The online racing simulator
#1 - avih
Real time "old" to "new" packets conversion
Hi,
Is there a tool for such a real time conversion? My 1st motivation was Kegetys great tools such as ghostcar and pitspotter, but there could be others.

I haven't tried programming for LFS yet, but It might be more than just packets. Maybe "login" sequence, etc. Generally though, having a proxy to connect "old" apps to current LFS.

Any Info? How hard it might be? Will someone give it a go?

cheers
#2 - nikka
I have started the Insim Gateway project here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 925&highlight=gateway

It is not yet completed, but you are kindly invited to continue the project

Success may depend on the requirements of the insim addon application. Outsim and Outgauge tools might not be critical, but it still has to be done. Lap logging tools seem to be much more critical because of the old connection numbers in insim v3.

I expect that you only need to add further conversion functions to InsimConversion.cpp and add the call to these functions in InsimGateway.cpp, that should be all. The main body of the application already exists.

Good luck and regards
Soeren
#4 - avih
k, sounds like a good start however with inherent issues...

Sorry, I didn't check the essential differences between the old and new versions before I posted this question, and now that I've followed your other thread, I see that some issues cannot be solved, and even more, that pitspotter probably wouldn't work (it has to be aware of all the cars) with a crowded field. To make pitspotter work, one would have to probably complete your gateway and then add some pitspotter-specific layer into the to the conversion process itself to select the closest cars to the driver's car. Might be easier to write pitspotter from scratch

Thanks for your replies and tool. I might have a go at it if I find enough spare time (not very likely anytime soon...)

cheers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG