The online racing simulator
Man-Flu
(20 posts, started )
Man-Flu
LOL.

I rarely even get a cold and when I do I just keep doing what I do. Sometimes extra sports too tbh... I hate staying in bed for more then 2 hours... it gives me a headache...
However Im sure most of those men just want an excuse not to go to work lol.
I'm still sick, for like 2 weeks with a migraine, passing into a cold and now just stuffy nose.
I would question the source and the study Mind you in the UK they do like to waste time and money on pointless studies so it wouldn't surprise me.
Personally, I think ANY news posted on "Dave's Daily" may not be 100% true.
So basically they´ve proved that men are lazyer and less responsible than women.
Quote from Kalev EST :So basically they´ve proved that men are lazyer and less responsible than women.

Nothing new there.
I think we all knew that :S Theyve just wasted money for nothing...
I have a personal theory that explains man-flu. This theory has not been tested, but I feel that there is a perfectly reasonable excuse for the fact that men suffer more than women. This is based on medical facts that are well known, and easily proven.

FACT: During the course of a month, a woman's body temperature WILL fluctuate, in fact, many women monitor these changes to predict their most fertile days, if they are trying to conceive.

FACT: Men are lucky in that during a normal month, their temperature will remain constant.

THEORY: Men are more susceptible to temperature changes in their bodies than women, and will therefore feel the effects more.

(PROOF of THEORY: I have been explaining this to Mrs B for years...and she even believes it too!)
Quote from Madman_CZ :I would question the source and the study Mind you in the UK they do like to waste time and money on pointless studies so it wouldn't surprise me.

Did you see the research done on the best dunking biscuit? 2 years of research which cost millions. Personally I'm betting the guys who did it just wanted an extended tea break.

As for man flu, I worked on a farm with a full blown chest infection the whole time coughing up shit, I refuse to admit that I am ill, even when I really am ill. Some people are just lazy and a cold is enough reason to do nothing.
Quote from Bladerunner :I have a personal theory that explains man-flu. This theory has not been tested, but I feel that there is a perfectly reasonable excuse for the fact that men suffer more than women. This is based on medical facts that are well known, and easily proven.

FACT: During the course of a month, a woman's body temperature WILL fluctuate, in fact, many women monitor these changes to predict their most fertile days, if they are trying to conceive.

FACT: Men are lucky in that during a normal month, their temperature will remain constant.

THEORY: Men are more susceptible to temperature changes in their bodies than women, and will therefore feel the effects more.

(PROOF of THEORY: I have been explaining this to Mrs B for years...and she even believes it too!)

Just a shame temperature has nothing do to with colds or influenzas, because that's an otherwise great theory
Quote from Kalev EST :So basically they´ve proved that men are lazyer and less responsible than women.

Todays top story:

Rain is wet.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Todays top story:

Rain is wet.

Are you sure? You might want to get a gov't grant and spend a few years researching it.
To spend that money on Blackjack, Guinness and Macbook Airs.

In the name of Science (a la Jakg style ).
I say rain is not wet.

My theory : When rain touches something, it releases the liquid in it and puts it out which gives us the impression that rain is wet.

Im not stupid but I just HAD to .
Quote from tristancliffe :Just a shame temperature has nothing do to with colds or influenzas, because that's an otherwise great theory

Aah, but there you are wrong dear Sherlock!! When you have a heavy cold or flu, you will most likely develop a fever, which will RAISE your body temperature... it is precisely THIS raise in temperature that men find difficult to support!
I assume you meant that it was external/ambient temperature having an effect...in yet another study commissioned at great expense to the tax-payer, they PROVED that people who are subjected to cold temperatures are more likely to catch a cold.
Linky to report

Also, rain is not wet, it is green.
#16 - J.B.
I fail to see the significance of this. Aren't most illnesses biased towards men or woman in some way?
Quote from evilpimp :LOL.

I rarely even get a cold and when I do I just keep doing what I do. Sometimes extra sports too tbh... I hate staying in bed for more then 2 hours... it gives me a headache...
However Im sure most of those men just want an excuse not to go to work lol.

thats me in a nutshell... the sleeping bed part only of course
At least we'll never get bird-flu
Quote from J.B. :I fail to see the significance of this. Aren't most illnesses biased towards men or woman in some way?

of course... I've never heard of a woman getting a prostate exam... except that one athlete chick that got busted for steroids...

I can see where males are more susceptible to colds and flus.
I'm too tired to go into it, but I believe that might just be the case.
#20 - wark
Quote from Racer Y :I've never heard of a woman getting a prostate exam...

Nope, I give some girls free prostate exams. So far they've all tested negative! :magnify:

Man-Flu
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG