The online racing simulator
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Interesting average speeds!
Positions 1-8 match in pairs...is that a bug or is that actually correct?

Hadn't noticed that

Yes, it's a bug.
Quote from evilpimp ::O Grats my fellow alien :P

And to you aswell Jack n Mutt!

I knew u'd do good jack your laptime in practice was pretty nice.

Now jus gotta wait for the replay n see how it went.

Quote from J@tko :http://new-dimension-racing.br ... /Round%205,%20Race%201.7z

=(
Important Notice
Our apologies but the page you are trying to reach cannot be displayed because we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Members of the Bravenet administration team have been notified and are working to resolve the issue. Please check back shortly. If the problem persists you can reach Bravenet support via http://support.bravenet.com
Thank you for your patience,
- the Bravenet Team

I get this error :S
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, but I didn't pass because you're not allowed to pass unnder SC...He said "pass me" after everyone else had gone...

I know it was green flag, but we hadn't crossed the line, and technically we can't pass him, right??

I know you were trying to follow the rules, which is good, but the rule says:

"1. If the car ahead of you spins or is otherwise unable to maintain safety car speed, that car may be overtaken"

If that wasn't in the rules, then someone can simply drive 10mph around the course and hold up everyone!
I seriously think there should be strict regulations about SC period. Something like 5 pos penalty for each bump (unable to maintain safe distance during SAFETY car) and of course in case of an accident immediate disqualification
So everyone knows, I will be going through all the complaints in this thread tonight.

Make sure that they are in this thread if you want them checked into.

d
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : Kinda look silly now
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : Kinda look silly now
I have split off the extraneous discussion of the Stefan and JO53PHS incident.

This thread is unlocked. Any further chat of that incident will be removed, no questions asked.

I will be going through the replays starting in about an hour or so.

d
I thought it was really unfair that my internet broke and i spent all my time this evening trying to fix it for the lfs beginners cup....despite all this i had to start in the pits and by the time i was out of them all the cars were a country mile ahead! there was no point of me being there and if this happens to someone else who takes time out of there sunday evening i think you should let them start from the back of the grid...........:mad:

Pacesetter
The incident with Konata-San that I would like looked at, actually happened in Lap 1. I don't know why I thought of lap 6

EDIT: I've watched the replay properly now, and I can't see anything wrong with what I was doing under SC. In the second corner of SC, I bumped in Kipsus when the field braked sharply. Due to the low ride height of the FOX, I couldn't see anyone ahead of him, so I wasn't expecting him to brake sharply. No damage was caused, and we resumed pace.

The incident where Garally stopped was a complete disaster. He just stopped right in front of Captain Slow, with no apparent reason. If his clutch was damaged as he says, I'm sure it would have lasted until the pack resumed again, and then he could have safely pulled onto the grass. I did run into the back of Kipsus quite sharply here, but everyone had similar incidents. He stopped and pulled over with Technique, so I kept going. I would deem that as him losing his position, as it isn't directly my fault that he pulled over. At the next turn, the Race Control told Stefan to give the place back to Captain Slow. But no-one else was mentioned, so I take that to mean that that was the only illegal move.

Kipsus then tried re-taking his lost positions, and I didn't want to let him in (No hard feelings or anything, it's just that I liked my position ). So I stayed about a car length from Stan in front of me, which I deemed to be a safe distance at 60mph. He was about the same distance away from Captain Slow in front of him.

Captain Slow then started saying "Pass Me", even though he was passing out other cars, so I got confused here! It was here that I clipped Stan (So sorry mate!). Other cars then started passing us out, even though we were doing 80mph, well over SC limit. So then I passed him too...I think, looking back on it, that if he wanted everyone to pass him, he should have pulled onto the grass...

My weaving didn't cause any incidents at all, contrary to reports...

That's my views on the race anyway, there were some problems I thought...

EDIT2: There wasn't much noticeable chat, the only culprit really being DalekSam throughout the event...
Quote from kABLiuks :I dont know waht happend in lap 10 with Hintty, i watched replay and donno, it seems that i was on my racing line and he tried to cut...

From my end, this incident appears to have been caused by some network latency. Neither made any uncalledfor moves to block/change lanes.

This is being declared a Lag-induced incident.

d
This post addresses all incidents during the Safety Car Period.

The following drivers overtook during the safety car period and will be assesed a 5 second time penalty per car overtaken.

Format: Drivername (cars overtaken) [Total penalty]

FinnWest (6) [30s]
NBr Garally (1) [5s]
Stefan Alfons (2) [10s]

The schemozzle on the SCs in lap was due to NBr BDr going very slowly through Turns 2 through 5. A 4-point penalty will be assesed to him.

Everyone else in that schemozzle is recieving a WARNING for not paying attention to what's going on ahead, following too close, and not driving cautiously during an SC period.

d
NBr BDr is being placed on Probation for the rest of the season for his incidents in Round 5. He will start at the back of the grid for round 6, both races, for causing two avoidable incidents, the first during the SC period, and the second, on the lap where he spun and tried to rejoin into oncoming traffic.

d
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Also, at lap 6(?), 2 turns before the oval, I was passing Konata-San on the inside, and he just turned into me, forcing me off the track...

This incident took me a good hour to decide on this.

One could contest that Rob had sufficient overlap enterting the turn, therefore
meaning that konata-san had to leave him racing room.

One could also contest that Rob did not have sufficient overlap until after the standard turn-in point, and Rob did not exercise due caution when making the maneuver. Rob could have waited, and used the slipstream to overtake konata on the oval bit.

So, in short, I am going to give both drivers a CAUTION based on the points made.

A stricter penalty is unwarranted because Rob finished and konata DNFed.

d
Attached here are the results.

Results will become official at 2200 GMT on 4 March 2008.

d
Attached files
Results_Qual.pdf - 25.4 KB - 222 views
Results_Race.pdf - 32.9 KB - 274 views
Quote from dekojester :This post addresses all incidents during the Safety Car Period.

The following drivers overtook during the safety car period and will be assesed a 5 second time penalty per car overtaken.

Format: Drivername (cars overtaken) [Total penalty]

FinnWest (6) [30s]
NBr Garally (1) [5s]
Stefan Alfons (2) [10s]

The schemozzle on the SCs in lap was due to NBr BDr going very slowly through Turns 2 through 5. A 4-point penalty will be assesed to him.

Everyone else in that schemozzle is recieving a WARNING for not paying attention to what's going on ahead, following too close, and not driving cautiously during an SC period.

d

Two questions/statements

1) Was I involved in this so called schemozzle? If so, I DID pay attention to what was going on ahead, and I DID just about brake in time . Just to let you know I am not appealing my warning, If you can even appeal a warning

2) Whats a schemozzle ?

BTW dekojester, you just managed to Quint-post /Penta-post yourself
Well, I was looking ahead, but with the combination of the poor visibility out of the FOX, a terrible connection and LOD turned all the way down, it was hard to see ahead...and it was just after the apex of the corner, so I couldn't really see it...I'm sure this applies to others too...

Nevertheless, a good decision for the circumstances...

As for the incident between me and Konata-San, I thought I had the rights to the racing line, as I was ahead going in to the apex. What's the ruling on this (the rights to racing line)? I know that the single seater's are notoriously difficult to see sidewards, but shouldn't he be aware of the surrounding environment? I drive with vitual mirrors on to make sure I can see what's happening around me clearly...

The general ruling was, with my understanding, that in Single Seaters, the driver who's head is further ahead has the rights to the racing line, and the other driver, whether they be on the inside or outside, must give way.

I respect your decision Deko, and I'm not appealing the ruling, I'm just wondering...

Also regarding the penalty for bumping another driver, what about lag? When someone brakes sharply, there will probably be a delay between them braking and it showing up on everyone elses PC. Should the person who brakes like that be penalised instead?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG