The online racing simulator
Momo control settings
(9 posts, started )
Momo control settings
Hey all, just bought my new Logitech Momo - Really happy with it :P

I'm doing much better with the more powerful RWD cars.. however, I am now completely hopeless at drifting The "snap" of the wheel and the FF in general is too much and interferes a little....

What FF settings do you guys use? Both in LFS, and in the Logitech profile manager... ?? (Overall, spring effect, damper effect etc.. ??)

Or do I just need practice with the current settings? Thanks!
Most people will tell you to set spring and damper to 0% but personally with my momo that makes the ffb do very strange things. (Many believe these settings somehow add effects to what LFS generates but there's really no proof that I've seen that this is the case)
I've just left the default settings as is at 100% and use about 40% ffb strength in LFS. I think most people when they get a new wheel make the mistake of having the strength too high, imo it's a case of less is more.
I think you will struggle though for a little while in any case when you first start using a ffb wheel. You will start getting more and more accustomed to it though till you reach a point where you just won't be able to do without it.
There are so many threads on this already, please use the search feature next time

The first one I found was this. I hope it helps you.
Quote from AndroidXP :The first one I found was this. I hope it helps you.

The first post is mine but it's not a recommendation, it's just my own preference.

But it is recommended (even by the dev Scawen) to turn off "Spring Effect" and "Damper Effect" strengths in the Logitech Profiler (and make sure you are using the latest driver/profiler version which is 4.60). It's recommended to turn off because LFS doesn't use those effects.

So your profiler settings should look like this:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
(or lower whatever you prefer, e.g. I have 55% because I have weak hands )
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%

Enable Centering Spring = checked, but set at 0%

And LFS FF ingame setting at whatever you prefer. And of course depending on the car, most of people use a value between 10-50%. It's really a personal preference but as 'tailing' already said higher FF isn't always better. Some people say FF strenght is good when you can do a countersteer with one hand.
Personnaly, i think the settings that help the most to remove the snap oversteer are remove deadzone settings and wheel turn compensation.

Personnaly i set WTC to about .45(personnal taste, also) . It helps alot.

Good luck
Quote from deggis :But it is recommended (even by the dev Scawen) to turn off "Spring Effect" and "Damper Effect" strengths in the Logitech Profiler

You'll notice in this post that Scawen initially says that you should set them to 0% but then later admits that he may be wrong so it is not certain.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=7645#post7645

If you read the link to the thread on RSC there is actually more evidence to say that setting damper and spring to 0% is the wrong thing to do.
Personally I think ffb is so subjective that you should use whatever feels best to you, it just annoys me that most people assume it is a given that the best setting is having spring and damper at 0% and always recommend to new people to do so.

I say experiment a bit and find what feels best for you, if that's settings of 0% then so be it.
I've played six months with the damper and spring effects turned on before I tried turning off and it felt so much better.

Because someone asks "what should settings should I use" I think it's pretty logical to suggest the settings that most of the players are using.
#8 - richy
i got myself a wheel! a DFP

its lovely, and when you put those settings in you start to feel those front tyres more like you would expect, little twitches here and there, a little rumble over the curbs but not too much to make driving hard.

try it you may like it .
#9 - mr_x
i have overall effect set at 70%, and in game set to 22%
not sure about the damper/spring (i'm at college at the mo), but im fairly sure i have them at around 50%

all makes driving my UF1 alot easier!

Momo control settings
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG