The online racing simulator
If you were made to either use auto clutch or assign a clutch to an axis wouldn't that stop this thing all together or am i not understanding?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If you were made to either use auto clutch or assign a clutch to an axis wouldn't that stop this thing all together or am i not understanding?

Using the script system to invert the axis and back again is in effect a button clutch I think.
I though it was an in-game addon that changes the gearbox
In this case it isn't honnest at all
Quote from r4ptor :
And that matters because...? Most ppl currently change gears with auto clutch and a click on a button/paddle/shifter. Where's the skill, or even effort in that?

There's no skill you're right, but have you seen the script? is way faster than default auto clutch in LFS, i woud say .4-.3 but it's' way faster...

Quote from Worm :ok, i will do it with the RB4 on aston antional.
Maybe not today but during the week.

I bet a 2:04
Quote from anibarro :I've never used that "script", I'm not a good driver, just and average one, but I use to race against arrechee and zanini, who does, and can't see the point to call them cheaters. Is not something like "wallhack" on counterstrike, is something that is on the game and would like someone to explain me why exits such an option (button clutch) in LFS. What is button clutch supposed to be for then?

Arreche didnt use it PrePatch Y, and he was the best spanish racer out there (hotlaps) so why start using it? only because some others started to use it too?...
BTW I think the Rb4 WR at Fe Green is with the script too... and not by spanish people
Quote from Sir moi 407 :In this case it isn't honnest at all

While I'm inclined to agree, it is hard to see it as being more "dishonest" than say using a wheel with wheel rotation set to 240deg or reducing FFB so low that it doesn't impede your reaction times or modifying the default skid sound files in LFS to help you hear the limit of traction better or.... throwing the whole aurgument upside down, how about making a more realistic brake based on a load cell, or having a three monitor setup? Are they cheats as they give you functionality that other racers cant hope to match.

Quote from chanoman315 :I bet a 2:04

How much are we betting? If it is as much as 0.4 sec I'd be quite suprised. Would really like to know and Worm is a good unbiased (well maybe not unbiased but at least will test fairly) candidate to try it.
Quote from kaynd :
ffs scripting takes no driver’s skill…

Quote from r4ptor :And that matters because...? Most ppl currently change gears with auto clutch and a click on a button/paddle/shifter. Where's the skill, or even effort in that?

You pay a price on slow shifts by using autoclutch... If you decide to develop that skill (shift using manual clutch) you can achieve faster shifts.
The script gives you unreal perfect shifts in any condition, effortless.

Sorry I am not willing to argue anymore about that, if you don't get it, it’s ok.

I personaly think it's just another exploit not a cheat.
It's only a cheat if it violates a rule. Otherwise it is only a loophole/exploit.
as I reckon using an exploit is cheating, besides categorizing it doesn't make it right or fair. There isn't much that we can do about this right now but hope that Scawen changes the way button clutch works, the best solution I can think of is to fix the the button clutch and autoclutch rate at the same speed.
This is ridiculous!! What a bunch of cheaters....
Whats wrong with the normal way of changing gears? Do you really need to exploit the game to obtain a few thents in lap times?
Everybody knows the last thents are the hardest to break and requires a lot of laps to achieve, and this kids come here and use the cheat to gain advantage

ps: some are stupid enough to not understand why we need button clutch: when you crash, button clutch is good to not burn the clutch. And yeah like above post says, it must be changed the way it works.
Quote from kaynd :You pay a price on slow shifts by using autoclutch... If you decide to develop that skill (shift using manual clutch) you can achieve faster shifts.

I'm not defending the method - just expressing my opinion that if LFS allowed it, then fine by me. But if you could only do this by using other software, then it's not.
Quote :While I'm inclined to agree, it is hard to see it as being more "dishonest" than say using a wheel with wheel rotation set to 240deg or reducing FFB so low that it doesn't impede your reaction times or modifying the default skid sound files in LFS to help you hear the limit of traction better or.... throwing the whole aurgument upside down, how about making a more realistic brake based on a load cell, or having a three monitor setup? Are they cheats as they give you functionality that other racers cant hope to match.

The difference is that nearly everybody put the wheel at 240degrees... I mean that's LFS options.
We bought the game and LFS gives us these options...
But this thing isn't an LFS option and it gives and advantage to people that know that "mod" that isn't an LFS option
The thing with the script which everyone seems to forget (exept Duck :o) and is the most important, is that it doesnt work on all pc's. That means it does give an unfair advantage to those that can make it work.
It is not a cheat, it is unfair however, and at the risk of beeing called a 'whiner' or a 'moaner', this is something that should have been fixed by the devs a long time ago. This discussion has been going on for years, all because of a flaw that could be fixed by the devs.

I'm sure guys like pecholobo wouldnt mind if the script couldnt be used any more, he (and others) just use whatever means possible to get the maximum out of lfs and its restrictions.
In my opinion, unless it changes the games coding, it is not a cheat, or hack. It is an exploit.

In my opinion, its no worse than those people who play Call Of Duty and have a controller with a "Turbo" button. (a button that repeats a keystroke really quickly).

Im not supporting its use. I dont use it, and would rather people didnt use it, but no need to go slaughtering people who do want to use it.
Quote from aIM BLR :Remark. G25 have 500 Hz USB. DFP 125 Hz. Users G25 is cheaters, they play LFS in 4 time frequently.

Good lord you are stupid. G25 users are cheaters because Logitech manufactured them to be of higher quality in every aspect to the DFP, including response time? Hell, according to you, I can go "cheat" right now by using my mouse which runs at 1000 RPS (Reports per second)
#90 - arco
Quote from anibarro :You lose almost all of the time on the chicane of last sector, where there is no gear change.without clutch, just doing it at propper revolutions? are they cheating?

Don't forget that with button clutch script, you're also reaching top speed faster. So if you loose a little in corners, you make up for it on the straights.

As Worm, I will be posting a comparison hotlap later, where I'm going almost at my full speed potential, with and without the script.
If people use a script to change gears fast, then I would look on it as a cheat.
I am not going to argue and using 30 minutes to hammer down my anger in a post, but make this clear - If I ever race against one, that admits / I find out he is using a script to gain unfair advatages - then I will ignore you, and do my best to get the rest of the server to hate you. I am amazed that there are people using exploits like this, and really, I hope you lose your lisence you ****ing wankers. Yeah, I am pissed, maybe it's not that much of a gain, but it is some, and it's unfair. I hope Scawen see's this and ban these damn idiots fast as possible.
What is next? Scripting that learn the brake points, and then doing super braking every time?

I hate scripters, and I recommend people to ban people using it if they see it online, maybe make a blacklist of people using exploits.

Edit : this whole post is silly, but I allways get's offended by people that are so misserable that they need to cheat to be competative.
I'm with The Very End, he expresses it the way I feel also. It undermines not only hotlapping, but competitive online systems like CTRA, which I use a lot. Often I suspected some kind of magic going on with the pedals of some other drivers. I often look at faster drivers, with pedal display on to learn from them.
But lately after watching some drivers blipping the throttle on downshifts, exact max rpm at downshift everytime(right amount of pedal pressure for blip), perfect upshifts etc. Ok maybe I sucked.
Only to see some of them when accelerating after complete throttle lift off which was instant and application of throttle was also instant. Nothing in between like the blipping. Get's me completely furious when seeing they are only using a mouse.
So here I am fighting with the pedals to be competetive and some tards with a mouse apply the perfect amount of pedal pressure at shifting. No problem perse, but AFAIK a mouse has no analog buttons. Needless to say any form of competition is useless this way, and makes me sometimes wonder why we even F****** drive online.
Quote from The Very End :If people use a script to change gears fast, then I would look on it as a cheat.
I am not going to argue and using 30 minutes to hammer down my anger in a post, but make this clear - If I ever race against one, that admits / I find out he is using a script to gain unfair advatages - then I will ignore you, and do my best to get the rest of the server to hate you. I am amazed that there are people using exploits like this, and really, I hope you lose your lisence you ****ing wankers. Yeah, I am pissed, maybe it's not that much of a gain, but it is some, and it's unfair. I hope Scawen see's this and ban these damn idiots fast as possible.
What is next? Scripting that learn the brake points, and then doing super braking every time?

I hate scripters, and I recommend people to ban people using it if they see it online, maybe make a blacklist of people using exploits.

Edit : this whole post is silly, but I allways get's offended by people that are so misserable that they need to cheat to be competative.

Sorry but I had to lol. And most people that use it are REALLY competitive cause it's not like this script will give you 1 second advantage..
#94 - Worm
I tried this scripts on AS3 RB4, and i beat my WR.
2.06.37 instead of 2.06.45
And 2.06.35 is possible of course.
For me, you can win easily 0.1 on this combo if you use manual clutch.
And like someone said, the last tenth are the harder to earn...
So use the manual clutch srcipt to do it is unfair for me.
Because it very hard to do 2.06.37 without this script, the lap of my dream was 2.06.39 with auto clutch.....
And i noticed something else. The car has more control in the enter of corner, and more stable at braking.
So when i see that pecholobo beat my wr at FE2 FXO by only O.O1 with this script, this is a good reason to be desapointed.
And, i m sure the RB4 is not the best car to test this script, i m sure this script works better with other car like UFR for example.
Well that was my report, in live from lfsworld ^^
You can check the replay if you want, i will let it on lfsworld for a few days.
Shame reading about this unfair cheating, I don't hotlap anymore, but online races are/will be unfair also.

I suppose "script kiddies" will always be around exploiting the fair players.

I dont see the need to rant swear or insult anyone for it tho.

Its not all about winning for me, I try to do my fair share I enjoy the reacing, it has allways been with the belief that the playing field was somwhat level, until now.

SD.
-Worm
That just proves that it is unfair
(oui oui c'est moi :P)
#97 - arco
In patch Y I held the wr on AS2R/RB4, with 1:13.08. Then the spanish community had a league race there and was hotlapping the combo like crazy. Only 3 persons beat my time, and of those 3, 2 were using button clutch. The one that didn't did a 1:13.02 I think. The other 2, I believe arrechee did 1:12.5x something, and Zanini 1:12.77. Needless to say I was quite dissappointed, and decided to try and see how fast I could go using clutch script. Well, I did the excact time as Zanini, 1:12.77, a whole 0.31 sec faster than my normal lap!
Quote from diablo21 :Sorry but I had to lol. And most people that use it are REALLY competitive cause it's not like this script will give you 1 second advantage..

Quote from diablo21 :Sorry but I had to lol. And most people that use it are REALLY competitive cause it's not like this script will give you 1 second advantage..

Still those 0.1-0.3 sec each lap can make the difference between FAIL and glory. Trust me, sometimes it's about .xxx seconds, and then it will work as a cheat.

If they where good from before, why would they use script then?
Did it feed their ego or something?

I hope some people will be banned for this, since it's clearly cheating / exploiting of the game.
Quote from tiagolapa :

Quote from arco :In patch Y I held the wr on AS2R/RB4, with 1:13.08. Then the spanish community had a league race there and was hotlapping the combo like crazy. Only 3 persons beat my time, and of those 3, 2 were using button clutch. The one that didn't did a 1:13.02 I think. The other 2, I believe arrechee did 1:12.5x something, and Zanini 1:12.77. Needless to say I was quite dissappointed, and decided to try and see how fast I could go using clutch script. Well, I did the excact time as Zanini, 1:12.77, a whole 0.31 sec faster than my normal lap!

When Arrechee is on it 3 or 4 tenths will go down even if he uses normal clutch. He is just too good. lol

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG