The online racing simulator
Quote from dougie-lampkin :[OT] Why is everyone using the old LFS_External anyway? I converted my apps into the new one in an evening, and it is much quicker...the old version seems to crash a lot with .5 MCI intervals, but the new one doesn't...It also has a much neater layout inside, and it's far easier to find what you want...plus an entire solution can be converted in less than 30 minutes [/OT]

Probably because the example hasn't been coverted? If someone wants to do that I'll happily point the download towards that modified version.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
It's simply just copy + paste the contents of each method in your old one into the new one...it's not difficult, just time consuming. I did try and convert the cruise tutorial at one time, but I kinda gave up I'll work on it again soon...
-
---
Attached files
CruiseTutorial1.zip - 1.2 MB - 928 views
Quote from Bose321 :only little problem i think..

It looks like the error is because you have put your code inside the class definition, whereas it should actually be inside a method. It seems as though that code should really be inside the Form1 class constructor.
-
Also, you don't need to copy the insim connection stuff over...it does that itself, thats why its faster
-
#31 - sun
Quote from Krammeh :Create two layouts, indentical all bar the "bank coverer" lol.

Call one TRACK_bankclosed.lyt, and one TRACK_bankopen.lyt

on !bankopen

send the mst - "/axload bankopen"

on !bankclose

send the mst - "/axload bankclose"

- although this would work - I would not suggest it, for the fact that barriers are penatratable with the current system. Which means that someone could ram their way into the bank to steal the money, when there are no officers on duty.

Instead of that, in your MCI function(s) where the bank robbery scripts are, just do a simple IF command, to ensure the bank is open by using the "bankstatus" variable...

Then on !bankopen set a variable "bankstatus" to open, and on !bankclose, set the variable "bankstatus" to closed.

ThanksFor that . really helped me, ALOT
Quote from mcgas001 :---

not to be rude, but on first sight i dont see any changes,
what exactly has been changed?
i do see that, when it looses connection it automaticly tries to reconnect
#33 - sun
ok, guys, where going abit off the topic here in the thread...
Quote from sun :ok, guys, where going abit off the topic here in the thread...

well ur problem has been solved?
#35 - wild
Owen grow up you banned me for taking advantage of the !pay -10000 command and blame it on me for crashing your insim. I did not crash your insim fix the !pay - command.

Here's a suggestion code your own insim application then it might not crash. It doesn't take that long to start learning VB, PHP, C# ETC. Just go onto google and search for Programming Tutorials.
It's not malicious crashing, it's debugging

It's not really off topic either, it's still on the subject of InSim, LFS_External, and the cruise tutorial.
#37 - sun
Quote from wild :Owen grow up you banned me for taking advantage of the !pay -10000 command and blame it on me for crashing your insim. I did not crash your insim fix the !pay - command.

Here's a suggestion code your own insim application then it might not crash. It doesn't take that long to start learning VB, PHP, C# ETC. Just go onto google and search for Programming Tutorials.

i've just started you idiot
#38 - wild
Quote from sun :i've just started you idiot

I'll let you know I'm not an idiot. So please don't call me one.

Also when did you start? Like 5 Minutes ago?

I think this topic needs Closed as it has been answered fully.
Quote from sun :ok, guys, where going abit off the topic here in the thread...

A thread is analogous to a conversation, so it will naturally start on one thing and then continue to another issue which is slightly related.

If people want this subforum to turn into a "please solve my issue and then close" stage, then fair enough, but the OP will have to let me or one of the other mods know so that we can close the thread.

However, in my opinion it benefits others by having a continuing conversation; for example - the updated cruise example posted earlier from mcgas001.

If the thread turns into an argument a mod will take the decision of whether or not it gets closed to prevent a full scale riot.

Quote from wild :I think this topic needs Closed as it has been answered fully.

If you feel a topic should be closed or a post removed, etc. please use the "report this post" feature. All mods are informed when this is done and it will alert most of the moderators who are online, but not on the LFS forums.

Also sun, could you cut down the calling of people idiots. I've seen you do this in multiple threads now and the whole idea seems to cause more arguments than just plain swearing. It seems people take more offence(!).
Wait a minute, last night this was locked now it isn't? :S
Amazing how threads can be locked and unlocked.
Apparently it's as easy as a double-click
Actually, I think it's even easier than that, It's a drop-down menu.
Yea, but you can also double-click on the image next to a thread to lock it
I am on other forums ya know...maybe I'm mod :P
amazing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG