The online racing simulator
Quote from highbridge :Y9 patch was fixed font scale???
but Japanese font size is un-balanced ...
see attached image.
Different of Y8 and Y9.

Y8

Y9

I think it doesn't matter, doesn't it?
Quote from highbridge :Y9 patch was fixed font scale???
but Japanese font size is un-balanced ...
see attached image.
Different of Y8 and Y9.

Y8

Y9

OK let me check here :

The problem you are pointing out is : Now that the font height is standardised, the width is a bit too much, so the lines are getting squashed to fit on the line?

In that case I think the best solution for this would be for LFS to analyse the true width of the text when deciding to break onto the next line. At the moment (for help text and lessons) it chooses line breaks based on number of characters, ignoring the width.
Quote from BarretOocR :Scawen:::::

What are you doing . Ok this is my problem. I do have internet. I called my isp server host made them rest my ip, and i still cannot download new patch log into lfsworld or even lfs its self

The connection has timed out
The server at www.liveforspeed.net is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

I can download it. Suggest you try again.
-
(duke_toaster) DELETED by franky500 : spammer + reply
-
(shiny_red_cobra) DELETED by franky500 : spammer
This bug has raised it's head since Y9. I have buttons assigned to my wheel. They are: F10, F12, Shift+F and a macro that toggles repair damage for 'Yes' to 'No'
During the heat of battle I inadvertently pressed Shift+F button and the F10 button at the same time. This resulted in a black screen (which cost me the Championship, $5000 prize money and a new Audi!) This can be recreated by pressing any combination of the said buttons.Pressing a single button returns to the game. Apart from the black screen the graphics suddenly became very fuzzy, most notable with the text.
XP SP3
Intel dual core 2.40ghz
nVidea 8800GTX
2ghz ram
No overclocking.
Reverting to Y :-)
Hmmm I just tried what you said and all it did was change the display mode to 640x480 (16-bit). Weird. Is this a feature or a bug?
-
(greg_slideways) DELETED by greg_slideways
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hmmm I just tried what you said and all it did was change the display mode to 640x480 (16-bit). Weird. Is this a feature or a bug?

Update. I've reverted to Y and it does the same. So it's not Y9 related.
Shift + F9-F12 just changes to one of the configurable screen resolutions. Maybe Shift+F10 is set to a resolution your monitor doesn't support? Or changing the res causes LFS to stay black on your PC? Updating your GFX card drivers could solve that problem, but tbh I don't think this is a LFS bug at all, unless it really reproducibly stays black on different PC configurations
Quote from Scawen :OK let me check here :

The problem you are pointing out is : Now that the font height is standardised, the width is a bit too much, so the lines are getting squashed to fit on the line?

In that case I think the best solution for this would be for LFS to analyse the true width of the text when deciding to break onto the next line. At the moment (for help text and lessons) it chooses line breaks based on number of characters, ignoring the width.

That's right.
I have tested by InSim Button.
This result was no problem.

Attached images
20080211085919.jpg
20080211085944.jpg
Quote from AndroidXP :Shift + F9-F12 just changes to one of the configurable screen resolutions. Maybe Shift+F10 is set to a resolution your monitor doesn't support? Or changing the res causes LFS to stay black on your PC? Updating your GFX card drivers could solve that problem, but tbh I don't think this is a LFS bug at all, unless it really reproducibly stays black on different PC configurations

I've twigged it. You're quite right it isn't a bug. Shift+F12 changes the screen to 16bit. What I've done is make LFS think I'm asking for a screen resolution change. I'll have to be a bit more careful when pressing wheel buttons in future! :dopey: Sorry to have taken up your time.
-
(hda) DELETED by hda : my bad
Quote from Doorman :This bug has raised it's head since Y9. I have buttons assigned to my wheel. They are: F10, F12, Shift+F and a macro that toggles repair damage for 'Yes' to 'No'
During the heat of battle I inadvertently pressed Shift+F button and the F10 button at the same time. This resulted in a black screen (which cost me the Championship, $5000 prize money and a new Audi!) This can be recreated by pressing any combination of the said buttons.Pressing a single button returns to the game. Apart from the black screen the graphics suddenly became very fuzzy, most notable with the text.
XP SP3
Intel dual core 2.40ghz
nVidea 8800GTX
2ghz ram
No overclocking.
Reverting to Y :-)

Quote from AndroidXP :Shift + F9-F12 just changes to one of the configurable screen resolutions. Maybe Shift+F10 is set to a resolution your monitor doesn't support? Or changing the res causes LFS to stay black on your PC? Updating your GFX card drivers could solve that problem, but tbh I don't think this is a LFS bug at all, unless it really reproducibly stays black on different PC configurations

Quote from Doorman :I've twigged it. You're quite right it isn't a bug. Shift+F12 changes the screen to 16bit. What I've done is make LFS think I'm asking for a screen resolution change. I'll have to be a bit more careful when pressing wheel buttons in future! :dopey: Sorry to have taken up your time.

OK... I've tried to reproduce this without success, and can't see how what you describe could happen. But maybe I'm doing it a different way. Maybe you are using your wheel software and it's faking the shift key?

The way I did it is the "LFS way" and it seems to be safe even if you press two buttons at the same time (see attachment) :

Assign text "/press F10" to CTRL+F3 - then assign to a button
Assign text "/shift F" to CTRL+F4 - then assign to a button

So that's the way to do it... or is that what you did anyway? This way only "presses the shift key" while that key is being processed, so the "shift key down" status cannot be transferred onto the other key which is pressed at the same time - and that's why I can't reproduce the bug or see how it could happen.
Attached images
ctrl_buttons.jpg
I use the Logitech profiler to give me shift+f with one button press and the other F keys are assigned via the profiler as well. A kind soul PM'd me with the tip of making all the shift+F9-12 the same resolution (1680x1050 32bit) that way accidents are avoided.
I'm sorry you've been bothered.
Quote from HaobenXia :Well, I have many True Type fonts in my OS. I dont think only 2 contain the Simplified Chinese character set. Such as "simhei.ttf", "FZYTK.TTF"...
In fact, I just want to use the "simhei.ttf" font in LFS.

I have made one small change which could possibly affect this.

Please check if you get the same result in X10 which I'll release later today.
Quote from Scawen :I have made one small change which could possibly affect this.

Please check if you get the same result in X10 which I'll release later today.

You mean 'Y'
Oops, looks like Scawen just irreversibly rolled back all changes since X10
Quote from AndroidXP :Oops, looks like Scawen just irreversibly rolled back all changes since X10

Thats how he makes so many versions. Makes a sly move back to a previous version
Quote from mcgas001 :Thats how he makes so many versions. Makes a sly move back to a previous version

maybe he's tired
xD
Work so much
Guys stop spamming the thread, every time a new message is posted it interrupts him. Do you guys want the new patch out or not?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Guys stop spamming the thread, every time a new message is posted it interrupts him. Do you guys want the new patch out or not?

Lol.. sry, okey
#44 - Woz
Scawen: Sorry for a slight hijack or thread, but as test patch time appeared the ideal time.

I get the feeling is a very minor change, increasing the lock on some cars.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38765

We have had 900 degree wheels for a long time now DFP first andd now the G25. It makes sense that the lower spec road cars have their lock increased to 900 so we can fully use the wheels while still using wheel turn comp to reduce the lock on cars that have less.

I started the poll a little too late in the patch cycle but quick results appear to be UF1, GT, GTi and TBO cars should have 900 lock.

If this is a matter of changing the limit from 720 to 900 for those cars is it something that is possible for this round of patches. If not it can wait but is somethings I feel is worth it in a later patch.

OTHERS: No need to discuss in here. Was just making Scawen aware of the poll. If you want to talk about please use the thread linked above and vote
About steering wheel rotation :

I think it should wait because all the driver steering animations would have to be upgraded. But it's something to think about and research, I agree. Also it's the kind of thing that might put hot laps out of sync although you might not expect it to. I wouldn't know without studying the code in detail. But it's not a quick thing to do, I have many much more important things to do, such as using a hardware draw for subobjects. If that can be done that will increase frame rates for everyone and is a step on the way to wings that break off (that will definitely not be in the next patch as it is definitely a physics change). I'm certainly not looking for improvement suggestions on this thread.

About Y10 :

I hoped to get that done today but some more things have come up and the reported issues are not all fixed. So that will be later, I hope tomorrow.
#46 - Woz
Quote from Scawen :About steering wheel rotation :

I think it should wait because all the driver steering animations would have to be upgraded. But it's something to think about and research, I agree. Also it's the kind of thing that might put hot laps out of sync although you might not expect it to. I wouldn't know without studying the code in detail. But it's not a quick thing to do, I have many much more important things to do, such as using a hardware draw for subobjects. If that can be done that will increase frame rates for everyone and is a step on the way to wings that break off (that will definitely not be in the next patch as it is definitely a physics change). I'm certainly not looking for improvement suggestions on this thread.

About Y10 :

I hoped to get that done today but some more things have come up and the reported issues are not all fixed. So that will be later, I hope tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick response and no worries. It was a bit of a sly one bringing up here as this is normally for feedback on the test patches.

I can see there is possibility for hotlap issues etc and had forgot the driver animations etc so do understand its more work than limit changes

At least I know its on the todo stack now. I know that before the G25 it was less of an issue as the DFP didnt get the user base the G25 has managed to get. It will also give the poll some more time to play out but I get the feel the rough counts show TBO and below should increase.

Thanks.
pls anyone help me.
Might be a bug: actually the needles in chase view are overlaid by text instead of the opposite.
Attached images
hmm.JPG
Read the first post on this thread. It's a known issue.
Quote from Mikygs :pls anyone help me.
Might be a bug: actually the needles in chase view are overlaid by text instead of the opposite.

old..
arox, cant you see shiny_red_cobra already replied RIGHT above your post?? Is there really need to make 99% of your posts useless spam, already done suggestions or other completely unnecessary rubbish?

Scawen, please, remove post count, it will make the forum better and it will save you money in bandwidth.

Or just ban all the forum fags.

Mods, feel free to delete this rant, but please also clean this thread.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG