The online racing simulator
Excellent. Thanks a lot Scawen.

I tried it first with my work PC (XP, 3GB ram, E2180, 945G integrated graphics) which has worked ok with replays before. FPS was about 0.1.

But it works great with my gaming PC. Now watching 1H race replays is fun.
Omg i love the F*XX*NG New menu!
Quote from SamH :Absolutely awesome changes! I could cry!! Race and league admins everywhere are singing your name, Scawen. It's true, I can hear them!!

I totally agree.

I love it
Great work Scawen! Now it's much easier to make some screens, record videos etc. It'll save much time...
Quote from AndroidXP :One problem: it seems you cannot view the connection list in replay mode anymore. It sometimes flashes on for a random amount of time, but I can't seem to find a pattern to it. Looks like you can get it to display as long as you don't move the mouse while fooling around with Shift+F, though that doesn't exactly help

The pattern is : don't move the mouse for 2 seconds. Moving the mouse shows the timeline and removes the 2D HUD at the bottom of the screen.

Quote from Tweaker :New menu is cool, but why is there a picture of a DoN rallymobile? (eg Slicked car jumping in the dirt?)

That screen shot was made in 2005. It just took me a while to get round to improving the menu. Anyway this is not expected to be the final menu image.

Quote from Tweaker :New replay system is great and all but there is one problem. The mouse-activity to bring up the timeline is a bad thing for Shift+U mode when people make their own camera movements. If you want to move the mouse in that mode, the timeline pops up, which interferes with movie making.

That's why I've added the 3rd state to SHIFT+F, described in the first post. It's more convenient than before for movie making - the 3rd state removes all 2D display including all messages.

Quote from Kegetys :Replay controls are a nice addition, however I think some kind of keyframe system is needed, as currently it "scrolls" all the way from the beginning every time you click somewhere. Keyframes could be included in the replays, or generated when the replay is viewed and stored temporarily in memory to allow fast scrolling backwards.

I know what you mean but it would be hard. Those key frames would be images of the entire LFS state - the multiplayer system, the race system, physics system. Like "game saves". It's something I'd like to do at some time because it would also enable single player replays to be trimmed. Well, it's not really hard but would take a few days that I don't really have at the moment. The structures that would need to be saved (e.g. a car) contain so many variables and I'd have to look at each one to see if it should go in a game save. LFS just hasn't been designed with this in mind up to now.

EDIT : Although, for MPRs an easier thing could in fact be done, than a perfect game state save suitable for an SPR, using something like an MPR header. In short I imagine that will be done at some point but not in Patch Z.

EDIT 2 : You have got me thinking... anyway, it's on my notes now but I don't know when it will be done as I do have quite a lot of urgent things to do.

Quote from Kegetys :I think the timeline controls should also work while it is "scrolling", so you could move the target marker around and put it on pause too if the scrolling seems to take a very long time so it will pause when it reaches the point.

Press ESC at any time to stop the search in its current position.

Quote from R.Kolz :"FIX : Updated car load scripts FXR.lfs and XRR.lfs (now sequential)"

I hope it will make the popular FXR a bit faster. 15 out of 22 racers race the FXR at the famous CD1 server right now - and they´d applaud you big times if you got this car within a reach of the other two GTR´s.

It doesn't affect physics, it only affects people who edited certain script files.

Quote from SamH :Absolutely awesome changes! I could cry!! Race and league admins everywhere are singing your name, Scawen. It's true, I can hear them!!

The mouse appearing during hide-all Shift+U is definitely going to be an issue for moviemakers.. there's no way now to hide the mouse any more.

Just press SHIFT+F to get to the third state.
Whee a great patch with some great additions and beautiful new menu
I got a small problem with the new replay options tho. When running an mpr and when i want to view the name list and ( on the old version you are able to switch players by just clicking on the "W" or "M" or what ever it is to instantly change the car ) the problem now is that every time i try to click on the W the time line pop's in and makes it impossible.
Should we all forget about this way to switch between cars or it is a bug? I can work with the car changing with TAB and SHIFT + TAB but on a endurance races where u need to swap with your mate how are we going to adress the swap request? :S I hope You understand what i meant
Wow!,The Menu looks very nice!

Thx for Patch,I didnt can wait for it xD
Quote from ZanZi :Whee a great patch with some great additions and beautiful new menu
I got a small problem with the new replay options tho. When running an mpr and when i want to view the name list and ( on the old version you are able to switch players by just clicking on the "W" or "M" or what ever it is to instantly change the car ) the problem now is that every time i try to click on the W the time line pop's in and makes it impossible.

OK, thanks for explaining why the connections list needs to be visible during a replay while the mouse is moving. I'll have a look at that.

Quote from ZanZi :Should we all forget about this way to switch between cars or it is a bug? I can work with the car changing with TAB and SHIFT + TAB but on a endurance races where u need to swap with your mate how are we going to adress the swap request? :S I hope You understand what i meant

Well the timeline is only visible during a replay, not when you are racing.
LOL sorry for that... ignore me xD
Quote from ZanZi :
Should we all forget about this way to switch between cars or it is a bug? I can work with the car changing with TAB and SHIFT + TAB but on a endurance races where u need to swap with your mate how are we going to adress the swap request? :S I hope You understand what i meant

Well in a race you would usually have no replay controls

Edit: to slow
Nice, although it would be nice to have a way of "marking" the timeline, so it would make it easier to jump to certain places we can highlight during in a replay.
Very nice I can't wait to get home to try this out!! Scawen, do you think there is any chance that we could retrieve .RAF files from multiplayer replays for the username that is the same as the account? (Or if there are no security issues then the viewed car?)
OMG! :eye-poppi

Replay options! :eek:
:headbang:

EDIT: new menu is nice.

Thx for Y19!
it's brill. keep the new buttons all the way through to the s3 final they look brilliant and i like the new background. The replay features are brill finally it is possible to rewind thx scawen.
It's sooo nice. Menu looks sweet. And replay control, that what we missed all that time.
I don't know why, but FXO feels like a rocket, like an LX car. :lovies3d:

Thank you Scawen for these great improvements!
Quote : 3) SHIFT + F now has 3 states if you are in a replay (the 3rd state hides everything including all messages and replay controls)

ok, but how do I check the SHIFT-F state via insim now? There is only one bit ISS_SHOW_2D available to report the SHIFT-F state.
And how do I change the SHIFT-F state with insim now? In the IS_SFP state flags packet there is only 0 = off and 1 = on defined.

regards
Soeren
Can some very nice person please post a screenie of this amazing new menu? I don't want to download the test patch for the moment
Yes, Nice patch. Already using.
Awesome. I like this new menu and its better to have smaller font there in game menus. Its more professional The replay control is good, thats what i wanted
Are the G-forces in F9 view showing in a LED like font something new? I never noticed those before.
Quote from AndroidXP :Are the G-forces in F9 view showing in a LED like font something new? I never noticed those before.

That's new in Y19.

To Scawen: No problems here so far, thanks for the patch.
Another lovely update...thanks.

The SPR replay takes much longer to get to a position then an MPR. Is it really just simulating all at high speed and AI takes that much more power?
-
(nesrulz) DELETED by nesrulz
I just want to thank you scawen for that work the new menu just rocks
The replay is really better now when you want to see something that happen in the 5th hour in a 6hour race
well, im speachless. After all those years finally a proper replay mode. Can only guess it was a poop load of work tho. The menu is absolutely gorgeous! No problems after the usual few clicks and testing so far.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG