The online racing simulator
Quote from deggis :You have the wheel already?! I'm sure no one here wants to hear more comments about it...

yes i do. recieved a funny grey boy yesterday you fold it open and it says: Relax... not yet.... GO GO GO

Yeah pretty cool. I had some mounting problems until i fixed them with some paper under the wheel-torso. The H-Shifter is cool i sometimes hit the barriers between the gears coz im noob :P I have Vista so i have no functional drivers just the one which make it work. It works pretty nice altho the wheel is really slippery.

Overall a pretty good firstlook i gonna write a report in the next days tho

http://teaminferno.hu/squassell/123/
Quote from Jakg :No offence, but get one and THEN post.

I say it feels like a toy because while it might be a (bit) bigger than a G25, it's MUCH thicker and feels "chunkier". Like it's an oversized toy.

Drivers still wont install properly though

I did say that i thought it looked like a toy. Point taken, but I didn't say that i'd used one.
@Jakg, did you get the wheel for free to test the wheel? Or did you just buy it?
/me is cheapskate + Dutch (and proud of it)
Free, :P

No idea if it's the lack of drivers or what (atm i think i'm using the G25 drivers for it!) but it feels slow, the H-Shifter feels crap and the wheel won't centre. Oh and the brake feels awful.

Gonna install XP 32-bit tonight and see if it feels any better.
Maybe try uninstalling Logitech drivers and installing the ones from Fanatec.

edit:

I've also heard that you might need newest .net framework
Yay. Now the wheel wont stop rumbling because the accelarator is a little bit stuck down. And when i plug the power in it sparks.

I want to like this so much but i'm really having a hard time.
Accelerator stuck down? Hardware problem already? And sparks?! The sparks part kinda made me laugh though. The wheel must really "not like you".
Yeah, little note - when you pick it up to NOT touch the accelerator. The accelerator will spring up to position Y, but with a tiny amount of force you can pull it back that little bit further and the Pots reconfigure, and when you let off the throttle you've always got about 1% throttle and the wheel starts shaking.

Basically it started the MOMO Spiking thing on me. To fix it just unplug it and remove the batteries, then put em back in again.

I don't know why it ain't playing nice.

Will get some piccies up after my stupid School meeting thingy.
I've got mine. TBH I'm very disappointed, the shifter doesn't work (2nd, 4th and 6th won't stay in gear) and the aluminium shafts allow the gear shifter to move far too much.

The wheel itself feels nice with soft touch plastics and leather. The buttons are a bit naff and move about too much though. From the little I've driven with the wheel it seems to be very quiet and have stronger and faster FF than the DFP, although that should be expected really. The packaging had a much more expensive feel to it than the Logitech boxes and in reality setup was no simpler than the wired wheels, not that they're terribly arduous anyway. The pedals seem well spaced for heel and toeing and are angled to make operation from the floor easier, that may not be good news for cockpit owners but for those who don't have the space you won't have to precariously balance your pedals on boxes anymore to get the right height. I haven't found a way to stop the wheel vibrating when you press the accelerator yet either which is rather irritating, having the rumble motors could be a nice idea if it let an InSim style program control them and at least tie them into some kind of event.

I think this wheel has still got the potential to be a true G25 rival it just needs the problems sorting because if I had paid £200 for it then I wouldn't be best impressed if the damn thing didn't work.
Quote from ajp71 :I haven't found a way to stop the wheel vibrating when you press the accelerator yet either which is rather irritating, having the rumble motors could be a nice idea if it let an InSim style program control them and at least tie them into some kind of event.

Black button on the wheel until it says "Sho" then press the D-Pad down from 100>66>33>Off.

Anyone else think the brake is a bit screwed or do i have a duff unit?
Hmmm that's why I won't buy this porsche wheel. OK it looks amazing, but it has problems such as the shifter and gas pedal... My MOMO is totally broken down, so I'm planning to buy a G25...even if Porsche is newer
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hmmm that's why I won't buy this porsche wheel. OK it looks amazing, but it has problems such as the shifter and gas pedal... My MOMO is totally broken down, so I'm planning to buy a G25...even if Porsche is newer

To be fair the G25 shifters have been pretty hopeless mass produced plastic crap as well, it's a shame because the shifter seems to be the only bit of this wheel that feels mass produced and horrible. When I tried to take the shifter off the aluminium rods the endstop came off one of them and got jammed inside the shifter, didn't seem well designed.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hmmm that's why I won't buy this porsche wheel. OK it looks amazing, but it has problems such as the shifter and gas pedal... My MOMO is totally broken down, so I'm planning to buy a G25...even if Porsche is newer

Talk about jumping to conclusions.. remember, these are test units. I'm assuming the reason why Fanatec do this test session is to pinpoint and fix problems and issues. Plus, people are just getting their wheels.. it will take some time to get feedback from many enough people to make conclusions!
Quote from ajp71 :To be fair the G25 shifters have been pretty hopeless mass produced plastic crap as well, it's a shame because the shifter seems to be the only bit of this wheel that feels mass produced and horrible. When I tried to take the shifter off the aluminium rods the endstop came off one of them and got jammed inside the shifter, didn't seem well designed.

Same thing happened to me in the wheel.

I think the mounting system is TERRIBLE for this wheel though. The double-bar idea they had before looked MUCH better.

BTW - Given up on said wheel in Vista x64. 'bout to install XP 32-bit to see if i can get it to work properly.
any americans get their wheel yet?
To anyone wondering about pics, here we go...

BTW - At the weekend i'll be installing XP with proper drivers so i'll try to give this wheel a proper go, then right my main review
Attached images
100_3040.jpg
100_3041.jpg
100_3042.jpg
100_3044.jpg
100_3045.jpg
100_3046.jpg
100_3047.jpg
100_3049.jpg
100_3051.jpg
100_3052.jpg
100_3054.jpg
100_3056.jpg
Attached images
100_3057.jpg
100_3058.jpg
100_3059.jpg
100_3061.jpg
100_3062.jpg
cool
BTW - You get TWO USB things. One is wireless for the wheel, one is a 1 GB Pen Drive (not a bad idea!)
the worst bit ive seen so far is "made in china"
odd combination with the german slapped on every other box and sheet of information
i gotta figure out which one was the usb and the connector till i saw the lights then i knew it. By the way you know that you need to uninstall vista completely to install XP? It wont work if you just make a new partition with XP. At least i heard.
Quote from Shotglass :the worst bit ive seen so far is "made in china"
odd combination with the german slapped on every other box and sheet of information

Welcome to the 21st century - Advanced German Gameware - Made in China.
Mine's arrived, still sitting in the box. Just a few more hours
Quote from Jakg :To anyone wondering about pics, here we go...

BTW - At the weekend i'll be installing XP with proper drivers so i'll try to give this wheel a proper go, then right my main review

Jack, I really think you need to go take English again. That's the second time I've seen you make that same mistake.
The wheel looks really... American.
I was just dropped wiht a large, brown box. Camera in hand (actually sitting on the desk besides me) and the box opener in the other (well, again, the same...), and i'm about to attack the box!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG