The online racing simulator
On-board video with me in a Legend around Mondello Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pD5XV3nkU

Just thought i'd share this with ya's.
I've uploaded the 1st 2 laps of my quali session at the weekend.
It was wet and the Legend has rock hard tyres! (They last 2 seasons!).
As you can see she's pretty tail happy!
Anyway it was fun, batteries ran out in camera after 2 laps, i'll get more the next time

Oh and if you're wondering what a Legend is it's the car in my avatar. Weighs 600kg (inc driver), 130 BHP, Locked diff... think that says it all

www.600racing.co.uk for more info
#2 - Jakg
Quote from nikimere :Just thought i'd share this with ya's.
I've uploaded the 1st 2 laps of my quali session at the weekend.
It was wet and the Legend has rock hard tyres! (They last 2 seasons!).
As you can see she's pretty tail happy!
Anyway it was fun, batteries ran out in camera after 2 laps, i'll get more the next time

Thanks for the link!

*HINT HINT*
Quote from Jakg :Thanks for the link!

*HINT HINT*

It's at the top of the post Jak
#4 - Jakg
Oh you little Ninja!
Doh! Meant to put this in the "General Racing" section... could someone please move it for me? Thanks!
#6 - SamH
Done!

Now I'm off to watch the vid
Looks like great fun, and a bit of a handful. How much chassis setup can you alter to balance it?

Do they race at Rockingham? Or was I thinking of something else on the oval last year?
i love watching the legends race and the idea od a 1.25 litre engine in something that small and the racing is so close, you really are a lucky.... for being able to race one, are you doing a whole season, if you are thinking about it tell us os i see them at least once a year at brands

edit: der i just thought, theres probably an irish championship and anyway the trip to brands from ireland would be an expencive one
Nice vid thanks. Those things look scary

whats the blue strobing light on the dash? looks about the size of a speedo'?
Quote from tristancliffe :Looks like great fun, and a bit of a handful. How much chassis setup can you alter to balance it?

Do they race at Rockingham? Or was I thinking of something else on the oval last year?

They are great fun! Best racing car i've driven (fun wise).
All you can change is springs (choice of 4), ride height, camber and castor on the front and the shocks are 1-way adjustable. You can't change camber or toe on rear of car (solid axle).

Quote from james12s :i love watching the legends race and the idea od a 1.25 litre engine in something that small and the racing is so close, you really are a lucky.... for being able to race one, are you doing a whole season, if you are thinking about it tell us os i see them at least once a year at brands

edit: der i just thought, theres probably an irish championship and anyway the trip to brands from ireland would be an expencive one

Yes myself and my Dad are trying to bring in an Irish Championship for 2009. I will be doing the UK round in Mondello in June and the UK round in Angelsea in July. Other than that i might do the Winter Trophy in Brands in November'ish

Quote from DratsaB :Nice vid thanks. Those things look scary

whats the blue strobing light on the dash? looks about the size of a speedo'?

Not scary at all, the blue light is water temp. It's in Fahrenheit, which scared me a little at 1st... i though it was celcius!
#11 - 5haz
Super car control there, ive seen Legends racing at Brands and they look a big enough handfull in the dry, let alone in the wet
Anti-roll bars? Presumably not driver adjustable though.

I'd love to play in something like that, especially in the wet.

Slicks or treaded tyres?
Geez, that's awful. I mean both how the cars look and how poorly they seem to handle
Quote from AndroidXP :Geez, that's awful. I mean both how the cars look and how poorly they seem to handle

what? they ooze cool

:gandalf: :gt:zztop FTW
Quote from tristancliffe :Anti-roll bars? Presumably not driver adjustable though.

I'd love to play in something like that, especially in the wet.

Slicks or treaded tyres?

No ARB on front... kinda one on the back but it's not adjustable.
Threaded BF Goodridge tyres... cast from concrete.

Quote from AndroidXP :Geez, that's awful. I mean both how the cars look and how poorly they seem to handle

This is one of those rare occasions where a poorly handling car is great!
Noting compared to a Formula-A going down there screaming at 20,000 Rpm

Nice stuff Niki
Nice vids there! Look like lots of fun... what is these car's average speed? I mean on this track for example.
well the winter series is the one we see when is supports the trucks, for the last few years t has bin a bit of a birthday thing as it is always around or on my birthday (nov 6th)
I was in the blue-striped car infront that Niki couldn't pass. When he does get past it's because I dropped a sherbet lemon into the footwell and had to retrieve it because it was my last one.
if it really was you then your another lucky .... and never mention sherbet lemons to me again or i may have to pay you a visit and liberate them lol i love sherbet lemons
Quote from Clownpaint :I know nothing about the cars but they look like great fun and it's good to see you racing again Niki. How much is it to take part in this kind of series?

It's hard to put a price on it, i can just give you my experiences...
You can rent a car for about £600 a weekend, that'll cover everything.
If you own a car it'll cost you about £70 on petrol. Thats it.
Brake pads last all season, tires last up to 2 seasons, engine needs rebuild once a year. The expensive parts is the entry fee.
A brand new car is about £14,500'ish.
You'd pick up a second-hand one for £10ish.

Quote from Tisza :Nice vids there! Look like lots of fun... what is these car's average speed? I mean on this track for example.

Average speed i think was about 100MPH around that track.

I'll try get better footage the next day. Had camera trouble that day, hence only 2 laps in both Quali and Race.
I'm trying to press look right at the end of that race clip, but it doesn't work

So, did you make the pass stick?
Quote from james12s :if it really was you then your another lucky .... and never mention sherbet lemons to me again or i may have to pay you a visit and liberate them lol i love sherbet lemons

Testify brother. Ever try a sherbet lemon and a yellow bon bon at the same time? Your teeth practically leap out of your mouth in fear.
Quote from Jonesy_ :I'm trying to press look right at the end of that race clip, but it doesn't work

So, did you make the pass stick?

Of course!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Testify brother. Ever try a sherbet lemon and a yellow bon bon at the same time? Your teeth practically leap out of your mouth in fear.

i can imagine

edit: ive also just realised that there is 2 members of t7r who race for real

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG