The online racing simulator
Pitlane co-ordinates [x,y]
(16 posts, started )
Is there any tool, where I can see what the XY co-ordinates are, that surround the pits/garages?
Quote from Krammeh :Is there any tool, where I can see what the XY co-ordinates are, that surround the pits/garages?

Not that I can tell. While Pth files widen the drivable area to include the pits, this is a clue easily picked out visually, but not programmatically. On top of that, I don't know of a place where the "pit enter/pit leave" nodes are recorded.

It would be useful information to map out, imho. I'd start with recording the nodes for pit start & pit end. Once you have that you could see if you get any false positives if you just say

if(car between pitstartNode and pitEndNode &&
car between currentNode.DriveLeft and currentNode.LimitLeft)
{
// this assumes pits are always on the left of the track (bad assumption)
car is in pit
}

the Pth Limit on the pit side gives you the outer bounds, but whether the Drive line gives you the inner bounds is something that would have to be tested.
#3 - nikka
Quote from Krammeh :Is there any tool, where I can see what the XY co-ordinates are, that surround the pits/garages?

You need a tool so you can watch your coordinates as you drive? In that case, here's something I made in a hurry to trace MCI packet info..

Insim port is hard coded to 29992. Just start the app, type /insim 29992 in lfs, and your x and y coordinates will be displayed as you drive.

http://www.0815-software.com/xy.zip
only reason why I ask, was because i was working on another track for LTC, and it was a bent pitlane, and just wondered if there was a tool that can pinpoint the exact xy co-ords .

I dont it with driving, and running a command to ask for the current co-ords ;P
BUMP: Sorry for bumping this thread, but is there anyway I can download the X and Y axis program?
A big thank you to nikka for this little X,Y program. I have used it a lot. And luckly, Still have it. Here you go.

Read his post above on how to get it to work.
Attached files
xy.zip - 30.4 KB - 279 views
Thanks Sean
admin password?
What exactly was the point of posting something that doesn't make sense and bumping a topic 2 and a half years after the last post?
To the OP, can't you just get this information from the pth or smx files?
Quote from Dygear :To the OP, can't you just get this information from the pth or smx files?

It's been over three years since Krammeh posted the topic. I'm pretty sure he has figured out what he needs by now
Quote from learjet45 :It's been over three years since Krammeh posted the topic. I'm pretty sure he has figured out what he needs by now

But the answer is not posted here, so I was pointing other people in the right direction.
Quote from Dygear :But the answer is not posted here, so I was pointing other people in the right direction.

I was just looking for a quick and easy way of the garages and such, I ended up displaying the X/Y co-ords on BTN's and doing it manually!
Quote from Krammeh :I was just looking for a quick and easy way of the garages and such, I ended up displaying the X/Y co-ords on BTN's and doing it manually!

Lol, ok. You went the manual route.
Quote from Dygear :Lol, ok. You went the manual route.

yeah, as only wanted the garage bays, not the entire pitlane
Quote from Krammeh :yeah, as only wanted the garage bays, not the entire pitlane

Got ya ... I do wonder if that data is stored in the smx or pth files ...

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG