The online racing simulator
Bash TV: Episode 2
(23 posts, started )
Well, after several months, a complete re-shoot, and re-editing three quarters of the entire show due to a PC upgrade - it's finally here!

Episode 2 of Bash TV, this time another CTRA bump n jump race, but a bit more exciting layout instead of an oval (just for Kurent )

A bit of extra footage in there as well, but I'll keep that a secret until you watch it!

Here are the links:

Youtube: Part 1: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ghyWX4XgqZU
Part 2: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CWq9aWXBvlQ THERE IS A PART 2!!! WATCH IT GODDAMMIT!

Download: Full episode: http://damo74.diinoweb.com/fil ... 0Videos/bashtvep2full.wmv (right click - save as. Never tried this place before so dont know what speed you'll get)

LFSVideo.net : http://www.lfsvideo.net/play.php?vid=142 Part 1
http://www.lfsvideo.net/play.php?vid=140 Part 2

Anyways, constructive criticism is always welcome. The quality of the footage i think is a lot better than the first episode due to increased processing power, and I was able to get a better FPS too. Although trying to render it and maintain the quality without ending up with a 1.6GB file was the problem! Any hints on final rendering settings from the pros?

ENJOY!
Great show once again. Loved the commentating and all. Good job mate.
I just watched this, very nice. The thing that popped into my head (which is very sleepy at the moment, and overloaded from work) is
with so many different series we could host LFS TV Channel
Joking ofcourse, but check out the lineup:

STCC coverages
Blame game
Bash TV
DW: Head 2 Head

there are probably others that I can't even remember right now because I'm going to bed
Quote from squidhead :I just watched this, very nice. The thing that popped into my head (which is very sleepy at the moment, and overloaded from work) is
with so many different series we could host LFS TV Channel

LOL.

I like that, anyone own a cable TV station??
Quote from Damo74 :LOL.

I like that, anyone own a cable TV station??

well I happen to work at one, so if you guys would kindly barge in and take over I'd help
Rofl its "This guy"

Anyway it was a good race but quite appuling to see the driving standard so low and well its not on really but thats CTRA for you Dustruction Durby.

Right on with the video, Good well very good better then your last one and the small comdey thrown in was golden couldnt stop laughing Keep em coming Damo
Wow, I really was a rubbish driver! (this must be about 8 months old!) Brilliant episode though, great commentary and that Blame Game bit... Awesome!

Good to see you found your voice, because last time you were basically whispering.

I'm at school so I'll watch it again when I get home and see what else I can find...
@Astroboy: LOL, driving standards? in Bump n Jump? bit hard to have driving standards on a track like Champagne!

@MP3 Astra: what do you mean "was a rubbish driver"? LOL, just kidding. Glad you liked that little bit I threw in, it only took me, like, forever, to get it all timed up and I must have re-recorded the voice over about 45 times to get it right on that bit. "this guy" MUST appear in a future Blame Game episode, oK?

And yea, i did find my voice, I did it on a day off from work, when there was no one else home so I let loose. God it was fun.

OH YEAH:

I need some replays for any future episodes, as the ones I have aren't all that exciting!! Its open to ANY form of racing, but action packed races are preferred! Doesn't have to be all about crashing and stuff, multiple passing etc is great. Send me your MPRs people!!! (either to: [email protected] or attach it to a post here)
Absolutely quality, loved it all, especially the blame game bit with "This guy".

Keep it up!
Quote from Damo74 :

I need some replays for any future episodes, as the ones I have aren't all that exciting!! Its open to ANY form of racing, but action packed races are preferred! Doesn't have to be all about crashing and stuff, multiple passing etc is great. Send me your MPRs people!!! (either to: [email protected] or attach it to a post here)

I think I have some, although they may be patch X. I assume that isn't a problem.

I can give an excuse for my poor driving btw - this took place when I had a computer that couldn't handle LFS with more than 6 cars. So when I got to T1 I was like "panic!!!" and the mayhem ensued...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I think I have some, although they may be patch X. I assume that isn't a problem.

I can give an excuse for my poor driving btw - this took place when I had a computer that couldn't handle LFS with more than 6 cars. So when I got to T1 I was like "panic!!!" and the mayhem ensued...

Patch X replays are fine, in fact Episode 2 is a patch x replay. I'm struggling to replicate the same settings on Patch Y that allow me to record at 60fps full speed.

This race is a VERY early bump n jump race, just after ctra x went live. Notice the mid-race rejoins by Astra & myself (which was banned shortly thereafter).

And blaming your pc is sad, so very sad....
I'm surprised this isn't getting the attention it deserves
Quote from squidhead :I'm surprised this isn't getting the attention it deserves

Any promotion ideas? MP3 Astra & I are working on a little something for the next Blame Game episode.

I dunno , I reckon its worth a view, not blowing my own trumpet or anything but its better than some others posted here which get like a million views.
Quote from Damo74 :Any promotion ideas? MP3 Astra & I are working on a little something for the next Blame Game episode.

promotional short videos for each episode a week before release? I don't know...never had to promote any of my movies...
cool vid! surprised noone rolled, I used that track for my crash episode 12 vid :banana:
haha that video was hilarious.. ooh there's a part 2... *watches*
#17 - neRu
Great episode of Bash TV! Also great commentary.

I really liked your camerawork, how did you pull that off?
#18 - SamH
hahaha! Bloody brilliant! I had no idea this was up! You really do a fantastic commentary, and had me laughing out loud at the end of Part 1!!

Well done matey, that's been well worth the wait!
Quote from neRu :I really liked your camerawork, how did you pull that off?

All camera views are Shift-U jobbies or custom views using FlipCam so i could get multiple viewpoints on the car.

I must say, its very time consuming as I have to keep restarting the replays to record the next camera shot as I overlap the recordings a bit and then edit the excess bits out to try and make it a little more continuous.

It does mean each camera position around the track is never in the same position 100% each lap, but hopefully no one notices that!

Plus, my mouse is a lot better this time round and panning is a lot easier, plus I used the FOV buttons to greater effect (4,5,6 & 7). It certainly adds another element to the footage.

@SamH: Cheers mate, much appreciated.
Very well made and fun to watch. Good job
just downloaded and all i can say is excellent and that dont cover it, very well done mate
#22 - aoun
ROFL at blame game.

Damo74, if you need another commentator, let me know .
Good stuff Damo, was proper funny

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG