The online racing simulator
Demo servers are all empty now...
I started my lfs.exe, hoping to find some demo servers to race on but, they are all empty.

If this goes on, i think i will write a book: "from y18 to s2 - my time of torture"

(i definitely need to make some more sacrifices and save money for S2)
You could always have 2 different installations on your PC. One with the latest patch (Y) and one with whatever the test patch is (Y18).
#3 - Woz
Quote from jonny__27 :I started my lfs.exe, hoping to find some demo servers to race on but, they are all empty.

If this goes on, i think i will write a book: "from y18 to s2 - my time of torture"

(i definitely need to make some more sacrifices and save money for S2)

Everyone might be using Y18 because it means their lap times are logged on LFS world for them.
Hmm, demo users don't get their stats recorded now do they?
Ah, thanks. Well that means I'm going to have to rethink something...
I'm confused by that change to be honest. Does it mean that demo users can race on S1 and S2 servers if they happen to be hosting a car/track combo that's available in demo and have a restriction of less than 12 cars on them??

If so, I'm really not for that idea. I think demo users should be segregated from paying licensed users, even if demo users now can't be anonymous any more.
Quote from gezmoor :Does it mean that demo users can race on S1 and S2 servers if they happen to be hosting a car/track combo that's available in demo and have a restriction of less than 12 cars on them??

And how many servers meet this criteria? :rolleyes:
Quote from gezmoor :I'm confused by that change to be honest. Does it mean that demo users can race on S1 and S2 servers if they happen to be hosting a car/track combo that's available in demo and have a restriction of less than 12 cars on them??

If so, I'm really not for that idea. I think demo users should be segregated from paying licensed users, even if demo users now can't be anonymous any more.

It's up to the host. If they don't want demo racers they could either allow the UF1, allow more than 12 cars in race, place one cone anywhere they like, whatever.

This is more about licensed racers being able to join demo hosts. The other way round is so unlikely, it's not worth wasting our breath discussing it.

Before this patch was released, I could see two S2 hosts that qualified for demo status. Loads that qualify for S1 status though, so this is a great improvement for S1 racers. And we do sell S1 licenses, some people can't easily afford S2, due to exchange rate issues etc.
Quote from jonny__27 :I started my lfs.exe, hoping to find some demo servers to race on but, they are all empty.

Yes, apparently not many demo racers have moved to Y18. Most demo racers are not forum users so wouldn't have heard of it yet.

Anyway now I see 7 populated demo compatible hosts, and 8 actual Y18 demo racers are online (plus licensed racers also on those hosts) - I only saw a maximum of 2 licensed demo racers online yesterday - so gradually it is making more sense to move over.
Scawen, Do you think its an idea to force Y18 on the updater? Even still if people dont want to update. They can always click no. That would get more demoers, who dont visit this forum. Onto Y18.
[EDIT by Scawen : removed false quote - I know you were joking but better not make false quotes as someone might get the wrong idea]

Fixed.
When I was online a couple of days ago, it was pretty filled. there was even a crasher =P
I for one am glad I can join S2 servers that meet demo specs, It'll give me a chance to see what I'll be up against when I get S2.

I see this as an improvement not only because it makes demo users have to sign up, it will also unite the community and make for a better demo AND S series experiance. People are always complaining that there are more demo users than S users, well that was because people could just install the game. We are definately going to see less demo users when anything older becomes online incompatable.

When I get S2 you bet your hat I'll still be going back to demo servers, dispite the steriotype there are alot of good demo servers with alot of serious racers out there just waiting to get the money to buy S2. I myself have been on demo a LONG time, but every time I have the money, something else goes wrong that I need money to fix. Last time, it was my Graphics card, soon, it'll be my motorcycle. Can't play a game if you can't see it right?
Quote from mcgas001 :Scawen, Do you think its an idea to force Y18 on the updater? Even still if people dont want to update. They can always click no. That would get more demoers, who dont visit this forum. Onto Y18.

Y18 is still a test patch, therefore it could bugger up your LFS installation. That's why the patch test forum has huge big writing saying this

Quote from DragonCommando :We are definately going to see less demo users when anything older becomes online incompatable.

Does this mean that, come next official patch, we will see a definite end to those who are still hanging onto the XRT?
I can't be sure they are going to completely kill off anything but the newest version of LFS, only the devs can say that. But if I where them, I would.
My money says that most demo servers will still be running patch X so they can use the XRT. Who's with me?
X : 31 demo hosts, 16 occupied
Y : 170 demo hosts, 48 occupied
Y18 : 39 demo hosts, 3 occupied
i think there isnt servers and players in Y18
btw, i cant recive guest info when joining server(?) you know any solution to this?
Normally that means you should try a different server.
I'm starting to understand this Y18 thing... For example if BL1 is on CTRA race 1, than a demo racer can join? Correct me if i'm wrong... i dont really understand these changes
No... you have the right idea but... because CTRA allows more than 15 guests / more than 12 cars in a race, these hosts will not appear in a demo list and a demo racer will not be able to join.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, apparently not many demo racers have moved to Y18. Most demo racers are not forum users so wouldn't have heard of it yet.

Anyway now I see 7 populated demo compatible hosts, and 8 actual Y18 demo racers are online (plus licensed racers also on those hosts) - I only saw a maximum of 2 licensed demo racers online yesterday - so gradually it is making more sense to move over.

is there a y18 dedi patch i must updae m,y servers.
I see! So it will only appear if it has less than 12 "slots".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG