIdk ="TH1sAFaK31XxP0p5YjJr7mP99GLgwiB5n"; is something like this.
You can get one on www.lfsworld.net - My LFSW setting - generate an additional Ident-Key.

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the time writing all that, I still cannot configure ConvWr.bat to actually connect, keep getting a login error. Is the following correct if I had a real idk, does it need speech marks around it or anything like that.

@echo off
rem ConvWr.exe -l licenseName -p pass -c coef -o outputFile
rem Or
rem ConvWr.exe -t idk -c coef -o outputFile
rem
rem coef = multiple coef possibility separated by ':'
rem ex : 100.5
rem : 100.5:101:101.5
rem licenseName =
rem pass =
rem idk = ?????????????????????????????????
rem
rem it's more safe to use idk instead of login/pass

rem ConvWr.exe -l yourLogin -p yourPass -o trackInfo.cfg -c 100.5:102 -mlc 200
ConvWr.exe -i yourIdk -o trackInfo.cfg -c 100.5:102 -mlc 200
pause

Thanks in advance
Quote from Gai-Luron :Good code

You can change small thing to do this great, example
Quote :
openPrivButton( "best_s1_txt",17,79,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best sector 1:" . "&" . $SectorSplit1);
openPrivButton( "best_lap_txt",17,103,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best poss. lap:" . "&" . $color . $Tpb);

with

$origL = 17;
$origT = 79;
openPrivButton( "best_s1_txt",$origL,$origT,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best sector 1:" . "&" . $SectorSplit1);
openPrivButton( "best_lap_txt",$origL,$origT + 24,15,4,4,-1,16,"Best poss. lap:" . "&" . $color . $Tpb);

in this case, you can change position of all your pitboard only changing var $origL and $origT . All coordinate are relative to this origins

Gai-Luron

Wow, that's a nice (but yet undocumented ) feature.
One question springs to my mind, can I set those values using a menu?
I already made a simple config-menu in which players can choose where to display my pitboard, but after the first display on the right or left the pitboard is then displayed as configured in the board itself. If I could set those values you mentioned after choosing the place to display the board, it would solve one of my remaining problems.

Anyway thanks for the compliment, I'm realy proud of what I made using your great program.

[edit]
Hmm, tried it directly after coming home from work (yes, I'm a computeradict) but Lapper doesn't store the values when set using a menu.
Hopefully this can be changed in a next version of Lapper.
[/edit]
Quote from Andy King :Hi Tim,
Thanks for the time writing all that, I still cannot configure ConvWr.bat to actually connect, keep getting a login error. Is the following correct if I had a real idk, does it need speech marks around it or anything like that.

Thanks in advance

Andy,
Sorry i didn't saw that you talking about trackinfo1.3.zip .

A rem at the begining of a line is a remark ( same as a # in lapper).

Try something like this. Works fine over here.

rem ConvWr.exe -l yourLogin -p yourPass -o trackInfo.cfg -c 100.5:102 -mlc 200
ConvWr.exe -i TH1sAFaK31XxP0p5YjJr7mP99GLgwiB5n -o trackInfo.cfg -c 100.5:102 -mlc 200
pause

You have to run the ConvWr.bat to create the trackInfo.cfg
Hi Tim,
Thanks that is now working, didn't realise REM was a commented line ooops, remember T-Shirt, Video, DVD etc etc lol
No-one having trouble with the PubStatIdk?
Over here it doesn't work anymore for some reason.
Or rather, LFSLapper won't start anymore when I remove the hash from the Pubstat-line. I even generated a new Id, removed the IP-bind, but this also doesn't seem to work. I also tried entering the Id with and without quotes in de LFSLapper.lpr file... Anyone having an idea?
Quote from YamaSuba.NL :No-one having trouble with the PubStatIdk?
Over here it doesn't work anymore for some reason.
Or rather, LFSLapper won't start anymore when I remove the hash from the Pubstat-line. I even generated a new Id, removed the IP-bind, but this also doesn't seem to work. I also tried entering the Id with and without quotes in de LFSLapper.lpr file... Anyone having an idea?

Hi YamaSuba,

In LFSLapper.lpr you have to use something like this

$PubStatIdk ="TH1sIsAFaK31XxP0p5YjJr7mP99GLgB5n";
Yeah, sure. That I do know.. It is in there for ages..
Problem is it doesn't work anymore...
Hello,

New little update :

+----------------------------+
|Changes from v5.712 to 5.713|
+----------------------------+
1. Flags players for current player tested also when on track and changed( mouse,view,...,etc)

2. Add new event : OnLapperStart
this event is triggereg when lapper start

3. Add GlobalVar ident to define var that are global and visible on each event.
Event OnLapperStart()
GlobalVar $myvar;

$myvar = "it's a test";
EndEvent

This var now it's visible in all event and can be used or changed. All modification are visible
on other event.

Gai-Luron
Hi Gai,
I think we all need a new variable for our Admin Panels....

I want to be able to press the Blue Flag button on my admin panel and Lapper sends a message rcm, privmsg or msg to the driver your watching. If I am in my car and not spectating and press the Blue Flag Button it goes out to all drivers instead.

Kick and Ban would also be useful this way, so we can Kick or Ban Driver spectating on.

Not sure if this is possible but would aid our Admin Panels if it is.

Thanks for all you effort.
First of all, thanks for the little update.

I have some questions about it:

- What do you mean with Flags Players and is there anything to configure on this?
- Which kind of events do you think about when Lapper starts?
- This Globalvar can be set by player and if so, is it possible to set more vars?

Thanks for the answers.

Again I've cleaned up the config-file and I hope you will use this as basis for the next release.

- I noticed some vars that arent's used anymore I think: $Split1,$Split2,$Split3
Please remove them if they are obsolete.

- I've includes vars $origT and $origL

- Var $toto in connect message returns (unknown) and isn't documented yet

- See command options. I think the part about userauthentication is obsolete since patch Z. If so, please remove that part.

I hope you don't mind the fact I'm trying to think with you and help you out a little bit.
Attached files
LFSLapper.txt - 39.8 KB - 344 views
Help with Scheduled Action
Hi

Can you help me with Scheduled Action, as I don't know where I'm going wrong (using V5.632 but probably applies to all).

I have various actions schedule to happen at various times, e.g.

19 23 0 * * * : 19 23 1 * * *|/rcm Sinanju is a keyboarder so may be unable to respond quickly:/rcm_all|

I don't want them all going off exactly on the half hour, or hour, or such, so have staggered them.

In the example above, I want the message to go out 23 mins and 19 seconds after the hour, every hour, but this doesn't seem to happen.

Am I doing it right, or do I need to do something like

19 23 0 * * * : 19 23 1 * * * : 19 23 2 * * * : 19 23 3 * * * : 19 23 4 * * * : 19 23 5 * * * ....etc etc etc....... : 19 23 23 * * *|/rcm Sinanju is a keyboarder so may be unable to respond quickly:/rcm_all|

Thanks.
ABout Flags, it's Flags that are used for : Event OnNotMatchFlags()

Event LapperStart() is usefull to set globalvar or playervar ( soon ) at start of lapper. No number limitation for vars, be carefull do not use same name as builtin var like $SectorSplit1, etc.. . To avoid this issue, you can prefix all your globals var with "Glob_" example $Glob_myvar . The script must be more lisible and you will see immediatly globals var.

Comming soon playerVar

playerVar $myvar = 12;

the value is the default value for this player when he connect to server. Script can change it in player event. the new value is set only for the current player who triggered Event, unlike globalVar that is global for all players

I don't want remove Split1.. Split3, because you don't use it but other admin lapper can use it if needed.

$toto is a test var i forgot to remove

for userauthentification, i know but i remove it when i find time to do . This don't stop working application

Gai-Luron
Quote from sinanju :Hi

19 23 0 * * * : 19 23 1 * * * : 19 23 2 * * * : 19 23 3 * * * : 19 23 4 * * * : 19 23 5 * * * ....etc etc etc....... : 19 23 23 * * *|/rcm Sinanju is a keyboarder so may be unable to respond quickly:/rcm_all|

Thanks.

This lapper version is obsolete.

Correct syntax is for every 23 th minute and 19s of each hour

19 23 * * * * |/rcm Sinanju is a keyboarder so may be unable to respond quickly:/rcm_all|
Quote from YamaSuba.NL :No-one having trouble with the PubStatIdk?

One of those stupid things.. For some reason the $-sign which should be at the start had disappeared. It's working now!
Quote from Andy King :Hi Gai,
I think we all need a new variable for our Admin Panels....

I want to be able to press the Blue Flag button on my admin panel and Lapper sends a message rcm, privmsg or msg to the driver your watching. If I am in my car and not spectating and press the Blue Flag Button it goes out to all drivers instead.

Kick and Ban would also be useful this way, so we can Kick or Ban Driver spectating on.

Not sure if this is possible but would aid our Admin Panels if it is.

Thanks for all you effort.

Andy,

You can use openglobalbutton in case of rcm.
So you can show all players a text without sitting in a car
Something like this.

Register MsgAction("!blue",MA_blue);
Sub MA_blue()
$allow = "&./admin.txt";
openGlobalButton( "blue",40,50,120,15,10,4,0,"^4RESPECT BLUE FLAGS QUICKLY",);
EndSub

And for kick / ban

Register MsgAction("!ban",MA_ban);
Sub MA_ban()
$allow = "&./admin.txt";
cmdLFS( "/ban " . $argv . " 1" );
EndSub

Register MsgAction("!kick",MA_kick);
Sub MA_kick()
$allow = "&./admin.txt";
cmdLFS( "/kick " . $argv );
EndSub
Hi Gai-Luron,

I maked a on connect massage for new people who join my server for the first time and show them the rules on that server,
and people who already drove more then 5 lap's on that server get a welcome massage with there stats( pb , laps drove ,spb ,distance)
This work's great on a server with one type of car.(on [NLR]#3 (demo FBM) and on [NLR]#5 (S2 fox on BL1).

But on a server with more typs of car's (GTR) i get by on connect $Laps (lap's done =0)
Lapper don't know the number of lap's for the car's.( If you sit in a car it work's fine).
Is it posible to create something like $Laps FXR or $Laps XFR?

IF ($Laps < 5)
THEN
openPrivButton( "welc",25,50,150,14,11,-1,96,"^7Welcome " . $Nickname . " the RULES are.....bla bla bla.." );
openPrivButton( "clos",38,150,20,10,10,-1,32,"Accept",OnConnectClose );
openPrivButton( "ref",63,150,20,10,10,-1,32,"Deny",OnConnectCloseKick );
ELSE
openPrivButton( "welc",25,50,150,14,11,-1,96,"^7Welcome Back " . $Nickname . " ^7(" . $Username . ")" ) bla bla bla..;
openPrivButton( "clos",38,150,20,10,10,-1,32,"Enter",OnConnectClose );
openPrivButton( "ref",63,150,20,10,10,-1,32,"Cancel",OnConnectCloseKick );
ENDIF

Second question:
At the end of LFSLapper.lpr is a part Overriding options.
For what and when can i use that??

Third one to all:
How and where is the BAN list and how to edit this?
Is it posible to have 1 ban list for all server's??
Quote from Tim NL :Hi Gai-Luron,

Third one to all:
How and where is the BAN list and how to edit this?
Is it posible to have 1 ban list for all server's??

Hi Tim, here's the ban editor, you need to put it into your lfs server folder.
As far as i know there is no way to have the ban file for all servers unless you have all the servers setup in one folder and not a good idea.
Attached files
LFSBanEditor.zip - 330.1 KB - 407 views
Hi All.

Tim: Thanks for that but I want Ban, Spectate, Kick to work on a button click from my Admin Panel and Lapper cannot do that yet and I am using the Global Button for other things so know about that. Thanks anyway.

Ninja: Thanks for the BanListEditor been looking for that for ages.

Gai: Keep up the great work as I am making the most of Lapper, if you would like to see my Admin Panel go the [AKM] Racing 2 and type !Admin as you have admin rights in txt file, let me know what you think.

Thanks all for your help
Hi Andy, i'd like to see your admin panel any chance of getting a look at your config file or the code please, and thanks in advance.
Hello,

i have the following problem with the Lapper 5.713. The Lapper gives me a Error and i dont know how i make it right.

Syntax error in cfg file: Token not catched at line #0 in function 'WebReturnFunction' script aborted

Thanks
UltimateGER
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG