The online racing simulator
#1 - Megin
Check date when LFS download skins
Hello, in our local league we had this problem:

One racer use some skin named for example xyz. In second race he add to that skin some new graphic and leave that same name xyz. But we don't see his new skin even he uploaded it properly at LFS world, because we had old dss in computers.

So is it possible in future making date control of downloaded skins (skins used of racers at servers) between LFS World and local LFS clients?

Now if i want to avoid this situation I have to rename new skin - and than I’m sure that others players will download new one (in case that they have previous skin in dss files)
#2 - Jakg
LFS should already do this iirc.
IIRC Due to the fact that the old dds skin will be on people's computers, only people who HAVEN'T downloaded the old skin will see the new one. I have tested it with a skin I made for "Carefull when I need to"(My cousin).
@shaun463

If you change your skins on LFSworld they will update on the other players PC's only at certain events during program execution.

For a failed example: If you are both on track and you update your skin on LFSW, the other players files wont be updated unless they reconnect, you reconnect or you leave pits again. I'm not sure even leaving pits would be enough. You might have to reconnect to the server, or the other players might have to reconnect. I don't know 100%. But imagine the model the devs used when designing this system was an assumption that the person editing their skin isn't online/racing and is offline doing skins.

Sometimes I notice my auto-skin-download option disables itself, (usually when viewing a replay and selecting, DON'T DOWNLOAD or whatever it is) so make sure his auto-down skin wasn't disabled in MENU>>OPTIONS when you performed your test, I find many skin download problems occur because this option has somehow turned itself off. I see this occur at least once per week on other players PC's.
Quote from Megin :Hello, in our local league we had this problem:

One racer use some skin named for example xyz. In second race he add to that skin some new graphic and leave that same name xyz. But we don't see his new skin even he uploaded it properly at LFS world, because we had old dss in computers.

So is it possible in future making date control of downloaded skins (skins used of racers at servers) between LFS World and local LFS clients?

If you had exited LFS and restarted, it would get the new skin.

There is date control but it's limited to the time LFS started - because people's time clocks can be wrong, skins could sometimes get downloaded multiple times so this protection was added.

Anyway if his skin was in memory it wouldn't try to download it again anyway.

Short version - there is time control so if you upload a new skin other people will download it. But not if you upload it while they are already online and they have already seen you online with the same named skin.
#6 - Megin
Quote from Scawen :
Short version - there is time control so if you upload a new skin other people will download it. But not if you upload it while they are already online and they have already seen you online with the same named skin.

So if they restart LFS next time they will download new version of skin under same name. (in case if they have already seen old skin). Have i right?
Yes, it does replace old skins with a new skin with the same name.

Just not if the skin is already on your hard drive and was replaced after you last started LFS.

A replaced skin will always arrive with you in the end, even if you must restart LFS to get it.
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
noooooooo, like Scawen just said, maybe you had to restart LFS.
\o/

edit: OMG (sean463568947) removed his extra post. Now this one looks dumb sitting here. God I hate that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG