The online racing simulator
It would be nice to have a way to share engine sounds just like you can send car settings.
It should allow Free mods, then we can get real stuff without the devs paying loyalties, and in turn, us paying for the cost
my suggestion of the day:

LFS license price should be raised.
AS mentioned earlier in the thread, Id like to see a formation lap option.

Or even take this further and have an rFactor style option where you can choose from rolling start/fast rolling/Standing start or to use the deafault for the track.

Also like others I would like the ability to race 24 hours with adjustable time scaling, and also rain, but make the weather dynamic so it could be dry one minute and pouring the next to create an interesting situation in a race!

Joe
Quote from 5haz :AS mentioned earlier in the thread, Id like to see a formation lap option.

Or even take this further and have an rFactor style option where you can choose from rolling start/fast rolling/Standing start or to use the deafault for the track.

Also like others I would like the ability to race 24 hours with adjustable time scaling, and also rain, but make the weather dynamic so it could be dry one minute and pouring the next to create an interesting situation in a race!

Joe

+1
oh, what about modeling wheels falling off?
anti-lag for xrr ?
custom reflection on the cars
i think it would be cool if we could change reflection on the car from the garage-->colors
Validate Username
Hi

Just been sorting out our 6 server ban files and found a number of username that are not on LFSWorld

a) I think it would be a good idea to validate usernames on a ban

Also one problem that need sorting is when you get a wrecker on a server and he disconnects before you get his name.

So its off to watch the replay and then back on the server to ban him

b) If the connection list "Greyed out" anyone who leaves for x seconds that would be a great feature for admins so we can still use the ban button
Quote from birder :
Also one problem that need sorting is when you get a wrecker on a server and he disconnects before you get his name.

So its off to watch the replay and then back on the server to ban him

That can be done via insim programs so that isnt a big problem realy.
Quote from B0mberMan :my suggestion of the day:

LFS license price should be raised.

Why it's only a beta They are getting paid testing for a game that doesn't seem to see the final any time soon, if each update comes up where paying for it. (not meaning to sound bad about it)

But it's LFS soo I make the exception

I just wonder if they lowered the prices since it's only a beta if we will have more of a percentage of users that get licenced
During LFS online racing I use all of the times the F9 button since I need to check the temperature of the tires and if they are dirt free so I know how much I can push to the limit. But pressing F9 I can not see how close is the driver before and after me. So I press F9 again and again and again so I can check both tyre temperature and other racers distance from me. This is distructing and is not easy to drive at the limit and also press F9. So I would sugest that pressing F9 does not hide the drivers names and distances. What do you think???
Quote from nexis :So I would sugest that pressing F9 does not hide the drivers names and distances. What do you think???

And I would sugest rather normal behaviour of tyre, so U or I dont need to look all the time on temperature... I also drive always with F9 view, but only sicne last patch...
Quote from nexis :During LFS online racing I use all of the times the F9 button since I need to check the temperature of the tires and if they are dirt free so I know how much I can push to the limit. But pressing F9 I can not see how close is the driver before and after me. So I press F9 again and again and again so I can check both tyre temperature and other racers distance from me. This is distructing and is not easy to drive at the limit and also press F9. So I would sugest that pressing F9 does not hide the drivers names and distances. What do you think???

That's weird, I always drive with an empty screen, why would I need to know if someone is closing in on me? The stress would make me slower anyway and I only care about the car behind me when it's in my rear view mirror. And I have F9 bound to a key and shift+F, so I can always view everything when I need to

Quote from FlowLord :I would like to add three things...
3: Viewer usable without license, there are lots of talented people around, that are not licensed...

the viewer IS usable without a licence.
You're right, that would be helpful. I've been racing for a few years and even I still don't know what all the options do.
There's LFS Manual.
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Specht :+ More than 8 shadows at a time!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!!
+ More than 8 shadows at a time!!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf2:
Why do we want drift tires? Think about it, LFS is the best drifting game so far, but they didnt try to make a drifting game? They tried to make a realistic racing game!
So, think about Nfs carbon, most wanted etc; Drift ruined because they tried to make a drifting game with drift tires! (And that drift sucks, waaaayy to easy to drift, just hold two buttons and ure done)
Can i ask when is this Update/S3 Coming out?
I would guess that precisely 29.2.2009!

In other words: Only dev's know about it (And I bet that even they don't know the release-day in front), and they won't tell it (Because if they fail to release new patch on said release-day, lots of people would get angry. No point to make promises if there is a chance that you can't keep them).
When it's finished. S3 is oft rumoured to be between two and five years away. Don't expect all the suggestions to make it however.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG