The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y32 - Final Test
(124 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Woz :Scawen: With the XRR when I look left/right I get a small triangle appear as the view gets past about 50%.

That kind of thing depends on the FOV you use. It's probably the side of the seat, and the part of the seat even nearer to you got Z-clipped.
Is it easy to reduce the minimum Z-clipping distance? Because if so, that would fix the ugly clipping of both head guards and single seater interiors.
It's easy to change the Z-clipping distance but it has consequences - Z buffer resolution is decreased.
Ah, so that would mean more overlapping in the distance, bummer
Quote from Andy King :Hi,
I was testing Y32 just on my server when a new guest joined and left the pits in XRR. I pulled into the pitlane shortly after and thought I would have a nose at his car while waiting. This is what I saw which to me don't look right.

Just been back and as a spectator the car looks fine in spectator mode.

Someone please join [AKM] Racing UK Y32 Server in XRR within next 25 mins as going to bed. Too late off bed.

Don't worry, you are not out of graphics memory.

That is the pit-out glitch reduction system. That would have been the first person to drive an XRR since you joined the host. So it would have avoided loading his textures while you were driving, to stop you getting big glitches and spinning off into a wall.

If you had stopped anywhere else on the track, or the race restarted, or you joined the spectators, his textures would have been loaded up. However, his textures were not loaded because you were in a pit stop. A pit stop is the only time when you car can be stopped but texture loading is still suppressed.

So... not really a bug, and not worth changing today as it would be a little complicated and could have some side effects. LFS just doesn't have any code to decide that you are in a pit stop but aren't really in your car so would not mind about some small glitches. Sounds easy enough and I'm sure it is but it's too big a change to do on Patch Day.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Were there extra screens added after the exit screen? I used to be able to click through all of them and the game would exit, now I kept clicking and the game wouldn't exit. I had to press a button on the keyboard to exit. Is there a way to disable all those screens at the end?

Always been that way. It's like that when you are in demo mode (locked). Y32 is locked so when you exited, you were still in Demo mode, so you saw the demo exit screens. Unlock to S2 and they wont display.
Quote from dauwe :please, fix the problem with the 5th gear (XFR). sometimes the 5th gear doesn't work. and i'm not the only one with that problem. sometimes we have to use the shifter between 2 - 5 times to change from gear 4 to 5.

I can't seem to reproduce this. Could it be something to do with your setup? Like gear ratios or something? I've done a few laps with default setup and it changed gear every time.
Happens sometimes to me too , but i cant reproduce it when i want .I have problems with 1. to 2. gear , i shift, but just the revs get lower ... (Tested with automatic clutch , mouse and default setup, XFR)
Once I had problems with Formula V8 changing gears from 4 to 5, and maybe 5 to 6. It was caused by intake restriction (20-30% maybe) I believe.
Had to try several times or throttle lift manualy. Can't try it now at work.
#60 - Byku
Are You using some kind of tweaker?
I think there was a problem some time ago with the sequential gearbox, but that was in the FOX or FO8. If you were in a high gear (+speed), had certain gear ratios and had headwind, you couldn't change gear. IIRC this was because the ignition did cut when you pressed the shift button, but the headwind somehow caused the transmission to be loaded (car slows down faster than flywheel?) which prevented the shift. It would then shift at some point once you slowed down enough.
omfg!!! i cant wait for patch Z!!! also confirmed that im getting S2 sometime soon (hopefully during this holiday - until tuesday 24th june!)
Quote from Dru :Again, sorry for being silly, but why is the light in patch Y30/32 not able to be as bright as in Y24? even with the different colour bezel - it is still clearly brighter?

I've had a look into it and the reason I gave previously was wrong. The actual reason why the lights are dimmer is because of the overlay texture Eric used to cover the gauges. The texture with holes in it where the lights are, those holes are not perfectly clear, they have some deliberate lack of transparency.

Anyway I've made the lights a tiny bit brighter by giving them a tiny bit of saturation (in RGB terms, on the red light, the R part stayed at maximum, but I've added a tiny bit of G and B to it).

That's all I can do for now.
Offtopic

Only one question about the future of LFS:

Today Live for Speed S2 Alpha Z is going to released!

But how does it continue? Live for Speed S2 Beta A or Live for Speed S3 Beta A

In case of LFS S3 Beta, do we have to pay for the next but one patch?
#65 - feat
E : Woops, wrong answer.

Limited - In my opinion it wont be S3 yet, but couple Z patches, then will be a little break and then will come S3, because Dev's need some work to do i guess.
Well, if we need to pay from Demo to S1, From S1 to S2, then im 99.(9)% sure that this will pay too. :/
No tweak. Just deafault or race_s setup with restriction. Wind was probably on. Your explanation, Android, seems right. So gearbox kick should be stronger, or ignition cut longer?
I won't be doing any more physics changes. Actually I am finished now unless there are any serious bugs that come up today while we get everything ready.

It'll just be, the ignition cut isn't perfect (they are tricky to set up in real life as well) and if you are driving into a headwind you'd better release the throttle a fraction while changing gear. Anyway winds are more predictable now so if you take a look at the flags and wind turbines you'll have a quite good idea where the wind is coming from.

It's quite impossible to make changes to something like that now without danger of side effects.
@pasibrzuch: The transmission would need to be less sensitive to load. But it's hard to balance that, otherwise you could easily bugger up other cars, for example making the FBM too easy to shift or similar.
Since we are all talking about shift lights, I think the RPM LEDs should have a smaller range to them.

For example, in the new FOX dashboard the first LED comes on at 5000rpm. The power band doesn't even start until 6500rpm (red line is 7500). The result of this is that most of the LEDs stay on for the whole race and are useless, and you only have about 4 LEDs to use for predicting when to shift.

I already made a post in the Improvement Suggestion section, and attached a video of how the LEDs are setup in an F1 car (just an example) Does anyone else agree with me? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45014
Quote from LiMiTED :Offtopic

Only one question about the future of LFS:

You know what, off topic is not allowed in the test patch section, it just distracts me and wastes my time, and that of people who are reading in here.

It's not ok to post off topic in here, even if your post starts with the words off topic.

The only things I want to hear about now are serious problems that mean we cannot release Patch Z without a fix.

---

About shift lights and so on, please remember there is a future, LFS development does not end here. Patch Z is not perfect, and that is OK.
Hey scawen, try to go out from pits with XFR , press clutch , full throttle , release clutch ... then shift , just the revs get lower, its not going into second .
See the replay ..
Attached files
bug_xfr_shift.spr - 6.7 KB - 332 views
It's a very nice update But i think have a little bug.The rear window's warm system lines not very visible :S I think make a bit sharpness that.And take rev-limiter to patch Z pls ^^ (Its not a big update but that take lfs to more realistic)
how come I didn't get any unlocksnow I can't unlock it as I had none left
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Hey scawen, try to go out from pits with XFR , press clutch , full throttle , release clutch ... then shift , just the revs get lower, its not going into second .
See the replay ..

Happens to me too, also with other cars. But I don't know if it's like that in reality or not.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Hey scawen, try to go out from pits with XFR , press clutch , full throttle , release clutch ... then shift , just the revs get lower, its not going into second .
See the replay ..

I don't understand what the problem is. Are you telling me Patch Z cannot be released because of this?

Quote from KENWOOD :It's a very nice update But i think have a little bug.The rear window's warm system lines not very visible :S I think make a bit sharpness that.And take rev-limiter to patch Z pls ^^ (Its not a big update but that take lfs to more realistic)

I guess this is a joke, but I'm not laughing.

I have a lot of preparations to do but I am keeping an eye on this thread in case any very bad bugs are found. The resolution of a rear window heater is not going to stop Patch Z being released.

Please calm down and don't waste my time for no reason. How many times will I need to ask this?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y32 - Final Test
(124 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG