The online racing simulator
Very useful little app this . Thanks

Just one query? Is it possible to rotate the map to fit the screen. For example when BLGP loads it comes up length ways on my wide screen monitor.
If i could rotate it to fit the shape of my wide screen (i.e. 90degs) I could fit a the whole track zoomed in on the screen without zooming right out.
somebody knew the function for calling the spectator passw in the code for the iframe ???

only need that

PD: its a private server
New scroll bars appear, like magic. Coming along nicely.

A quick question. Is there anyway to have multiple admins have access to the same relay to allow a few different people the ability to restart it when it dies occasionally? If it can't, well so be it.
On the current IGTC test race (server name: IGTC By My3id) car #21 and car #06 appear to have the same LFS user name driver 'The Moose' whilst #21 should be 'Scipy'.
Attached images
LFSremoteBug1.png
LFSremoteBug2.png
Same race, same server as in previous post.

According to LFS Remote car #101 (18th position) is having a pit stop but in fact it is on track racing.
Attached images
LFSremoteBug4.png
I've been having problems trying to setup the insim relay, and im just drawing blanks.

IP = xx.xxx.xx.xxx
Port = 29991 (also 29992 & 29993, server ports are 63401-63403 )
insim details are included in iptables
-A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 29991 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

etc

cfg files have /insim=[port number] and ive been in and entered them manually too.

Currently it just says 'Updating...'
However a few hours ago it was 'Connect attempt #' (no number)
and eventually becoming dead once its fed up trying.

Anyone know of something else i can try? Im only just getting used to linux and slowly picking up things, but as far as we can tell (rooble & myself) everything seems correct, but obviously something isnt right somewhere. Been trying alsorts for the last 5hrs, getting nowhere fast.
Hoping to get the servers visable to LFS Remote for the LFS World Series event in.. 16hrs time
-A OUTPUT doesn't seem correct. Since InSim connections are made towards the host, you have to set iptables to accept new connections with -A INPUT. Give it a try with that (basically your insim iptables rule must look just like the regular host rule, but with the insim port instead of the game port).
You need to use the INPUT table/chain, rather than the OUTPUT, since the relay connects to you from the outside world (i.e. it's incoming to your server, not outgoing).

Edit: Damn you Victor.. You win this time
funnily enough about 5min ago i figured it couldnt harm any to have both, still not making much of a difference

taa:
I actually C&P'd the line from your guide, i have:

#Insim
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport 29991 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport 29991 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

I think rooble added line 2, and 3&4 i added just a few minutes ago and have restarted iptables.

i'll kill the processes and restart them, incase that makes a difference (ive no idea) but currently its not having any effect. I'll report back in about 5min
ok, terminated the EU1 server process, and restarted it.
Deactivated the insim relay connection, and restarted that also.

Im currently getting 'Connect attempt #' but no number saying which attempt its currently on out of the 15 it does. I'd assume that really it shouldnt take more than 2min to make the connection, im sitting in the server so i know its live, however it does seem something else is getting in the way.

Is it possible for other ports to be blocking this communication?
check your host - i'm on it
seems i got disconnected, and apparently im already online

Just posting to say we eventually got it fixed, after a lot of hair pulling and a crap load of help from Victor
Seemed to be an issue with lfs.exe processes, some failed processes were running and while they definately werent using insim ports we tried at later stages, they did seem to clear up once we killed all lfs processes and restarted them one by one.
Just a by the way...

It's showing S1 servers as S2 - Also happens with LTC3

ooops, small bug there

nice find
fixed
Need some help
Hello!

I try to search an answer for my/our team problem.

We now runs a dedicated demo host on my friends server, and we allowed on server the insim port (exactly 29999).

I set it with the ip and insim port on the lfsworl.net - insim relay.

1st time it was worked. We watched our server on http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host=HKV+Team+Server
this link. Few minutes later the dedi closed the insim port, and on the lfsworld.net - insim relay i just see : Connect attempt # or Disabled

I write on the host, when i was in with admin pass: /insim 29999

Its open the port, and I push the reactivate button on lfsworld.net.

It worked. Shows, status: OK

and then we can watch again our server the link above.

But few minutes again, the insim close. And it is happening periodic.

What we do wrong? What can we do, to work it fine?

sorry, if it was answered earlier, but i cant find with search. (and sry for my english)
From what i can tell, the connection between the relay and your host seems unstable, which may cause the host to time out from time to time.
Not sure what can be done about that though.
Quote from Victor :From what i can tell, the connection between the relay and your host seems unstable, which may cause the host to time out from time to time.
Not sure what can be done about that though.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I thinked about that. But i dont understand, cause it is a "seed" server, with few user, and it is got a very high speed connection.
It is an X-files. Call Scully and Mulder to solve the problem.

another question.( if it is offtopic, pls somebody answer in PM.)
how can we run Lapper in the same time on the host? must have something special?
Great work Victor!

Wanna quote a post that contain some nice suggestions, just for not letting you forgot them

Quote from axus :If I might add some suggestions - this would be so great for leagues if you could get sort of "admin rights per car" or, "engineer rights" if you will and remotely access a car's strategy and change it provided you have a password for it. Obviously this will also require LFS updates but it would add a lot to league racing.

I quickly browsed through this thread and didn't saw if anyone has been suggested this before. So, here it comes (Don't hit me too hard!!)

Would it be possible (Not currently, but maybe in the future?) to use own "custom" maps as background? Thus we can for example name the turns, color different sectors using different colors and much much more. Even to use black & white and simplified look.

Am I the only one thinking that this would be a good feature?
I think there is a bit of inconsistency between LFS and Remote in the number of laps displayed for each racer. I've watched an entire race from start to finish, and it seems to me that Remote displays the number of laps each player has completed, whereas LFS displays the lap that the racer is on. In simple terms, LFS's lap counter starts at 1 and Remote's lap counter starts at 0. I just think they should both start at 1 for the sake of consistency.
I have used the standalone Remote.exe (dated 07/03/2008 12:19) for watching at the IGTC 4 hour race yesterday.

I had to stop and restart it after about 3H30 of the race because it was using a HUGE amount of memory, over 600 MB of what Windows XP calls Virtual Memory and over 578 MB of working space.

FYI there were about 32 connections to the server all race long and we also had several drivers who had bad lag what we could feel and see as well in Remote.
Attached images
LFSremoteIGTC.png
Hmm... I run LFSremote 24/7, and no problems (what so ever) so far.

Only solution I can think of is that when have you reinstalled XP?
I get insim error # 2048? Is it down?
I've been getting that error from time to time.

Hit F5, or try deleting temp internet files - seems to solve it for me *shrugs*

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG