The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
January Get-Together Feedback
Say what you want here!

Excuses for not winning

Complaints about the prize

Complaints about me leaving early

e.t.c
What will the price be? I missed it if you were talking about it this evening.
Sorry for that SC / accelerator jammed on incident - totally unintentional

My mistake guys
Sorry I missed it...Please post replays if you have them. I'd like to see how it went.

What is the prize?

LOL was it a safety car wipeout again
At Ky2R, it seemed to me that the SC starts I led went fairly swimmingly. Except for the one driver spinning right when I said I was heading in this lap, and because he didn't catch up in time, and some of the back half of the field looked straggled, I redeployed for one more lap.

I did make every effort to maintain a consistent speed for you all, and avoid any excessive braking.

I also enjoyed some of the great racing I saw. I very much look forward to Round 1.

d
#6 - TomMK
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Also (again when the Safety Car was deployed on lap 5) at the moment when the Safety Car RCM was displayed, I overshot the chicane because I was looking at the map for the SC coming out of the pits! Consequently, I was overtaken by EveningStar.
Now if this was under proper racing rules what exactly would happen? I made a mistake & was overtaken whilst under Safety Car conditions. Should I have taken my place back? Would I have been correct to do so?
EveningStar did slow down as though he expected me to take my place back, so he did nothing wrong atall. But it was me, I wasn't sure if it was legit to take the place back, considering it was my mistake... & so I didn't bother!

I think that a car spinning whilst behind the safety car must stay in the position they find themselves in, since overtaking (and therefore making your place up again) is not allowed. Charlie Dekojester Whiting will need to confirm or correct that for me.
Quote from TomMK :I think that a car spinning whilst behind the safety car must stay in the position they find themselves in, since overtaking (and therefore making your place up again) is not allowed. Charlie Dekojester Whiting will need to confirm or correct that for me.

If you are unable to maintain SC pace during the SC period, you are not authorised to regain your position prior to your loss of it. Example...you spin during the SC Period, you rejoin the queue wherever you are after regaining control.

The lap 5 SC period was mainly a practice of the SC procedures, but also a simulation of how long it would have taken the marshals to remove the car in a real-life situation.

The delay in deployment was due to the examination of if the car was in an unsafe position.

d
#8 - TomMK
Quote from dekojester :If you are unable to maintain SC pace during the SC period, you are not authorised to regain your position prior to your loss of it. Example...you spin during the SC Period, you rejoin the queue wherever you are after regaining control.

That sentence should be added to the Rules - Safety Car section.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG