The online racing simulator
Nice man!

P.S. BACKFIRE!WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
Quote from ImportFantasy :Nice man!

P.S. BACKFIRE!WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Been busy with school and work ... i haven't played LFS since the last time I saw you. how's it going?
ffs im using y18 is that the problem??
Quote :pics: no bloom, with bloom

I definitely like picture with bloom better- the haze effect works well, SO looks more grimy and polluted now

Would you mind posting your settings? I'll give this thing one more go.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I definitely like picture with bloom better- the haze effect works well, SO looks more polluted now

help... do i need patch y? or can i use y18 cause its just black screen with me...
I think that most any old patch should work, later versions don't support any more lighting effects than previous versions. This is just a hack, which forces bloom lighting. If it works on LFS i reckon it should work on most games.

For some reason, I can't fire up LFS anymore either, and I've tried different .ini settings and switched off AA. Not sure what's happened.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I think that most any old patch should work, later versions don't support any more lighting effects than previous versions. This is just a hack, which forces bloom lighting. If it works on LFS i reckon it should work on most games.

For some reason, I can't fire up LFS anymore either, and I've tried different .ini settings and switched off AA. Not sure what's happened.

maby you should of backed up lfs i forgot to when i installed y18
Quote from Electrik Kar :I definitely like picture with bloom better- the haze effect works well, SO looks more grimy and polluted now

Sure EK here ya go. I think LFS looks the most realistic with my settings but i don't know if you'll get the same result on your computer.

Couple more pics with no bloom/bloom comparison
Attached images
nobloom2.jpg
withbloom2.jpg
Attached files
enbseries.rar - 879 B - 565 views
Quote from Electrik Kar :I think that most any old patch should work, later versions don't support any more lighting effects than previous versions. This is just a hack, which forces bloom lighting. If it works on LFS i reckon it should work on most games.

I just installed Y18, seems to be working fine here
SR- just tried on another copy and yeah, I think you've done it I'm really happy with your settings, the cars don't have that spirit world glow anymore. I'll try out some different tracks, but so far so good. Thanks very much
Quote from Electrik Kar :SR- just tried on another copy and yeah, I think you've done it I'm really happy with your settings, the cars don't have that spirit world glow anymore. I'll try out some different tracks, but so far so good. Thanks very much

You're welcome . This is how bloom is supposed to be used in modern games... just used slightly so it will cover the imperfections of the game. Too bad this mod takes out like 10-15 fps out of my system though but I'll still use it
still dont work i really want this mod
Quote from mutt107 :still dont work i really want this mod

Use these files, they're probably compatible for everyone (I've already included my tweaked settings).

If it still doesn't work, your video card might not be able to support it.
Attached files
backfirebloom.rar - 109.4 KB - 580 views
well some things people cant have...
Here's some shots with SR Backfire's settings. I think he's nailed it pretty well. The light has this really nice and natural volume to it now, it bounces around fairly realistically imo.

LFS is looking great
Attached images
newbloom.jpg
newbloom3.jpg
newbloom2.jpg
you must tease me?
Sorry Mutt,

Try downloading LFS again, make some backups, and apply the new files. Also, which video card do you have?
how i check that?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Here's some shots with SR Backfire's settings. I think he's nailed it pretty well. The light has this really nice and natural volume to it now, it bounces around fairly realistically imo.

LFS is looking great

Thanks EK, I was too lazy to take more screenshots for the others.

Mutt go to control panel, click System, Click on the Hardware tab, Select Device Manager and tell us what it says under "Display Adapters"
Quote from Electrik Kar :Here's some shots with SR Backfire's settings. I think he's nailed it pretty well. The light has this really nice and natural volume to it now, it bounces around fairly realistically imo.

LFS is looking great

Sorry but to me it looks more like that the lense is awfully worn and dirty. Like the effect you would get in your normal eye glasses if never cleaned them.

Looks awful to me
Try this and tell me what you think. I tried to keep the bloom in the sky and the track as clear as possible. Tunnels and bridges may make you twacky and cause seasures

I call it Flash-bloom.
Attached files
enbseries-fb.zip - 1.1 KB - 363 views
Nice find for people who like this sort of thing. Perhaps with some extensive tweaking it might even do something more you can't do with a decent colour profile. However, bloom always made me think either of flashback scenes in series ca. 80s or that something's in my eye.
heres a screen shot.
sry for big image
Quote from Hyperactive :Sorry but to me it looks more like that the lense is awfully worn and dirty. Like the effect you would get in your normal eye glasses if never cleaned them.

Looks awful to me

To each, his own I guess

I really like it because the colours in LFS are too bright, my tweaked version kinda desaturates them a bit and the light hitting the objects gives it a nice feel. Also, LFS looked a bit too clean, so it looks like it added a little bit of smog in south city
i want this soooo much.. but i dunno what to do. im not downloading lfs again cause it will waste my cpu space.

Bloom lighting addon for LFS
(615 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG