The online racing simulator
Kyoto 500/LFSCART unnofficial practice evening(s)
This upcomming sunday (20th April) we are organising an practice evening for the Kyoto 500 / LFSCART. Race length will be 25 laps after a rolling start. We will also use cautions if needed. Between 18 and 21 BST (CET: 19-22, UTC: 17-20) we do the races in this format. Everyone is welcome.

Server will be FRO_FormulaRacing.org

Yours
Zz0
Surely there must be some interest for this, Falke?

Mazar of the FRO team will be holding a practice evening on Saturday. The server will be FRO_FormulaRacing.org All are encouraged and welcome to attend. This IS NOT an official practice evening.

4.00 - Arrive on server / Qualifying
4.30 - 25 lap race of FO8 @ KY1
5:00 - 99 lap race of FO8 @ KY1 with pit stop required.

All times are BST (GMT +1)

There will hopefully be an official Safety Car present to do rolling starts for all of the races.

Hope to see you there!
What's happened to the server, Maz?
#4 - Mazar
Quote :What's happened to the server, Maz?

Not sure bro, just dropped email to support at Storm looks like the whole server is downed for some reason.

Should be back any moment fingers crossed!!!

Update in a mo.

Best, Maz
If you guys want to run it on my server, I can set it up for you.
#6 - Mazar
Quote : Update in a mo.

Update is new server should be online in a few mins.

Just brought one from 500 servers which should be online in just a few moments. Cant reach anyone at Storm or get onto support site.

Look for FRO|FormulaRacing|#4 in a few moments.

Apologies.
Maz
#7 - Mazar
Server is now back online.

FRO_FormulaRacing.org

See you there.

Best, Maz
Where has everyone gone?!!
#9 - Mazar
Quote :Server is now back online.

Nope, we where back but server is down again.

Our new server is online at: FRO|FormulaRacing|#4

How come I'm on FRO 1 right now?
well after an epic fail, testing the whole rules public, we decided make the server privat for tomorrows testings. Only drivers who entered the LFSCART or the KYOTO 500 are allowed to enter the server tomorrow.
At 4pm BST, the server will be passworded to 'kyoto 500'. Anyone who is not in the league WILL be kicked.
Grid attached.
Attached files
grid.doc - 23.5 KB - 198 views
just an improvement suggestion... as we have more time at the Kyoto 500 race, we should do it... pole inside, second middle, third outside, [new row] fourth inside, fifth middle, sixth outside [and so on]

This is the way the Indy 500 starts... as it is practice i think your revesed order is good... otherwise we would have a battle for position 3 in the qualifying.
Quote from TFalke55 :just an improvement suggestion... as we have more time at the Kyoto 500 race, we should do it... pole inside, second middle, third outside, [new row] fourth inside, fifth middle, sixth outside [and so on]

This is the way the Indy 500 starts... as it is practice i think your revesed order is good... otherwise we would have a battle for position 3 in the qualifying.

That's what we're doing Falke
Quote from J@tko :That's what we're doing Falke

but I shall start inside... although I would start outside in real life.

inside - outside

01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 09
10 11 12
and so on
Damnit, my speaker fell onto the switch on my strip plug !_!

was only on the 2nd lap or something
Quote from TFalke55 :but I shall start inside... although I would start outside in real life.

inside - outside

01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 09
10 11 12
and so on

It's too complicated to change do it that way round in LFS
Quote from JO53PHS :It's too complicated to change do it that way round in LFS

well we have 7 laps to sort it that way in the Kyoto 500
it is possible.
also we managed it today
Falke, Jo53ph

You guys did a brilliant job today, many thanks for your organization efforts and for making a great race day!

Big up your self's

Best, Maz
As this this sunday is an official practice day, we'll have the following Sunday (4th May) a trainig event using the KY1 Chicane layout. Depending on how fast Fishfix answeres me about this, I can upload the layout sothat you can train it. This event will enforce all LFSCART rules.

The server will be FRO|FormulaRacing#2|LFSCART

1700UTC Start of the Single file qualifying (ONE HOTLAP)
1730UTC Lag Lap then Sprint Race 15laps (+3 warm up)
1800UTC Lag Lap then Main Event 55laps (+3 warm up)

the password will be set 15mins earlier, and will be the name of the event in the league ... if you cannot find out it, ask me by pm.

Racers of the Kyoto 500 are also welcome, although the race is primilary a test for LFSCART. Everyone, who not entered LFSCART or THE 2008 KYOTO 500 or who got a special permission by me, will be kicked!

It will be madentory to be on teamspeak! You'll getting caution infos directly and some things like that, pm me about the TeamSpeak adresse
Quote :It will be madentory to be on teamspeak! You'll getting caution infos directly and some things like that, pm me about the TeamSpeak adresse

We will set up this week a account for all racers in LFSCART series on the TS server. Account names will be race numbers (you can change name in TS to one of your choice) to keep it simple for us and we will put in place a standard password for you to share I will get the details to you tomorrow Falke.

You can download Teamspeak here.

Best, Maz
Will there be a rule against TS chat during the race itself?

I hope so... if the in-server chat is anything to go by I don't think I'll really care to listen to these guys bicker and moan all race.
During the race, chat will be limited to from Admins to drivers and admins to admins in the public room.

We discussed in TS earlier, having sub-rooms in TS for people to go have a quick chat, to clarify rules and such.

Chat is allowed for asking questions of the "can I retire?" or other procedural queries.

d
Quote : We discussed in TS earlier, having sub-rooms in TS for people to go have a quick chat, to clarify rules and such.

Yes. There (i suggest) should be a chat room where people can go to chat if they wish to.

The main room should be for strictly race control.

Quote :I hope so... if the in-server chat is anything to go by I don't think I'll really care to listen to these guys bicker and moan all race.

Totally agree Ben in race chat must stop as it is impossible to see the important messages from the chat.

Best, Maz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG