The online racing simulator
rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
thank you mate, very good addon, but could u fix all bugs in it?
it stalls engine very often, when i set rpm limit sometimes it gives me 3 or 2 blam blam, then engine stalls and sometimes it just goes to max rpm's and do no blam blam adn sometimes engine stalls when it goeas to max rpm's and i release accelerator
Quote from mxpxun :thank you mate, very good addon, but could u fix all bugs in it?
it stalls engine very often, when i set rpm limit sometimes it gives me 3 or 2 blam blam, then engine stalls and sometimes it just goes to max rpm's and do no blam blam adn sometimes engine stalls when it goeas to max rpm's and i release accelerator

READ:

BUGS
====
- lfsrevlimiter going out of sync with cars engine state
Its the main problem why I have gave up working on this program.
Problem is that there is no possibility to read if the cars engine is on or off. Assuming that its "on" while program starts, every time "I" is pressed, it changes engines ignition. Problem is that when key is pressed for shorter time then 17ms (at least on my computer) it sometimes isnt recognised by lfs, so it goes out of sync while emulating oldschool revlimiter - pressing "I" manually puts it back in sync again for short time.
Workaround? I could read if user is pressing gas pedal and asume that if revs are dropping that it has gone out of sync... but what if your in the middle of climbing a hill etc.
Damn U people are very Clever, Bravo

Ps. Sounds cool with the XRT Weber 40 DCOE sound in lfs 0.5v
#29 - 13OB
Quote from Kittopaul :Damn U people are very Clever, Bravo

Where did you get the Weber sound?
Quote from Kittopaul :Damn U people are very Clever, Bravo

and where did u get XRT from.

*edit* the program(s) arent working for me, i set my rev limit value in the .exe program screen and nothing happens :/
followed all the steps
#31 - 13OB
Quote from MrPDR :and where did u get XRT from.

He said Patch V. Demo can use XRT in patch V
Quote from MrPDR :and where did u get XRT from.

Quote :Ps. Sounds cool with the XRT Weber 40 DCOE sound in lfs 0.5v

But i think he lies
#33 - 13OB
I am Using Patch V Because u can still use the XRT there so i created a Sound for the XRT that Sounds like It Has ITB's/Weber's with K&N's, I can share it with you.
Stop spamming it works for me but as the author of the topic sais there are some very nasty bugs
#36 - LewX
Its not working at all for me. It just sometimes turns the engine off.
Quote from LewX :Its not working at all for me. It just sometimes turns the engine off.

Yer, like Tommy said it's got bugs....

It works fine for me , sometimes the engine will turn off , just turn it back on , btw LewX what Delay have you got it on. Dunno if this is true or not, but I find that the engine rarely cuts out when the Delay is just left on 17

Anyway Tommy this is a great mod great fun for cruising and works well in racing aswell, super stuff for 4 hours work keep up the great work
There is a way (NOT cracking) to enable XRT and reversed blackwood tracks in demo (also layouts, but it does work only in training).
Try turning the Rev Limit to 7200rpm and the delay to 23 and it works very well for me, has power on the limiter it's great thank you very much wooo
#40 - LewX
Quote from adamlfs :Yer, like Tommy said it's got bugs....

It works fine for me , sometimes the engine will turn off , just turn it back on , btw LewX what Delay have you got it on. Dunno if this is true or not, but I find that the engine rarely cuts out when the Delay is just left on 17

Anyway Tommy this is a great mod great fun for cruising and works well in racing aswell, super stuff for 4 hours work keep up the great work

Well for the delay i just kept it at 17 so maybe thats why. I will try Drift Junkie's settings.

EDIT: Wat do you suggest the rpm cutout be for xrg.
yep i have too weber sound.
Quote from Shadowww :There is a way (NOT cracking) to enable XRT and reversed blackwood tracks in demo (also layouts, but it does work only in training).

Yes there is one way BUY THE GAME
Quote from LewX :Well for the delay i just kept it at 17 so maybe thats why. I will try Drift Junkie's settings.

EDIT: Wat do you suggest the rpm cutout be for xrg.

If You're using Y or Z the XRG has about 7.5k on rpm so put about 7.3k-7.4k into the appz to have a realistic sound!
Can anyone make a preview (youtube vid if possible) to show how this works, please?
Made an update for lfsrevlimiter

Current version 0.9 - almost alpha
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~tsulkows/lfs_revlimiter/

- Added preview video.
- Settings as well as revlimit for each car is saved on program exit.
- Optimized algorithm a bit to prevent desync.
- More user-friendly

To set delay properly:
first set it quite high (around 50) and test if it works good in lfs, then lower it a bit and test again - do it until you find lowest value where lfs_revlimiter doesn't get out of sync with lfs.
Tommy this is brilliant work ! I have no problems with it at all great stuff !
I cant get this to work and i really want it .

Any other things you could think of? I followed the instructions but it does'nt even say im driving a car, and it just does'nt work. Any help?
Yup, i dont everything as said in the instructions.

I remember when using those custom dial things, i had to put /insim=2999 or something in LFS>properties. Do i have to do this here too?

EDIT:! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WORKSS!

For some reason, when i edited the CFG, it did'nt save. So i had to overwrite and "save as". Either way, this mod rocks. WOO!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I cant get this to work and i really want it .

Any other things you could think of? I followed the instructions but it does'nt even say im driving a car, and it just does'nt work. Any help?

.Net framework 2.0 at least do u have this?
i tried it with 17 , 25 and 50 ms, with 17 and 25 engine staled like in old version, but with 50 ms it works very good

Lower than 32 ms stals engine for me
thank you Nice thing. Works well if there's no lag

rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG