The online racing simulator
XFR problem, or the tyre problem?
(32 posts, started )
Ok, here's the replay of my drive (XFR, So town) with Bawbag's So Long set...
I've managed to generate 10 degrees less heat then yesterday but they were red again almost all the time but it's driveable, and laps were low/mid 1:23, and 1:24's...
Is there something fundamentaly wrong that i do, that is causing the tires to heat up? If i could just hold the front right to 110, it would be great
Attached files
Boris Lozac_SO5_XFR_12316.spr - 822.5 KB - 199 views
Only watched 3 laps yet, but to me it seems you're steering too much. On corner entry you first suffer from the huge understeer that the locked diff gives you, which is kinda understandable, but you carry on understeering for far too long. You have to apply a little bit of throttle before(!) the apex and reduce steering considerably, to make the locked diff sets/exploits work. Consider braking earlier to allow sooner application of throttle. You simply spend very much time understeering heavily throughout the slow and to some extent also the last corner, which kills your tyres.

E: Especially the lefthander after the first split kills your tyres. The hairpin-right is barely a problem - you might understeer but it's at a low speed and only very short, mostly heating your left tyre anyway.

On T1 you don't seem to use enough track, you're already in the middle as the corner starts. Stay longer to the right and try to maximise the corner radius.
Tyres get a bit hotter but 120 is still quite manageable, they start cooling at about lap 13, by about lap 20 you would be able to push it that bit harder. In the last corner I was taking a wider entry and just making sure I had a good exit so that I didn't heat the tyres up, seemed to work quite well.

Same set as before, the rears get lots of flat spots so maybe the brakes need changing, but it's nothing major.

Ps. Android, why not just make a nice clutch pack setup? If that's his problem then surely it would help him out alot.
Attached files
Bawbag_SO5_XFR_12119.spr - 833.7 KB - 197 views
Welp, tried a bit and I sure suck at hotlapping and setup making, but here you go. I basically just took Bawbag's set, removed the locked diff, made the suspension a bit more sane and used that for a 22 lap stint (limited by fuel, the tyres were just starting to go into cooldown phase, would've lasted probably another 15-20 laps).

They did get in the 120-125 degree range, but it was quite manageable as it was only the inner part that got that hot. I'm of course nowhere near as fast as Bawbag - especially the right handers aren't my thing - but I found the modified set quite okay, though some finetuning wouldn't hurt it (a bit looser rear end would help in that uphill left hander).
Attached files
AndroidXP_SO5_XFR_12213.spr - 1.4 MB - 211 views
XFR_SO Long Y#2.set - 132 B - 986 views
Yup, i've realised what the problem is, i steer too much and generate a lot of understeer, now it's much better I still can't find the time to do a proper stint, these were all done after work, tired like hell... but anyway, the improwement is quite noticable
The fact is, with the new tyres, the bad and rough driving is now punished more severely and that's perfectly fine with me, but there is definately lot of room for improwement with the tyre system and the physics in general..
You guys unleashed a monster.

Bawbag just took 2 tenths off the WR time.

Nice work, mate.

I wanted more to be honest, the splits went to the low .1's so I tried for that, but my patience isn't what it used to be....

Nice combo though, nice to be in the XFR again too......

XFR problem, or the tyre problem?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG