The online racing simulator
Quote from Riders Motion :+1 I tought E-Kar said he would work on them as soon as Patch Y was released but it never happened. I know he recently moved so it might be part of the reason why I'm still using stock Fern Bay textures...

using sands of fern bay looks good
Quote from mutt107 :using sands of fern bay looks good

I use them but I don't quite like to feel like I'm in Saudi Arabia...
Here's just a small update on the high-res track thing. Unseen and I have been talking and we felt that during/following the release of patch Z, we'll work on getting an updated version of the high-res tracks out. The last couple of patches have moved graphic files around a bit which has meant some of the high-res stuff doesn't work anymore. Also, some textures have changed slightly graphically, like ads, etc- and the new pack will reflect those alterations.

There won't be any drastic changes, nor much new content (no Fern Bay for instance), mostly just a better working, more compatible and up to date track pack. We'll also include alternative texture files for the imperial system (mph signs) and toss in a couple curb alternatives for Blackwood that we have. We can't say when it will be released but it will hopefully be shortly after the arrival of patch Z. It won't be before then.

Lovely jubbly!
Nice to hear, EK Thanks!
Any progress, Electrik?
Not long now. We've been updating textures, mainly at Blackwood and Aston- and that's been the main delay. We originally planned to simply re-release the old pack, but actually we've re-visited quite a few of the old textures and made some improvements, mostly subtle. There are some new ones also. Almost there
Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to add normal-mapped textures to the texture-pack?
There's no engine support for normal mapped textures at present. It's something I'd really like to see happen sometime, but that might be a long time down the road, and may never come. It's very cool stuff if you're into textures, but I can't really see it helping the racing side of things very much.
How's it going with the progress mate?

And sorry for bumping, but had hoped he had some updates to the people waiting for this
I`ve completed my side of the textures, and passed the full pack over to Mr. Kar, who should be working on a few last tweaks here and there sometime soon.

Shouldn`t be too long now
Sorry TVE, I've been sick. Very near release soon, but the few things left to do will have to fit in with school. The weekend seems like a good time to wrap things up.
So then we maybe are going to see a release next week?
Damn nice!

PS : Please post some teaser pictures, spesially of fern bay

May I ask one request, since your great at doing high-res stuff, could you please make high-res brake signs, like there is on SO and BL? It's not like that normal, but someone made high res brake signs for them that looked damn good, just wanted it for all tracks.

Kind of off topic, sorry
Quote from The Very End :someone made high res brake signs for them that looked damn good, just wanted it for all tracks.

+1 to that ! (and to some screens)

Cant wait to see your work guys!
Meh, TVE If you`d read further up the page a little bit I wouldn`t have had to tell you there aren`t any updates to Legoland, a.k.a Fern Bay, other than the various little bits and pieces on our hard drives. This is simply an update to the existing track pack, since maybe 30% of v1.0 doesn`t work anymore with patch Z.

For this version, we`ve improved a lot of the older textures, and added some newer stuff (as well as some alternate files) which cover Blackwood, Aston, Kyoto and Westhill.

There have always been high res distance markers in the track pack, and there still are in this one
Hhee
I thinking of the color marked high-res ones

Anyway, nice, looking forward to see it
Ah, high visibility ones like Cobra`s? - http://www.lfs-database.com/in ... onid=93&p13_fileid=71

I did actually think about making a set of them a while ago, but it wouldn`t have fitted in with the track pack philosophy of keeping the original look of the LFS textures, remade in a higher res.

I`ll see if I can come up with some optional alternate markers that fit the look of the tracks before we release this pack, but if it means delaying it, they won`t be in there.
That's the ones!
If you would find something that fit'ed there I would ne much thankfull.
very nice

sticky?
Me wants to see what he deos to the new BL1 for a few days with my mew pc ive beighn running those textures

And i have to say they look good I am very pleased
I really like these skins for Blackwood, they're awesome!

Question: Does this pack make your FPS slower?
Quote from Olumuyiwa :I really like these skins for Blackwood, they're awesome!

yes
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :yes

I thought so.

Sorry but I've had to replace my dds folder with the default files because my FPS was going to 4.5 and 17.2 at highest.
Quote from Olumuyiwa :I really like these skins for Blackwood, they're awesome!

No!

I lost (no shit, this is actually) like 3-5 FPS at most. That's maybe because I have a pretty solid computer. If you got a computer with enough ram and pretty ok spec's it won't be a problem at all

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG