The online racing simulator
LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
LFS League Controller - Race Director
Race Director is a subset of our still under-development program intended to give admins a whole host of additional functionality to their servers. The idea of this subset came from a request for a program that would control the track condition and pit lane condition. There are buttons visible to every racer detailing if the pit lane is open or not, and if the track is green, yellow, red, or about to restart after a yellow. A racer will incur a penalty if they enter and exit the pit lane while it is closed. Subsequently, if said driver enters the pit lane while it is open, but leaves when it's closed, said driver will not incur a penalty.

All chat, RCM, button text, and penalty text are configurable. There are comments in the config.ini file explaining what each option does. The penalties for exiting the pit lane while closed is configurable in game while the program is running. You access the Race Director menu by combining the prefix and admin command (configurable to your desire) from the config.ini file. There you can change the penalty, change the track condition, and open and close the pit lane.

Please leave any comments and/or suggestions. They're always helpful to fix/add things that were not thought of.

NOTE: for use with a dedicated server only.

Changelog
  • Added Hardcore qualifying mode. Configurable on/off in-game/in config file. Keeps track of racers, and spectates them if they have Shift+P/S during qualifying, and does not allow them to continue.
  • Added Yellow Flag admin alerter. Configurable on/off in-game/in config file. Alerts admins of the server that a particular racer is causing a yellow flag and in what sector of track.
  • Added Restart Button - Button to show message to racers, for example, that the Safety Car is coming in this lap, and the race is restarting to green flag.
  • Various fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed Bug: while the track is green and the program is configured to hide the buttons, if a racer connects to the server, they are shown the buttons.
  • Program no longer pauses after clicking a button.
  • Option to hide buttons during green flag condition.
  • Ability to position the pit and track buttons.
  • Chat/RCM messages and button text are now separate.
Attached files
RaceDirectorIGTC1.1.7.0.zip - 155 KB - 726 views
RaceDirector1.2.0.0.zip - 154.9 KB - 889 views
RaceDirectorIGTC1.2.0.0.zip - 154.8 KB - 787 views
I like it

But I can't get it to work, I've done the /insim=30000 and launched it, it says it's connected. But the $ovalAdmin bit doesn't work, as in nothing happens
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I like it

But I can't get it to work, I've done the /insim=30000 and launched it, it says it's connected. But the $ovalAdmin bit doesn't work, as in nothing happens

You will need to put:
  • The server's IP
  • The servers insim port
  • The servers admin pass
In the config.ini for it to work
Server's local, I set it to 127.0.0.1

I set the insim to 3000 in both the file and LFS

I set the admin passwords the same

Ideas? I do $ovalAdmin, nothing happens
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Server's local, I set it to 127.0.0.1

I set the insim to 3000 in both the file and LFS

I set the admin passwords the same

Ideas? I do $ovalAdmin, nothing happens

Have you checked to see if anything else is working?
Yep.

FlipCams works just fine
#7 - J@tko
+1 for what DK says - I cant make admin bit work either
Confirmed here as Connected to a local game, but the admin command does not seem to react. However, flipcams works slightly differently, as in Flipcams uses LFS Scripts and Hotkeys rather than Insim.
as far as my testing has gone, i think that buttons only work with a dedicated server, not a local game or non-dedicated, self hosted game. you'll notice that it says that it's connected, but the normal track and pitlane buttons that are on all the time do not show at all, despite trying to type $ovalAdmin.

EDIT: i think the reason why it doesn't work locally is because LFS sends the buttons to a specified connectionid, and a local or self hosted game doesn't have the connectionid's. but don't quote me on that , as that's what i've gotten from my testing. i tried running it locally, not connecting it to a server, and found the same problems.
Time to get a dedicated server then...
Quote from burnsy1882 :EDIT: i think the reason why it doesn't work locally is because LFS sends the buttons to a specified connectionid, and a local or self hosted game doesn't have the connectionid's. but don't quote me on that , as that's what i've gotten from my testing. i tried running it locally, not connecting it to a server, and found the same problems.

The connection ID's are still there on a non-dedi host. In fact InSim should work identically for all hosts really, dedi or not.
Quote from DarkTimes :The connection ID's are still there on a non-dedi host. In fact InSim should work identically for all hosts really, dedi or not.

that's what i thought too, but if someone could explain why these problems are happening, that'd be great. could it be a limitation of the LFSLib being used?
I've not used LFSLib much, but it works fine for me on a local host, so I don't think it's a limitation of the lib.

It's kind of hard to know what the error is without knowing how your code works. I'd say have a close look at which ID's you are sending the buttons to, makie sure you are using the correct ones on both the dedi and local host. Aside from that I'm not much help, sorry.

Edit: Just a thought, are you sending the buttons to the host (ConnectionId 0), or to each individual connection (EG ConnectionId 1, 2, 3, 4 etc..)?
I'd like to try this if any servers have it up and running, my concern:

I run in-car camera with a narrow FOV (don't know off-hand the angle), on a 1680x1050.

My concern right now is that the display will completely obscure/block out my instrument/gauge panel, on my FZR at least. As of now my rpm/speedo are in the middle very bottom.

Perhaps having this information only become present to the racers when conditions change, as outside of directors/managers this info is not available IRL either?

I applaud the work here, and hope LFS may integrate trackside flashing yellows a la IRL at some point. For now, i think it needs some thought put into the display.
Quote from srdsprinter :I'd like to try this if any servers have it up and running, my concern:

I run in-car camera with a narrow FOV (don't know off-hand the angle), on a 1680x1050.

My concern right now is that the display will completely obscure/block out my instrument/gauge panel, on my FZR at least. As of now my rpm/speedo are in the middle very bottom.

Perhaps having this information only become present to the racers when conditions change, as outside of directors/managers this info is not available IRL either?

I applaud the work here, and hope LFS may integrate trackside flashing yellows a la IRL at some point. For now, i think it needs some thought put into the display.

you can check it out on our server, [FG] Racing. i've allowed anybody to access the menu, so you don't have to be an admin on our server to test out the program right now.
Quote from burnsy1882 :you can check it out on our server, [FG] Racing. i've allowed anybody to access the menu, so you don't have to be an admin on our server to test out the program right now.

Testing it on my own server. Nothing personal, I just prefer to test stuff in a closed enviornment
Quote from burnsy1882 :i think the reason why it doesn't work locally is because LFS sends the buttons to a specified connectionid, and a local or self hosted game doesn't have the connectionid's. but don't quote me on that , as that's what i've gotten from my testing. i tried running it locally, not connecting it to a server, and found the same problems.

LFS treats buttons differently depending on whether the InSim program is connecting to a client or a host. There is a "local" setting that you need to set for client connections.
Could it be recoded to work with a local/self-hosted game?
updated to 1.0.4.1, uploaded in OP.
Fantastic, just the features that were wanted , will be testing on Saturday.
thank DeadWolfBones, he was bugging me to make him a "custom" version for him to use in IGTC, and so took some of the ideas and put it in the "production" version. any other ideas are always welcome.
In that case..

Ive had ideas for a concept for ages, but havent a clue how to even start to think about it.. If you can impliment any of this.. would be fantastic
Attached files
RaceMSG.txt - 2 KB - 516 views
Quote from mkinnov8 :In that case..

Ive had ideas for a concept for ages, but havent a clue how to even start to think about it.. If you can impliment any of this.. would be fantastic

You know, You should post that in program/InSim requests. Id be inrested in doing that
Quote from mkinnov8 :In that case..

you're wanting that implemented in this program, or a new program?
That would be an extremely useful program.

LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG