The online racing simulator
36 miles from Redcar to the karting center. Not that far. Another 15 miles to Newcastle centre but there should be plenty of transport for that part of the journey.
Havent really thought of coming to those meetings, but since I'm resided in Denmark now, it's quite a bit closer than to come from Estonia. Also the big fat wallet of Denmark might help me, but it is still far and it will probably all come down to how much money I have at that moment

But I would say, I'm a possible joiner and lastpunisher is nuts enough, that he'd prolly join me, so together it would be even cheaper. But time will tell
Good to know, keep us posted.
Update: I rang the karting centre today but the guy I've been talking to via email isn't about until tomorrow, so I will ring again then.
Hmm, only 36 miles ey? Well If its near august (after i've left school) I think I could get my parents to bring me over. Put me down for a possibility, and we'll see closer to the time.

Edit; It would have to be after August 15th, by the way. Since I turn 16 on that day. Luckily, my birthday is on a friday. So August 16th is a saturday. Perfect timing, I must say.
I might be able to make it...depends on my holiday dates...and what my mum says... if all is well then I will more than likely be the youngest there as I turn 15 in April. I have been to a race meet before, in 2006 and that was a lot of fun
Quote from Ian.H :Heh.. tell that to my 11 year old who just bought himself a set of clubs with cash he got for his birthday And if you tell me he's very sad, don't turn up to the meet

Golf's a great game!

Regards,

Ian

If Ash brings his clubs, you bring yours, Emmy and I will bring ours...then we can has a 4 ball

Golf FTW...(better than Polo anyway..last time I played polo my pony drowned in the pool )
Aparently there's a good golf course at Slaley Hall (about 17 miles away from Newcastle).

I hear things about it being a PGA course... not sure on that though.
Quote from mr_x :Aparently there's a good golf course at Slaley Hall (about 17 miles away from Newcastle).

I hear things about it being a PGA course... not sure on that though.

Slayley is over Hexham way, but you also have the course at Gosforth Park, which is only a couple of miles from the city. There's also one up near Morpeth that a lad at work used to play a lot...can't recall its name atm.
I'm good at Golf. Well, I'm not, but it should be a laugh if the course people can lend me a stick and some balls (Np pun intended)

Right, enough talking about golf, let's get back to an activity that requires balls...

I've had a chat with Dave from the karting center and got all the info I wanted. I'm abou to make some new threads over in leagues and events that I will link to here once they are made.

Things to decide:
Date - Date Poll
Day Activity Plan - Karting Poll, Quad Biking Poll
Okay, so my father has said he will not let me drive on my own up to Newcastle because after 4 months of having a license (April->August) I may not have enough "experience". However I can drive up there if he tags along in the front passenger seat, he has agreed to take some people up north in the back seats (2) if they put a tiny ammount of money into the fuel cost...

I already have a possible, and the date is far away, but just so I know, PM if you want a 'lift' from London (Central + Outskirts).

Back to the topic, I should be able to make the later august dates 100%, not so sure about the earlier dates (July) and the later (September).
that circuit looks excellent Bob. I always loved doing the 3 hour endurance races at Buckmore park. This circuit and karts look just as good
#339 - AMB
Quote from dmwright :You may be mistaken . I race in Senior karts, at front grid . Less weight = More speed so bring it on

Seniors at 14? i don't think so it's 16 to be in Seniors and 11 - 16 in Juniors, as i also race karts, But i am in seniors I am 16 and will be racing Senior Max soon (90mph) will i be able to turn up here guys with my dad because he also races on LFS
I tried to tell him that
I only noticed this thread last night!

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in coming, although if I'm in E-Sussex at the time it's gonna be a tough journey... is anyone planning on travelling from down there?
Count me in for sure. Sounds like a right laugh.

I will most likely be getting a lift from The General Lee, as he has to come past my town on his way up anyway.
I want S14 Drift to come, he only lives 20 mins from me
tbh I'm gonna be a boring fart again and say that I'd rather take the time to chat to everyone and not race again This means, if you can put up with "shakey cam", that I'm likely to be picture guy again
You did a bang up job with the "shakey cam" last time Karl
Do you think they'd let me strap mine to my helmet for helmet cam?
It would be cool to see everyone rushing past me whilst i try to find the accelerator....
Quote from mcgas001 :I want S14 Drift to come, he only lives 20 mins from me

He is a great guy, but I warn you, he is also one of the most embarrassing people you could ever meet!

I still love him though xD
Quote from The General Lee :He is a great guy, but I warn you, he is also one of the most embarrassing people you could ever meet!

I still love him though xD

Meh, Nevermind hes not been on the forums in a month, Most likely givin up LFS
Pretty much. I met him at our Moo meet up. He was a good laugh. So many pictures of us together (not actually TOGETHER - It wasn't one of those weekends)

He know plays Mayple Story >.>
Quote from danowat :You did a bang up job with the "shakey cam" last time Karl

Never did see any footage, so I think I did a bloodly sterling job

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG